Evil Neighbours Thread

Like I said, if that is your title plan, the line doesn’t exactly follow your garage - there’s a very slight dog leg. But the boundary is parallel to the garage and looks roughly parallel with his house insofar as you can see it but definitely not to yours and yes it looks like your side of the driveway is bigger. Without seeing what he has actually taken it’s hard to say but it would be straightforward to ascertain where the bottom corner of the driveway should be with the plan and scale ruler and work back from there.

If you know the distance from 2 fixed points eg the corner of your house and the bottom left corner of you front garden (or ideally the corner of his house) it is easy to work out the point where the 2 should meet on the ground with a tape measure. I’d get someone qualified to look at it - don’t give him an inch because you’ll never get it back. If he is at it and proven to be you could demand your surveyors / legal fees off him if he was to dispute it, but it would be worth being fairly certain you are in the right before launching the nuclear option.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I believe that the deeds drawing shows that the boundary line comes out from the garage. Hes dug into the drive over this line. I've tried to park to the left to be courteous for years and already struggle to get bins past. Now hes going to park even closer so I'm worried I wont be able to get out of my car if he parks on the new boundary.
Hes just decided that its half and half but the deeds show a slight diagonal from my side. If anything I appear to own more of the driveway imo.
It seems petty but giving up a few inches will be the difference in being able to get bins out or shopping to the house etc.
It's all his way or nothing.
I think I will need to get a surveyor unless my lawyer has detailed plans.

4 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Like I said, if that is your title plan, the line doesn’t exactly follow your garage - there’s a very slight dog leg. But the boundary is parallel to the garage and looks roughly parallel with his house insofar as you can see it but definitely not to yours and yes it looks like your side of the driveway is bigger. Without seeing what he has actually taken it’s hard to say but it would be straightforward to ascertain where the bottom corner of the driveway should be with the plan and scale ruler and work back from there.

If you know the distance from 2 fixed points eg the corner of your house and the bottom left corner of you front garden (or ideally the corner of his house) it is easy to work out the point where the 2 should meet on the ground with a tape measure. I’d get someone qualified to look at it - don’t give him an inch because you’ll never get it back. If he is at it and proven to be you could demand your surveyors / legal fees off him if he was to dispute it, but it would be worth being fairly certain you are in the right before launching the nuclear option.

I thought killing the chickens was perhaps ott, but nukes...

2 hours ago, nsr said:

Set mishtergrolsch's neighbour's chickens on fire and throw them through his window. 

edit: I mean garage guy's window. Or Christmas decorations guy's window. Not mishtergrolsch's window. Unless he's done something to deserve it.

Remember they cause +1 poison damage too.

Thanks his history is being aggressive in terms of the driveway. Complained about me washing the car etc.

So I'm suspicious. He also mentioned he thought I was on holiday. Seems sneaky.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thanks his history is being aggressive in terms of the driveway. Complained about me washing the car etc.

So I'm suspicious. He also mentioned he thought I was on holiday. Seems sneaky.

:lol: Was the soapy water going on to his grun'?

[emoji38] Was the soapy water going on to his grun'?
Sons car got some clean water on it from the hose. Apparently he was just back from the car wash but his car had mud on the wheels and trims. I offered to clean it but was told no.
They're just petty.
Anyways I spoke to them and its sorted they will reinstate.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sons car got some clean water on it from the hose. Apparently he was just back from the car wash but his car had mud on the wheels and trims. I offered to clean it but was told no.
They're just petty.
Anyways I spoke to them and its sorted they will reinstate.

How disappointing - we're going to have to find something else to entertain us over the weekend...

Always make sure that your boundaries are clear when you buy or sell a house. About 40 years ago my old mum bought a large plot of land to build a house on. Included in the land buy was a separate house and a shop attached to the land at the top of the hill. My mum sold the house and shop to her sister, my aunt, who still lives there. Sale all went through without any problems and my mum had a house built on the rest of the land. When my mum died 20 years later, we sold her house, once again without any problems. 5 years later the new owners sold it again. The newest owners then went through the title deeds with much finer toothcomb than anybody else had in the past. It turned out that when my aunt bought her house there was a 30cm strip of land surrounding her property that still belonged to my mothers old property. f**k knows whose idea that was and why it was never picked up on before. The upshot was that my aunt had to pay 5 grand to the new neighbors to buy the strip of land so they could legally have access to their own house!

