Evil Neighbours Thread

On 26/06/2021 at 12:41, Adam said:

Definitely did not shag, eat or kill the dog.

You make an interesting point about dementia. His second grandchild was born in March, and recently, when talking to my girlfriend, asked his wife when his son’s wife was due. There has been another couple of things that do make you think that the early signs of dementia may be showing.

Anyway, update. He came to the door an hour ago when I was in the shower, but she said he came to apologise for the way he was yesterday and generally been recently, said it was 10 weeks ago yesterday that his dog died and he’s had a lot on his plate.

I went down and spoke to him, just said that he was bang out of order, and I understood how difficult it must be for him, but it’s been difficult for everyone recently and he shouldn’t be taking it out on a nine year old boy.

My neighbour the other side was out chatting to my gf and she had mentioned to her what had happened yesterday, and to previous neighbours. Apparently the last two neighbours have been forced to sell basically due to his antics in the past, they felt too threatened to say anything, which is pretty tragic in itself. I just hope he sticks to his word and it doesn’t escalate again, because I can’t be fucked with the hassle.

Well, at least the mystery of who ate the dug is solved.

Well, the peace and quiet was good whilst it lasted. He’s now apparently told my son that his friend isn’t even allowed on this side of the street, let alone in the garden. The wee guy is a bit of a scheme goblin, but he’s never really given me any reason to think that he’s a badly behaved child.

I’m dreading bumping into him again as I just cannot be fucked with the aggro. Told my gf that I’m getting right fucked off with it and that I want to just sell and buy a new house with a fully private garden, which has caused some tension between us.

Honestly feel myself getting ill at the thought of what barmy reason he’s going to come up with next to prevent my kids from playing in their garden.

14 minutes ago, Adam said:

Well, the peace and quiet was good whilst it lasted. He’s now apparently told my son that his friend isn’t even allowed on this side of the street, let alone in the garden. The wee guy is a bit of a scheme goblin, but he’s never really given me any reason to think that he’s a badly behaved child.

I’m dreading bumping into him again as I just cannot be fucked with the aggro. Told my gf that I’m getting right fucked off with it and that I want to just sell and buy a new house with a fully private garden, which has caused some tension between us.

Honestly feel myself getting ill at the thought of what barmy reason he’s going to come up with next to prevent my kids from playing in their garden.

Has anyone suggested kicking him in the pie yet mate?

Sounds shite tho pal, if he won't listen to reason then your idea of moving sounds like the best bet.

I think you should get your young lad a drum kit tbh [emoji23]

59 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is that his decision to make?

If he confronted your son, I would have words, that definitely isn't his place. I mind another father (total waster) in the old street we lived in told my son not to swear when he was at the park across from my house at the time. I was fuckin livid when the wee man came in to tell me that he had a telling off. I went straight round to his door and told him that if he had a problem with my kid, he comes to me in future, not to give my son a ticking off. Needless to say, he didn't approach him in the park again.

And yes, the bairn was told off by me for swearing!

I refer to my earlier point of accusing him of being a nonce, set up a fake Facebook profile and post on the local Facebook group. He'll either be hounded out or dead by the end of the weekend. You could also accuse him of being a dognapper just  to add fuel to the fire 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Make sure you have your with you at all times and if you come into contact with him or are likely to then ensure the voice memo app is recording. 

there is another legal thing you can do, which is get lawyer to get an interim interdict. Cost is between £800 and £1000 but it would specify that he is not allowed to speak to or in anyway interfere with you or your family or any visitors to your property. If he breaks it, it’s contempt of court. He will not see that coming. 

the only drawback with that is that it’s then a legal “neighbour dispute” and would need to be disclosed if you tried to sell your house.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Punt the house and walk away, only option IMO,  think this shite will escalate.

I refer to my earlier point of accusing him of being a nonce, set up a fake Facebook profile and post on the local Facebook group. He'll either be hounded out or dead by the end of the weekend. You could also accuse him of being a dognapper just  to add fuel to the fire 
Bit harsh the scheme mums will have a public lynching.

