Evil Neighbours Thread

42 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I don't think that's true. Anti - social behaviour needn't be criminal. You do need to report everything to the council though. Which will probably have the same result, 
However, he has implied a threat and that is a police matter. You either call his bluff or don't.

Had the police in for the threats in the past. Have those ones in messages and they were "too vague" to be actioned upon. What the noise team deem to be too loud differs from what normal people do as well. The guys we had in for that agreed it was too loud and basey but due to it not breeching x decibels on their device their hands were tied. Iv known of the guy for years and know it won't be a bluff unfortunately. Iv challenged the guy from the council about putting in recording equipment, he again said that only happens after the police have attended 20 times for complaints but he would "try and organise it with out that"

Unfortunately you seem to have a shite council. Mines was supportive and pressured the nutters, who had privately let the place, out. They also threatened the landlord with withdrawal of his licence, which I hope they still do.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Aye definitely seems that way. We thought we were lucky when we bought this house with it being end terraced so we would only have one neighbour. The couple that we bought it from had stayed here since the late 60s when it was built but lasted 8 months after them moving in before deciding to sell it aparantly. Lesson learned though, always look into the neighbours before buying!

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye definitely seems that way. We thought we were lucky when we bought this house with it being end terraced so we would only have one neighbour. The couple that we bought it from had stayed here since the late 60s when it was built but lasted 8 months after them moving in before deciding to sell it aparantly. Lesson learned though, always look into the neighbours before buying!

You just need to keep going, escalating to bosses whenever anyone doesn't meet the standard you expect. Learn the rules better than them and always keep calm dealing with council officials or coppers.

I had "informal" offers to help get rid, but I'm glad I did it by the book.

Trying to work with the council to get our neighbours moved at the moment. We own our house and they are council tenants. Was told to report everything to the police, which we did. Out of the blue got a call from her ex, who is her kids dad warning me that if I call the police again he would get involved. The blokes not someone I could personally take on. So it has left us in a bit of a predicament. Noise diary's are being kept but we've been told unless we report everything to the police the council won't do anything other than issue a warning. My 10 month old being woken and kept up at night due to the loud music and shouting is beyond a joke. That fed up with it all that I am thinking of moving now. That would mean that they've managed to run two family's out of this house though and my stubbornness doesn't want them to win again.

That’s pretty shit can sympathise with you. I know it’s easy to say on here but confront the guy? Might put him on backward step. I wouldn’t move for anyone. Is there no reasoning with this family at all?

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are you three men who think half past midnight is a good time to take a van's worth of furniture up to the third floor of a close?

A close? Good lord, no. How common. I'm moving into a house with stairs and everything. 

That’s pretty shit can sympathise with you. I know it’s easy to say on here but confront the guy? Might put him on backward step. I wouldn’t move for anyone. Is there no reasoning with this family at all?
I will end up in hospital if I confronted the guy. Her current partner doesn't hold the same threat, that's why she got her ex involved. Tried since we moved in to reason with them. Had my gate broken by the son, I was the only witness to it. Had to replace the rear windscreen of the car due to their trampoline flying through it but we don't have a leg to stand on with that one as its an act of god. Stones and balls pelted off the windows in the past and when I asked her nicely to stop the kids from doing it she told me to say to them, not her (kids are 10 and 6). Music blaring early in the morning but goes off once we are "at work" (I'm currently off to look after my daughter) then from 7 onwards starts blaring despite asking them to keep it down beyond 7.30 as that's generally when my daughter goes to bed. Tends to go on till 11/12 most nights.

Chears for the advice sergeant Wilson.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are you three men who think half past midnight is a good time to take a van's worth of furniture up to the third floor of a close?

This takes me back.

Used to live in a close up the top and for about 2 years nobody lived across the landing from us.

That all changed and boy how.

We had a dog and she seemed to have the best hearing ever. 1 night we were in bed and every 10mins the dog is up barking. It's bloody 2AM and she won't quiet down for long.

Turns out our new neighbours are doing a moonlight flit into the building. That's 1 landlord who's no doubt owed a few quid unpaid rent.

As me and the the Mrs left for work at 7.20 she was still moving her stuff in. That is for a sleepless night ya daft boot and welcome to the building.

Over the months we got to meet her boyfriend and he was as expected a bellend too. Doesn't really talk to us and things deteriorated when we came out 1 morning to find his girlfriend had locked him out and he slept in the close.

