Lost Junior Grounds

peasy23

Is springfield park off dalmarnock road , on springfield road ?

New Springfield Park is at the bottom of Silverdale Street off London Road, about 100 yards or so east of the junction of London Road and Springfield Road.

New Springfield Park is at the bottom of Silverdale Street off London Road, about 100 yards or so east of the junction of London Road and Springfield Road.

Think i know where you mean now ... this picture mentions petershill park , where is it in picture ? is this referring to a football park ( which i can't see ) or a public park at the time .

SPW040293.jpg

Edited by RobRoyGuy

Taken from Britain from Above

SAW045959.jpg

Centre left is New Springfield Park, home of Strathclyde Juniors.

Top Centre is Helenslea Park, home of Parkhead Juniors and facing that on the other side of London Road is New Barrowfield Park, home to Bridgeton Waverley.

? is the celtic supporters club in that photo.just asking to get bearings right.working on the site of old hospital close to club

One from august 1934 Kilbowie street Bottom right is a football pitch next to singer sewing machine factory , would this be Clydebank Juniors ground / pitch ???

1934-35 season Clydebank juniors actually won the monster 26 team central junior league with the likes of duntocher hibernian , morton juniors , bridgeton waverley ,shawfield , and a few more established names like petershill rob roy , pollok also in the league.

SPW045860.jpg

Edited by RobRoyGuy

? is the celtic supporters club in that photo.just asking to get bearings right.working on the site of old hospital close to club

What's the name of the old hospital do you know ? Was it the old eastern district hospital near duke street ? Thats fairly near celtic supporters club.

Think i know where you mean now ... this picture mentions petershill park , where is it in picture ? is this referring to a football park ( which i can't see ) or a public park at the time .

SPW040293.jpg

The new ground sits bang in the middle of the picture, the old ground just a bit to the left.

One from august 1934 Kilbowie street Bottom right is a football pitch next to singer sewing machine factory , would this be Clydebank Juniors ground / pitch ???

1934-35 season Clydebank juniors actually won the monster 26 team central junior league with the likes of duntocher hibernian , morton juniors , bridgeton waverley ,shawfield , and a few more established names like petershill rob roy , pollok also in the league.

SPW045860.jpg

I think it's Kilbowie Park ie Old Kilbowie Park. That's quite scary RRG - we independently sought that picture out and posted it on 2 different websites ( I posted it on our forum ) ... within bout 30 mins of each other ... :ph34r:

I think it's Kilbowie Park ie Old Kilbowie Park. That's quite scary RRG - we independently sought that picture out and posted it on 2 different websites ( I posted it on our forum ) ... within bout 30 mins of each other ... :ph34r:

Great mind's think alike . As i posted that picture was from august 1934 at the end of 34-35 season clydebank won a 26 team central league . If you zoom in on it you can see some kind of building on the top left of the ground . Pitch looks like its on a bit of a slope to rolleyes.gif

Great mind's think alike . As i posted that picture was from august 1934 at the end of 34-35 season clydebank won a 26 team central league . If you zoom in on it you can see some kind of building on the top left of the ground . Pitch looks like its on a bit of a slope to rolleyes.gif

I registered to zoom in - looks like a lovely tidy wee park ... would settle for that at the mo ... ( no offence to our friends at Yoker )

I registered to zoom in - looks like a lovely tidy wee park ... would settle for that at the mo ... ( no offence to our friends at Yoker )

To be fair it did look a nice tidy wee park . Not sure what your crowds would of been back then but didn't look like much in the way off cover for spectators. According to the record yous won the league and central cup that season 34-35.

Not a lost junior ground but ....Cambuslang rangers ground here on somervell street .you can make out the wee clubhouse top right.

clyde in backround , hoover factory behind it , this is from 1949

SAW022912.jpg

Edited by RobRoyGuy

Clydeholm Park - One of the original Clydebank juniors' grounds. 3 tower blocks and a farmfoods stand here now.

Not sure if the Juniors played there Yah Yah .... the senior team from the 20s / 30s played there ... 20000 capacity - about 200 yards from Holm Park :o

The new ground sits bang in the middle of the picture, the old ground just a bit to the left.

That would be the old North British Loco Works in the foreground.

The buiding to the right, with the quadrangle, is the former Flemington St College - now part of the new North Glasgow College? Railway apprentices served part of their 'time' there.