Punt the house and walk away, only option IMO,  think this shite will escalate.

This is certainly my preferred method, I just can’t stand the thought of a pure dick living next to me.

My girlfriend went and spoke to him as I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle after a horrible day/week/month at work (shitebag etc…) and he claimed that he was only telling the boy to close the front gate, not to get off our side of the street. Could potentially believe that as he didn’t fly off the handle, but apparently went on a bit of a rant about people burgling his house before she moved in, it’s a lovely street, and he didn’t really trust anyone in his garden/shared part of the garden that he didn’t know.

I’m now at the point where I’m feeling anxious at what will happen each time my kids come to stay every other week. Prices have skyrocketed since it was bought, we’ve done a lot of work to it, could put it on the market and I reckon it would be gone within a week, but she loves it and really doesn’t want to sell. I just feel at the end of my tether.

It’s been OK I guess, nothing in comparison to what others have complained about or written about horrid neighbours on here, but I genuinely don’t understand how people can live next to horrible people for years and just get on with it.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is certainly my preferred method, I just can’t stand the thought of a pure dick living next to me.

My girlfriend went and spoke to him as I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle after a horrible day/week/month at work (shitebag etc…) and he claimed that he was only telling the boy to close the front gate, not to get off our side of the street. Could potentially believe that as he didn’t fly off the handle, but apparently went on a bit of a rant about people burgling his house before she moved in, it’s a lovely street, and he didn’t really trust anyone in his garden/shared part of the garden that he didn’t know.

I’m now at the point where I’m feeling anxious at what will happen each time my kids come to stay every other week. Prices have skyrocketed since it was bought, we’ve done a lot of work to it, could put it on the market and I reckon it would be gone within a week, but she loves it and really doesn’t want to sell. I just feel at the end of my tether.

It’s been OK I guess, nothing in comparison to what others have complained about or written about horrid neighbours on here, but I genuinely don’t understand how people can live next to horrible people for years and just get on with it.

If your Mrs loves the house and wants to stay, then you've got two options IMO. either get a hold of the c**t and threaten him, or ignore him, and anything he says to the kids just laugh about it (although not easy, the second option is the preferred one.) at least he's not a moron blasting out shite music at three in the morning, but it's a shite state of affairs. All the best.

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Bit harsh the scheme mums will have a public lynching.

Can we rule out he's not a dog stealing child molester? Until we have proof my advice stands

If you and your partner like the house and the area, would I f**k let a twisted old bas like that hound me out.

The previous owner of my house was apparently similar, and a couple of folk had moved because of him. My neighbour had a few issues with him when he moved in, culminating in returning from a family funeral to find a note stuck to his door complaining about his dog having been barking while he was away.

Neighbour decided enough was enough, vaulted the fence and told him in no uncertain terms that any more pish, and he would be getting leathered. Within a year the house was up for sale, the old b*****d moved, and just when he thought his luck had changed, the poor bugger ended up with me as his neighbour instead !!

If it was some mad b*****d and there was the prospect of violence or confrontation my advice would be different,  but it sounds more like a cranky old dodger that needs firmly put in his box. Get him telt to stay the fk away from you and your family and make a point of having your laddies pals around,  there's hee haw he can do to stop you. If he doesn't listen, pie, boot, etc.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

We have been lucky with our neighbours,we now stay in a semi detached house and the folk next door a nice(even though the guy is an Everton fan)our last house had a couple of run in's with a guy but he always said sorry as he had a drink problem.In the 1st flat a had with my wife however it as a nightnare we were the only tenants in the block in 6 flats to pay rent and milked the system.

The young guy upstairs was just out of prison and played thump thump music day and night,my wife snapped one night and went up to see him,i followed her and he got lippy he stepped towards her so i just grabbed him by the next,he shat it and called me a bully but he learned after that night.