Sure I have heard before that the local council can keep a strip of land outside your property for some reason or other but have no idea how a private individual(my mum) can sell a house on their land and still retain the access rights to the property. 

20 minutes ago, supermik said:

Always make sure that your boundaries are clear when you buy or sell a house. About 40 years ago my old mum bought a large plot of land to build a house on. Included in the land buy was a separate house and a shop attached to the land at the top of the hill. My mum sold the house and shop to her sister, my aunt, who still lives there. Sale all went through without any problems and my mum had a house built on the rest of the land. When my mum died 20 years later, we sold her house, once again without any problems. 5 years later the new owners sold it again. The newest owners then went through the title deeds with much finer toothcomb than anybody else had in the past. It turned out that when my aunt bought her house there was a 30cm strip of land surrounding her property that still belonged to my mothers old property. f**k knows whose idea that was and why it was never picked up on before. The upshot was that my aunt had to pay 5 grand to the new neighbors to buy the strip of land so they could legally have access to their own house!

Sure I have heard before that the local council can keep a strip of land outside your property for some reason or other but have no idea how a private individual(my mum) can sell a house on their land and still retain the access rights to the property. 

Couldn't she just have jumped over it?

Some c**t (solicitor) thinking they were being clever. Google ‘ransom strip’.

45 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Why would someone who clearly had established 25+ years prescriptive right of access pay £5k for the privilege of exercising the rights they already held? There must be some other factor or your aunt was badly advised .

None of us knew anything about it but apparently it was all legally binding so my aunt had no real choice. The couple that had the claim were, in my opinion, a pair of pushy bullies. The land where my mum built her house was below a bridge and every so often the odd thing was thrown at it. We asked to build a fence on the side of the bridge but we were actually told that because the Forth road bridge did not have a fence then why should we! Within a couple of months of them moving in, the woman pulled strings with her "bestie" in the council and a massive fence was put in place gratis sans council. 

My neighbor is an arse, but nothing to the scale of what has been mentioned in here. I put a fence up to enclose my garden (I'm at the entrance to a cul-de-sac, so my garden backs on to his drive), he didn't want us to because it would "spoil" his view. He's an arrogant c**t who now just doesn't even acknowledge me if I pass him (I'll make a point to still cheerily say hello). He said he was going to complain to the council about the fence, but haven't heard anything on that.

19 minutes ago, supermik said:

None of us knew anything about it but apparently it was all legally binding so my aunt had no real choice. The couple that had the claim were, in my opinion, a pair of pushy bullies. The land where my mum built her house was below a bridge and every so often the odd thing was thrown at it. We asked to build a fence on the side of the bridge but we were actually told that because the Forth road bridge did not have a fence then why should we! Within a couple of months of them moving in, the woman pulled strings with her "bestie" in the council and a massive fence was put in place gratis sans council. 

That’s the problem, pushy arseholes tend to get away with that kind of thing unless challenged, when it often becomes apparent all they have is ignorance and unshakable self belief.  They usually back down when confronted with the actual law, but people often aren’t aware of such things unless it is their line of work or have people close to them in the know.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My neighbor is an arse, but nothing to the scale of what has been mentioned in here. I put a fence up to enclose my garden (I'm at the entrance to a cul-de-sac, so my garden backs on to his drive), he didn't want us to because it would "spoil" his view. He's an arrogant c**t who now just doesn't even acknowledge me if I pass him (I'll make a point to still cheerily say hello). He said he was going to complain to the council about the fence, but haven't heard anything on that.

If it is below 6 feet in height he can do nothing. Over 6 feet needs planning permission. 5’ 11 and 14/16 is fine.