Last Book You Read....

H_B

Fair enough I thought but how about taking your own advice?! :unsure::rolleyes:

Cheers mucker. :rolleyes::P:lol:

:lol:

To be fair, that does happen at the very start, so you aren't learning much!

I like Michael Connolly's books for a good easy to read crime thriller. The Poet is an excellent one.

I'm reading this now. I'm about halfway through and it's really good, fairly easy to read again.

I found The Da Vinci Code enjoyable enough, although the plot was pretty lazy and predictable. I liked the stuff about religion and Da Vinci's work towards the start of the book, obviously there will be better sources (which DB no doubt ripped off) to learn about that, but in better hands it could have formed the basis of a much better story.

I will be avoiding the film largely as it has Tom Hanks in it, I would rather hammer nails into my eyes than sit through another of his movies :lol:

I'm reading this now. I'm about halfway through and it's really good, fairly easy to read again.

I found The Da Vinci Code enjoyable enough, although the plot was pretty lazy and predictable. I liked the stuff about religion and Da Vinci's work towards the start of the book, obviously there will be better sources (which DB no doubt ripped off) to learn about that, but in better hands it could have formed the basis of a much better story.

I will be avoiding the film largely as it has Tom Hanks in it, I would rather hammer nails into my eyes than sit through another of his movies :lol:

Dont read the follow up to The Poet - it is awful!

If you like Connolly's books I recommend Harlan Coben - I think you would like them.

I concur on Hanks. Only Nicholas Cage annoys me more.

I just think it was a really badly written book, so would generally agree that in better hands it would be more enjoyable. The short chapters with 'cliffhangers' at the end of every single one just irritated me. It struck me as a book for people with a short attention span.

With you on the Tom Hanks thing........

There is a follow up to the Poet you should read. Although I try not to read too many by the same author one after the other.

:lol::lol:

Its called The Narrows (I think).

I thought it was the weakest of the Bosch books. I'm not in general a fan of the whole "bringing back ex-villains" element of the genre though. It always smacks of publishers telling authors it would be a commercially good idea to reintroduce bad guys that people have already heard of.

I'm a big fan of John Grisham, and have read all but three of his books, namely Bleachers, Some Christmas Pish, and A Painted House.

The reason being all 3 are a step away from his norm, which is generally law based thrillers. However, I've had a Painted House for a while, and picked it up the other day. I must say it's excellent. Tough to put down.

Nothing like his usual book, for a start it's told in the 1st person. There are also rumours it's loosely based on his own childhood.

Should finish it in the next couple of nights. Really good.

Before that, I read his book, "The Broker". That was fuckin brilliant. Stayed up until 4am one night last week to finish it. Was like a half shut knife at work the next day :lol:

Before that, I read his book, "The Broker". That was fuckin brilliant. Stayed up until 4am one night last week to finish it. Was like a half shut knife at work the next day :lol:

I don't read John Grisham, but I read that one and I was stunned at how little actually happens in it. It was, well, boring, in my opinion. I kept waiting for the action to happen..and it didn't.

My cousin is an author, amongst many different roles she has, and if I was to mention her name everyone of a certain age would know her, but I find it easy to be subjective about her work compared to the person she is.

The reason I mention this is that Boiling A Frog is the first CB book I have bought (heh, and even then it was only because it was on cheap at Fopp) but I would have no problem in saying to him I didn't like it.

C*nt. ;)

(Actually, it's my own least favourite. But the new one is the berries. :rolleyes: )

C*nt. ;)

(Actually, it's my own least favourite. But the new one is the berries. :rolleyes: )

New one?!? :o What's it called - when's it out, or are you still calling All Fun And Games your new one. If you are, then stop smooching with Nigel Rees and his Quote, Unquote pish and start working! :P:ph34r::lol:

New one?!? :o What's it called - when's it out, or are you still calling All Fun And Games your new one. If you are, then stop smooching with Nigel Rees and his Quote, Unquote pish and start working! :P:ph34r::lol:

Dreadful slur on my productivity. :o Details of the new one here: Get your money out

And I'm about a quarter of the way through the one after that. In between posts, obviously. ;)

Haw you! What's with the change of cover styles? I'm boycotting your fine fare (£10, brown paper bag, usual place - cheers) until you get the multicoloured affairs back :angry:

Any P&Bers followed Javier Artero into your new ones? :P

Oh, Boiling a Frog is sat next to my bed at the moment. I must be reading it again. Bollocks :(

Edited by Peterhead Dave

Auschwitz by Lawrence Rees.

It's fantastic but horrific. They should teach that shit in schools.

Agree about the covers on your books Chris! I bought the above-maligned Boiling a Frog and was gutted it was a black jobbie with big old orange frog on the front. More gutted when I saw a nice normal version (Bold Lettering, multiple colouts) in the shops about a year after I read it.

George Lucas style tampering to keep you in pies at the football? :P

Dreadful slur on my productivity. :o Details of the new one here: Get your money out

And I'm about a quarter of the way through the one after that. In between posts, obviously. ;)

:thumsup2 Excellent news. I shall camp outside Waterstone's in Braehead this instant! :D

Nigel Rees is still pish, though! How much do you get for being on the panel and is it worth it?! :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

Edit: I should add that your contributions do raise it above the level of Radio 4 mediocrity......(smarm, smarm... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Kilt

:thumsup2 Excellent news. I shall camp outside Waterstone's in Braehead this instant! :D

Nigel Rees is still pish, though! How much do you get for being on the panel and is it worth it?! :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

Edit: I should add that your contributions do raise it above the level of Radio 4 mediocrity......(smarm, smarm... :rolleyes: )

photo-1053.jpg

Fan Boy

post-1702-1145531786_thumb.jpg

Kilt

:rolleyes::P:lol::lol::lol: