Evil Neighbours Thread

Stopped taking parcels for a neighbour a couple of months ago. I live next to a couple in their 50’s who are nice enough.
But there’s three daughters who are prolific online shoppers who seem to move in and move out on a fairly regular basis, but keep their parents address as the delivery address.
Which would be fine if their parents were ever in during the day, but they aren’t.
It was getting to the stage during lockdown where I was taking in about five parcels a day while working from home. The sheepish dad would then come round in the evening to collect the days swag.
Got sick of that fairly quickly and now just give a ‘sorry don’t take parcels for them’ whenever i get one. Seem to be getting less rings now as well, the delivery guys must be learning.
Who knows who’s getting them now, but it’s never been mentioned during the occasional chats i have with them about the weather or the nights fair drawing in.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

9pm is a ridiculous time to be cutting grass if using noisy electronic or petrol mowers but maybe that is normal for certain areas so there has to be some flexibility. You cannot make having good manners the law. 

I have a push mower so can mow night and day without upsetting anyone. Everyone should be like me eh 😇

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Stopped taking parcels for a neighbour a couple of months ago. I live next to a couple in their 50’s who are nice enough.
But there’s three daughters who are prolific online shoppers who seem to move in and move out on a fairly regular basis, but keep their parents address as the delivery address.
Which would be fine if their parents were ever in during the day, but they aren’t.
It was getting to the stage during lockdown where I was taking in about five parcels a day while working from home. The sheepish dad would then come round in the evening to collect the days swag.
Got sick of that fairly quickly and now just give a ‘sorry don’t take parcels for them’ whenever i get one. Seem to be getting less rings now as well, the delivery guys must be learning.
Who knows who’s getting them now, but it’s never been mentioned during the occasional chats i have with them about the weather or the nights fair drawing in.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The real issue here is...are they Wids? 

I suspect that if they were stunners, you would still be taking the parcels. 

8am-8pm is the correct answer for perfectly acceptable grass cutting hours. Anything before is general oftw behavior but anything after is a bit cuntish toward neighbours who do have kids. A good solid 12 hour period where there should be zero recourse or annoyance, bar the odd night shift type.

7 hours ago, Lex said:

They want one of these. 

spb-m-grey-02.jpg

link

Bit pricey but it can't be that hard to knock together a wooden one.

Edited by welshbairn

16 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 26/08/2021 at 23:11, V.Aye.R said:
People will focus on the young guy who has a mad one and goes too far a couple of times a year (maybe the above is a bad example)

.... But overlook the cvnt who never says hello, parks like a knöb and cuts the grass at 20:30 when weans are sleeping.

There's a guy over the way who will go out his way not to say morning etc. Absolutely nae need for it. Best of luck when a courier trys to leave a parcel with me.

Cutting the grass at half eight is hardly outrageous behaviour.

Don't get them started mate. Someone will be around to call you a Tory no doubt now.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

10 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

9pm is a ridiculous time to be cutting grass if using noisy electronic or petrol mowers but maybe that is normal for certain areas so there has to be some flexibility. You cannot make having good manners the law. 

10am - 8pm is my acceptable times.