Christening Gifts

My neice is getting christened next month and im struggling to think what to get her.

I want something unique, not the usual shite that you get (usually the same idea as 3 other people!) but nothing with a cross etc as i am not religious

Any ideas?

a star named after her.

My wife got that for our wee lassie for her First Communion. we also got her a nice silver cross that she can keep as a reminder to a pointless,outdated and irrelevant religiously enforced tradition that her mother and father made her take part in just because "that's what you do".

My wife got that for our wee lassie for her First Communion. we also got her a nice silver cross that she can keep as a reminder to a pointless,outdated and irrelevant religiously enforced tradition that her mother and father made her take part in just because "that's what you do".

I like how that's your 666th post.

So why did you have her Christened, then, Friedrich? That's NOT what everyone does.

In any case: why is a gift necessary, or even appropriate, at what is supposed to be a spiritual event?

So why did you have her Christened, then, Friedrich? That's NOT what everyone does.

In any case: why is a gift necessary, or even appropriate, at what is supposed to be a spiritual event?

i never said that's what everyone does, i was talking about her first communion not her baptism (not that this matters much for what i was trying to get across) i was pointing out that when she asked us why she was doing it we couldn't come up with anything more than "that's just what you do". i am aware that not everyone in the world does it

the gift?, i don't know to be honest, it is just what you do i supposewink.gif

Archived