Evil Neighbours Thread

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I think you should get your young lad a drum kit tbh emoji23.png

With absolutely no semblence of a lesson plan either, just call it jazz. That said a bass guitar might be better, less noise in Adams house but all the vibration etc. 

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I refer to my earlier point of accusing him of being a nonce, set up a fake Facebook profile and post on the local Facebook group. He'll either be hounded out or dead by the end of the weekend. You could also accuse him of being a dognapper just  to add fuel to the fire 

And also hide his own dog shagging/eating guilt. This might work. 

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Make sure you have your with you at all times and if you come into contact with him or are likely to then ensure the voice memo app is recording. 

there is another legal thing you can do, which is get lawyer to get an interim interdict. Cost is between £800 and £1000 but it would specify that he is not allowed to speak to or in anyway interfere with you or your family or any visitors to your property. If he breaks it, it’s contempt of court. He will not see that coming. 

the only drawback with that is that it’s then a legal “neighbour dispute” and would need to be disclosed if you tried to sell your house.

No where near the threshold for an interdict, would be laughed out of court. 
Genuinely believe that he probably did tell the wee boy he wasnt allowed in the garden as thats a bit of a strange one for the kid to make up and sounds like he’s shat it when confronted. 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

This is certainly my preferred method, I just can’t stand the thought of a pure dick living next to me.

My girlfriend went and spoke to him as I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle after a horrible day/week/month at work (shitebag etc…) and he claimed that he was only telling the boy to close the front gate, not to get off our side of the street. Could potentially believe that as he didn’t fly off the handle, but apparently went on a bit of a rant about people burgling his house before she moved in, it’s a lovely street, and he didn’t really trust anyone in his garden/shared part of the garden that he didn’t know.

I’m now at the point where I’m feeling anxious at what will happen each time my kids come to stay every other week. Prices have skyrocketed since it was bought, we’ve done a lot of work to it, could put it on the market and I reckon it would be gone within a week, but she loves it and really doesn’t want to sell. I just feel at the end of my tether.

It’s been OK I guess, nothing in comparison to what others have complained about or written about horrid neighbours on here, but I genuinely don’t understand how people can live next to horrible people for years and just get on with it.

She’ll come to your view in time. Unfortunately it might take a few more incidents. 

I was the one who didn’t want to give up on what we had built and walk away but I came to the view that I had to move for the sake of my wife and it was absolutely the right decision.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Can we rule out he's not a dog stealing child molester? Until we have proof my advice stands

By order of facebook law that makes him guilty as charged, get him lynched

If it’s Facebook rules then he would probably be safer if he was a child molester.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

With absolutely no semblence of a lesson plan either, just call it jazz. That said a bass guitar might be better, less noise in Adams house but all the vibration etc. 

And also hide his own dog shagging/eating guilt. This might work. 

No where near the threshold for an interdict, would be laughed out of court. 
Genuinely believe that he probably did tell the wee boy he wasnt allowed in the garden as thats a bit of a strange one for the kid to make up and sounds like he’s shat it when confronted. 

It’s heading that way. If you read back through the thread and there comes a point. Interdicts can be imposed without the other person getting a chance to object and they can then be challenged retrospectively. 

yes, the neighbour is lying about his interaction with the boy. And these people always have a sob story ready as a means of rationalising their behaviour. He’s already blamed the behaviour in his dog dying, now it’s because he’s “been burgled” and “no longer trusts”. 

you cannot trust a thing these people say. It is a personality disorder which is no defence in law.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

It’s heading that way. If you read back through the thread and there comes a point. Interdicts can be imposed without the other person getting a chance to object and they can then be challenged retrospectively. 

yes, the neighbour is lying about his interaction with the boy. And these people always have a sob story ready as a means of rationalising their behaviour. He’s already blamed the behaviour in his dog dying, now it’s because he’s “been burgled” and “no longer trusts”. 

you cannot trust a thing these people say. It is a personality disorder which is no defence in law.

Its no where near the level of behaviour required for an interdict or NHO. 

Not sure if it has been suggested yet. @Adam could buy a dog that looks as close as possible to the old boy's old dog. Then, give it the same name as the neighbour's dog. Start dressing like him. 

Start making him doubt his own kind. Voila, he checks in to a care home. Problem solved. 

Just how old is this boy?

He must be about mid 60s.

He was OK this weekend. I took my son’s goals down as I wanted to cut the big hedge when we got back from the supermarket on Saturday and he came out apologising when I got out of the car, asking if I was taking it down because of him. He had his young grandson over for a bit and my girlfriend was playing away with him for a bit whilst I worked in the garden.

I hope it is a momentary blip, but with my work announcing officially today that we will be remote 95%+ of the time, it may be the prefect time to look for a house with an extra bedroom to use as an office…

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

He must be about mid 60s.

He was OK this weekend. I took my son’s goals down as I wanted to cut the big hedge when we got back from the supermarket on Saturday and he came out apologising when I got out of the car, asking if I was taking it down because of him. He had his young grandson over for a bit and my girlfriend was playing away with him for a bit whilst I worked in the garden.

I hope it is a momentary blip, but with my work announcing officially today that we will be remote 95%+ of the time, it may be the prefect time to look for a house with an extra bedroom to use as an office…

Ooft! things you do to keep in with the neighbours!

Remote working 95% of the time. Congrats on that. You can maybe look into a garden office.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Not sure if it has been suggested yet. @Adam could buy a dog that looks as close as possible to the old boy's old dog. Then, give it the same name as the neighbour's dog. Start dressing like him. 

Start making him doubt his own kind. Voila, he checks in to a care home. Problem solved. 

It’s already been suggested but on reflection I’m not sure it’s a good idea.  We’re still not clear who shagged and/or ate the neighbours dog so we shouldn’t be putting temptation out there.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

It’s already been suggested but on reflection I’m not sure it’s a good idea.  We’re still not clear who shagged and/or ate the neighbours dog so we shouldn’t be putting temptation out there.

I firmly believe that a dog was shagged and ate and until evidence is delivered to the contrary (either photos of said dog date stamped and unshagged/eaten or a signed statement from the vet who performed the post mortem) then this will remain my position. 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I firmly believe that a dog was shagged and ate and until evidence is delivered to the contrary (either photos of said dog date stamped and unshagged/eaten or a signed statement from the vet who performed the post mortem) then this will remain my position. 

The OP claimed he didn’t shag or eat or kill the dog but I haven’t seen anyone deny the dog was shagged and eaten.  It’s only the perpetrator that’s in question.  I haven’t seen an alibi from the OP either so I reckon he isn’t in the clear.

I’m keeping my dogs indoors until the fucker is caught.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The OP claimed he didn’t shag or eat or kill the dog but I haven’t seen anyone deny the dog was shagged and eaten.  It’s only the perpetrator that’s in question.  I haven’t seen an alibi from the OP either so I reckon he isn’t in the clear.

I’m keeping my dogs indoors until the fucker is caught.

Maybe put them into a kennel. You've no proof that it wasn't you.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Maybe put them into a kennel. You've no proof that it wasn't you.

Principles Clarice.  We begin by coveting what we see every day.

Photographic evidence of my dogs being alive and un shagged are in the show us your dogs thread.  If it was me I’d obviously have started with them first.

Edited by Left Back

13 hours ago, Left Back said:

Principles Clarice.  We begin by coveting what we see every day.

Photographic evidence of my dogs being alive and un shagged are in the show us your dogs thread.  If it was me I’d obviously have started with them first.

Can you tell a shagged dog and an unshagged dog just from a picture?