Evil Neighbours Thread

The old woman next door to me has been house-bound ever since I moved in. SHe was quiet and her home help and family visited every day. Now she's broon breid and they're clearing the house. The wife is worried about who'll move in. I'm hoping for lesbian bikini models.

I rented out my old flat to a Chinese couple who were lovely when they came to look at it. Had just had a new born baby and the guy was at Uni in Edinburgh. Didn't think anything of it and let them move in. Got a phone call from my old neighbour one day saying their was a really bad smell coming from the flat and if I knew anything about it. My first thought was they were growing weed or something so phoned them up to say I was coming round to drop new fire blankets off. In a two bedroom flat they had moved 12 people in ( family members visiting they said) both bedrooms and the living room had mattresses all over the floors and all the furniture had been taking out. Of the people that were there when I went round 3 kids all under 5 yo and a few elders. The place was horrible, I was shocked at how quickly my flat had been turned into what can only be described as a rubbish dump mixed with a meat market. Gave them their marching orders straight away and although I felt guilty because of the kids their was no way I was letting them stay there any longer. They did a moonlight flip that night and left me with nearly 2 grands worth of repairs and cleaning.

Hoovering from 11pm till 2am.

For the love of God make it stop!

f**k them going to record it all and get the council involved.

After more than a year, you're going to start recording it all?!

You're a soft touch.

I would've said they were from 1 of 3 places with China 1 of them.

Standards are so low in some places

You would think moving into a nice flat they would look after it but it seems they don't give a shit. I dunno why they cram in there anyway for a extra 50pm they could easily get a 3bedroom flat.

You would think moving into a nice flat they would look after it but it seems they don't give a shit. I dunno why they cram in there anyway for a extra 50pm they could easily get a 3bedroom flat.

I think for me the worrying part is what did they leave behind that this is better?

After more than a year, you're going to start recording it all?!

You're a soft touch.

It's not constant though, there's two disabled people living together and one of them has bad spells due to pain and can't sleep.

Walks about out the back usually every night on the gravel stones and lets the dog out - who in turn goes hyper because it's not getting walked properly. So that's pretty much four out of five week nights I get woken up by this usually between 1-4AM but thankfully it only goes on for ten mins or so.

I have sympathy for the guy but there's a definite want about the pair of them that only I can hear and witness. For example if I put the washing on at maybe 4PM it wakes them up (or him up) as I hear them thumping then complaining. It is usually then followed by them banging about or making as much noise as possible usually twenty minutes after I start to go to sleep. I honestly believe they listen out for me in the bathroom brushing my teeth etc then time it to achieve the most annoyance. 9/10 times are like this.

A few times on a Sunday night I did this at ten but then sneaked back down the stairs and watched a bit of sportscene with the sound off. Three times out of four at twenty past-half past they started banging about.

I know it sounds mental but they are continuing some sort of feud that they had with the last neighbours. I had a big rammy about the shared fence and they told me that the fence was put there by the last neighbours when they were away without their say. To me this doesn't sound like normal behaviour between neighbours.

Is it true that if the Council are putting in recording equipment they have to tell the offenders first?

What the f**k is the point of that? The police wouldn't tip off a bank robber beforehand would they?!

Mental.

Is it true that if the Council are putting in recording equipment they have to tell the offenders first?

What the f**k is the point of that? The police wouldn't tip off a bank robber beforehand would they?!

Mental.

I guess this equipment will make them quieter if they know they're being recorded.

Its probably too late now because they've got your measure mate but when I was living in Edinburgh years ago I had problems with noisy neighbours. I went down the police/council route but eventually resolved it with a chap on the door and promises of a good fucking hiding. At least try the council and the police if its music etc. The more you ring the council the more 'evidence' you have. The no smoke without fire theory. I've not reread your posts on here but if theres nothing too contentious you can even point them to the thread for dates that things have happened. Have other neighbours got any issues with them ? It may be worth finding out as 'back up'. Fife council are generally pretty good on these things. If they are renting you can also get in touch with their landlord (landlord register) who is oblidged to make sure his tennants arent being a nuisance.

I had bother with an ex neighbour, i had a tenant staying in house who moved to a homeless shelter rather than stay next to the neighbour! i won't go into details on here but i can sympathise with anyone having neighbour problems. one thing i found was the council, while making all the right noises, were actually very little help.

Hoovering from 11pm till 2am.

For the love of God make it stop!

f**k them going to record it all and get the council involved.

How long has this been going on? Man up! Get round there and start screaming through the letterbox that if they don't shut the f**k up you'll fucking boot their c***s in. Give their front door a couple of healthy kicks while you're at it.

I think you should go to their door & STRONGLY ADVISE them to grow up...

If stewing for a while, followed by a sudden violent outburst, isn't your thing, then follow the advice above.

Or you could just call the Environmental Officers at the local council and wait for another couple of years while you keep a diary and the Officers occasionally try and record them making noise. on the plus side, if the officers do catch them making noise they will likely send a string of headed letters which won't be read. While you lose all your hair and 2 stone in weight and your w****r neighbours carry on as usual.