Suddenly he got a dog and decided that because we had a dog that he is gonnae be nice to us now.

They soon moved on and the landlord sold the flat to a foxy lawyer who was a big shag.

I will end up in hospital if I confronted the guy. Her current partner doesn't hold the same threat, that's why she got her ex involved. Tried since we moved in to reason with them. Had my gate broken by the son, I was the only witness to it. Had to replace the rear windscreen of the car due to their trampoline flying through it but we don't have a leg to stand on with that one as its an act of god. Stones and balls pelted off the windows in the past and when I asked her nicely to stop the kids from doing it she told me to say to them, not her (kids are 10 and 6). Music blaring early in the morning but goes off once we are "at work" (I'm currently off to look after my daughter) then from 7 onwards starts blaring despite asking them to keep it down beyond 7.30 as that's generally when my daughter goes to bed. Tends to go on till 11/12 most nights.

Chears for the advice sergeant Wilson.

Ffs they sound right belters. Hope all goes well for you. Nothing worse than minky neighbours

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

This takes me back.

Used to live in a close up the top and for about 2 years nobody lived across the landing from us.

That all changed and boy how.

We had a dog and she seemed to have the best hearing ever. 1 night we were in bed and every 10mins the dog is up barking. It's bloody 2AM and she won't quiet down for long.

Turns out our new neighbours are doing a moonlight flit into the building. That's 1 landlord who's no doubt owed a few quid unpaid rent.

As me and the the Mrs left for work at 7.20 she was still moving her stuff in. That is for a sleepless night ya daft boot and welcome to the building.

Over the months we got to meet her boyfriend and he was as expected a bellend too. Doesn't really talk to us and things deteriorated when we came out 1 morning to find his girlfriend had locked him out and he slept in the close.

Suddenly he got a dog and decided that because we had a dog that he is gonnae be nice to us now.

They soon moved on and the landlord sold the flat to a foxy lawyer who was a big shag.

Would you expand on this a wee bit, please?

It's a real fear of mine to end up in one of these situations.  I live with my partner and our son in a semi-detached ex council house, moved in about 4 months ago.  Our neighbours are great, the couple have been in place for years and have a daughter at uni, and a disabled son who both live with them - but you can hear quite a lot from next door, and while I don't mind it just now because they're a quiet bunch, I hate to think what it would be like if they were to move on and somebody noisier was to move in.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

It's a real fear of mine to end up in one of these situations.  I live with my partner and our son in a semi-detached ex council house, moved in about 4 months ago.  Our neighbours are great, the couple have been in place for years and have a daughter at uni, and a disabled son who both live with them - but you can hear quite a lot from next door, and while I don't mind it just now because they're a quiet bunch, I hate to think what it would be like if they were to move on and somebody noisier was to move in.

Aye, I fear it too. There's 6 of us in this close and all of them are lovely people (all of us have bought our house too, no renters), we get on well and I've only ever had one point of contention with the lady upstairs (when one of her pipes burst and she was less than quick in getting it sorted, resulting in me spending 6 months out of my house) but aside from that everyone has been helpful about repairs and generally not been a problem at all.  The lady upstairs has been doing a power of work her flat and she's just this week put it up for sale - I'm worried that a landlord will see her flat as an ideal place to buy and rent out given it needs no work done and I'm shit scared we get some maniac in.

The walls/floors in my current flat are much thinner than anywhere I’ve lived previously. The people above have a dog and at utterly bizarre times decide to run about with it in the room directly above our bedroom.

It’s a bit annoying but nothing compared to the stuff in here, which like The Moonster absolutely terrifies me, particularly for when I’ll be looking to buy rather than rent.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The walls/floors in my current flat are much thinner than anywhere I’ve lived previously. The people above have a dog and at utterly bizarre times decide to run about with it in the room directly above our bedroom.

It’s a bit annoying but nothing compared to the stuff in here, which like The Moonster absolutely terrifies me, particularly for when I’ll be looking to buy rather than rent.

Concrete floors, walls and ceilings are your friend. Get a flat in an executive style Grenfell tower block.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Concrete floors, walls and ceilings are your friend. Get a flat in an executive style Grenfell tower block.

Had that when living in London. Good for the reasons above (and utterly glorious facilities), but a little bit soulless for me.

Also ragingly expensive.