Last Book You Read....

H_B

Dont read the follow up to The Poet - it is awful!

If you like Connolly's books I recommend Harlan Coben - I think you would like them.

I concur on Hanks. Only Nicholas Cage annoys me more.

There is a follow up to the Poet you should read. Although I try not to read too many by the same author one after the other.

Finished The Poet earlier, it was a gripping read. Some nice twists along the way too :)

I'll save the sequel for a bit, and read something else. Don't want to get too bogged down by American serial killers.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished reading this last night.

1840181087.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I heard about this guy a few years ago and found the book in a second hand shop recently. He was a kind of George Best figure who played 4th division football for reading in the 70's. He was a big centre forward with a lot of skill who helped Reading to promotion. He was then signed by 2nd division Cardiff before going completely off the rails, retiring from football and he died at the age of 38.

He was a real extrovert who once removed the helmet of a policeman and kissed him on the head after he scored. He also turned Bobby Moore inside out when Moore played for Fulham. Moore went mental after Friday grabbed his balls. He also scored a stunning goal where he flicked the ball over his head and then volleyed it in from the edge of the box. Amazingly, the referee, Clive Thomas, stopped and applauded it. He's still a hero amongst Reading fans and probably would have gone on to play for England had he not been a complete nutjob.

The book's written in a kind of diary style with match reports mixed with words from his family, team-mates, managers, etc. Really good read with some brilliant anecdotes. I rattled through it in a couple of days.

It's written by Paolo Hewitt and Paul McGuigan. McGuigan was the bassist in Oasis when the book came out.

I'm reading "True Myths" about Arnold Schwarzenneger by Nigel Andrews.

I don't think the Republicans would be too happy about some of his political opinions from his bodybuilding days..... :ph34r:

Finished reading this last night.

1840181087.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I heard about this guy a few years ago and found the book in a second hand shop recently. He was a kind of George Best figure who played 4th division football for reading in the 70's. He was a big centre forward with a lot of skill who helped Reading to promotion. He was then signed by 2nd division Cardiff before going completely off the rails, retiring from football and he died at the age of 38.

He was a real extrovert who once removed the helmet of a policeman and kissed him on the head after he scored. He also turned Bobby Moore inside out when Moore played for Fulham. Moore went mental after Friday grabbed his balls. He also scored a stunning goal where he flicked the ball over his head and then volleyed it in from the edge of the box. Amazingly, the referee, Clive Thomas, stopped and applauded it. He's still a hero amongst Reading fans and probably would have gone on to play for England had he not been a complete nutjob.

The book's written in a kind of diary style with match reports mixed with words from his family, team-mates, managers, etc. Really good read with some brilliant anecdotes. I rattled through it in a couple of days.

It's written by Paolo Hewitt and Paul McGuigan. McGuigan was the bassist in Oasis when the book came out.

Hope the Mods dont see that post!

black like me by John howard griffen, autobiography of J H griffen using medication to darken his skin from white to dark brown whilst living in 1950s Mississippi and suffering a hell of a lot of racism, interesting read

7/10

black like me by John howard griffen, autobiography of J H griffen using medication to darken his skin from white to dark brown whilst living in 1950s Mississippi and suffering a hell of a lot of racism, interesting read

7/10

sounds like a good read. Might get that

Killing Floor by Lee Child.

First book by this guy, he's written about a dozen about a guy called Jack Reacher. An ex army cop who is of no fixed abode and drifts around "solving problems".

Really, really good. I'll be out tomorrow to get a couple more of his books, highly recommend it.

We Write To Inform You We Are To Be Killed With Our Families - Philip Gourevitch.

I have read it before but re-read it. A journalistic account of the Rwandan genocide, a horrifying book. To be honest, it leaves with little hope for humanity reading some parts of it.

Guest doonhamerexile

Hell's Angel - Ralph "sonny" Barger, 9/10 the life and times of sonny barger and the hells angel motorcycle club

great read, i highly reccomend it

That book is class - couldn't put it down.

Just finished reading Widows by Ed McBain.

so its shit then! ;)

LoL!

Each to their own, but I thought the other 2 were excellent too.

Although I thought Angels and Demons was the superior of the 2. By quite a bit.

Hell's Angel - Ralph "sonny" Barger, 9/10 the life and times of sonny barger and the hells angel motorcycle club

great read, i highly reccomend it

That book is class - couldn't put it down.

Just finished reading Widows by Ed McBain.

I've just bought Sonny barger's other book riding high, living free, hopefully its every bit as good as the other one

Edited by tonland