Evil Neighbours Thread

I have the worst neighbours in the world.

I had only been in the flat two weeks when my parents came down to check I was settling in. It was Ryder Cup weekend and both myself and my dad are golf fans. I keep the TV @ 15% volume but had it up to 20 on the Sunday. Europes comeback prompted mild celebration (a few "Yasss" shouts and 15-20seconds of laughing). Got a letter through the next morning from the building "committee" telling me that myself and 65year old dad had been "up all night, banging on doors and running down corridors". I laughed, binned the letter and moved on.

A few weeks later Scotland were playing Wales in Cardiff and I was going to the pub to watch it. I had a few beers before going out and at 6pm stuck on some tunes for an hour. At 6.15 they banged my door screaming and nearly crying at the "noise" I was making. The male half of the couple attempted to go for me but couldn't lift his arms over his bubbling tears.

I diagnosed them as having severe mental health issues, but apparently they are both GPs.

Since them I've had my dads car tyres slashed, my door wrote on, countless letters, the police searching my flat for drugs, and constant banging on my walls.

Jim, can you fix it for me to have these two fools spontaneously combust?

That is shit, what a couple of absolute wankers.

My neighbours are all pretty sound, don't know everyone in the close cause 2 of them changed occupants recently, but never hear any noise (apart from the old boy next door who gets his mates round on a Sunday and they play cool jazz tunes on their instruments which I neither mind nor can hear in my living room where I tend to be when it happens) and never had any complaints if I've ever had mates round. One of them is a young hippy looking Aussie guy who is always out in the gardenchilling with a beer when it is sunny, he keeps asking me to join him for a cold one if I got out to hang washing or whatever but I've always palmed him off cause each time I've been watching football or something.

I'll set their house on fire with them in it if you want?

I've always wanted to kill someone. It's number 1 on my to do list.

Seriously.

Given who you work for you've probably contributed to a number of deaths already.

My neighbour on one side is not right in the head.

He's a single 30 year old male who doesn't like sport of any kind and is utterly addicted to D.I.Y. Every project he embarks upon means weeks of hammering, banging and needless noise. At the moment he's replacing his bathroom (that he put in himself, brand new, less than three years ago) and the hammering starts before nine in the morning and goes on until about half ten at night. He's dumped his three year old bathroom that he's just ripped out on the front lawn as well. He's a fucking imbecile.

Is he unkempt? Does he ride a motorised scooter? Does he always have headphones on? Does he hang around with a black friend?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to ask them what it was about, they went into a long rant about the last neighbours and how they put up the fence without asking them. They also confirmed that they had lots of problems with them over silly stuff like the rhones and front garden.

It's a really shitty thing to continue to vent their supposed anger onto a new neighbour like this.

To be fair the last tennants were a bit strange and seemed to have disappeared as I got warning letters about debt and car tax etc.

Is it no illegal to sell someone a house without informing them about disputes?

Anyway main thing is they seemed to have calmed down a bit over the whole situation but I'm not happy over the way they tried to ruin the fence and my garden because of their pathetic vandetta.

If someone built a brand new fence in my garden for free I would be delighted.

Edited by DAFC

Have a similar thing where I am now too. When we first moved in last June the boy downstairs came to introduce himself and even had us in his one night for dinner to meet his fiance (shes 25 and hes 50) and to begin with they were the friendliest people you could ever meet. It started to turn a bit strange when he told us all about the previous tenants and how on occasions he had to threaten them to keep the noise down. Since then he switches between either being the nicest guy you'll ever meet or an absolute mentalist. He forgot his keys to the security door one night and when my mate went down to let him in he tried to leather him. He's also accused us of being drug dealers a good few times and has used his keys to come inside our flat without permission on more than one occasion now. Not much we can really do about it because all the guys mates are psychos in some biker gang and they'd have us if it came to blows.

Lease is up next month, just planning on moving out which is a shame because the flat itself is lovely and its in a really nice area just off byres road.

Have a similar thing where I am now too. When we first moved in last June the boy downstairs came to introduce himself and even had us in his one night for dinner to meet his fiance (shes 25 and hes 50) and to begin with they were the friendliest people you could ever meet. It started to turn a bit strange when he told us all about the previous tenants and how on occasions he had to threaten them to keep the noise down. Since then he switches between either being the nicest guy you'll ever meet or an absolute mentalist. He forgot his keys to the security door one night and when my mate went down to let him in he tried to leather him. He's also accused us of being drug dealers a good few times and has used his keys to come inside our flat without permission on more than one occasion now. Not much we can really do about it because all the guys mates are psychos in some biker gang and they'd have us if it came to blows.

Lease is up next month, just planning on moving out which is a shame because the flat itself is lovely and its in a really nice area just off byres road.

Oh dear god, me and my mates have been looking at flats available in that area and in the next couple of months. Hopefully don't end up here.

In my first flat had two mental neighbours. One was a ned who used to party with forty of his mates every Wednesday at 3am,all doing the bouncy. They used to square off in the close, smash windows, the ned once punched me (fuckin feebly may I add) and he even got arrested for answering the door to the police as he had a machete in hand.

Other neighbour was fine until summer. Would get drunk in the garden on hot days, be generally creepy when you tried to make conversation and once you returned to your flat would try bash your door down just to talk.

Oh and the downstairs neighbour had an absolute c**t of a terrier that always tried to bite you. Ahhhh Paisley.

Ive been quite fortunate not to have any nightmare neighbours like DAFC has been suffering from, and honestly mate, they sound like utter c***s. Ive got annoying neighbours, but they arent that bad.

One of my neighbours, a woman who is just a bit of a c**t in every way, has her kids occasionally visit. She used to get them to buzz our door to get in rather than bother her, used to be a minor pain until her friends started picking up this habit too. Now she used to claim that she needed them to buzz our door as she couldnt hear her buzzer. Which i know is alot of shite. I was getting pretty fucked off about it, but the tipping point came when one of her pals buzzed to get in and completely blanked me on the way to her door, no thank you, not even a look. So i pulled her up about it and told her no more, if anyone tried my door again i would simply ignore it and it all stopped.

• 5 months later...

My neighbours are fucking stinking. We have a fire door and a small landing and outside their door they leave stinking shoes. There is 4 adults and 2 kids in a small 2bedroom flat. The baby screams for hours on end everynight after midnight and a few weeks back the woman locked the toddler out the house for about 25mins because he was screaming my girlfriend had to go knock on her door because it was fucking annoying. They are smelly c***s