Evil Neighbours Thread

1 hour ago, Pato said:

That's very weird. Do you think he was worried you'd say no when offered to cut it for free?

I really don't know. It's strange - we're not strangers. We get on well. 

Thinking back, it might be related to the snow. I live at the end of a cul de sac and when the snow hit last month, I went out first thing and cleared the snow from the street (including past his house). When I was done, he came out with a big snow shovel and said something like "I was about to do that". Maybe he feels this is evening it up?

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I really don't know. It's strange - we're not strangers. We get on well. 

Thinking back, it might be related to the snow. I live at the end of a cul de sac and when the snow hit last month, I went out first thing and cleared the snow from the street (including past his house). When I was done, he came out with a big snow shovel and said something like "I was about to do that". Maybe he feels this is evening it up?

Did you dump all the snow in his garden? 

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

That's the thing - he did the whole thing. My side as well. Left the cuttings on my grass.

Ma Bam might have been talking pish (something not unknown) but she did tell me years ago that there was some law that you can cut branches overhanging your property from someone else's tree as long as you offer them back to the tree's owner. Your neighbour may have had this in mind regarding the cuttings.

Ma Bam might have been talking pish (something not unknown) but she did tell me years ago that there was some law that you can cut branches overhanging your property from someone else's tree as long as you offer them back to the tree's owner. Your neighbour may have had this in mind regarding the cuttings.
That is still the case(the cutting the overhanging branches bit) but mot sure about returning the cuttings. As long as you don't enter the other person's property and the tree does not have a protection order on it.

15 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'm happy to leave it and tell myself he saved me a job. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who thought it strange.

In my old place, our neighbour's mother used to mow our lawn when she was visiting to do theirs.  The two lawns were connected so I suppose she didn't want it to look untidy.  Unfortunately, the back garden had a wall separating the two gardens so that was down to me to do.  After a year, we lifted the grass and put down stones so no more mowing for me.  

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:
8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That is still the case(the cutting the overhanging branches bit) but mot sure about returning the cuttings. As long as you don't enter the other person's property and the tree does not have a protection order on it.

We looked it up as we have this issue, and the done thing is to ask them if they want the branches. Their tree which is 75% in their garden stops our garden from getting much sun at all after about 3pm in the summer. 

Thankfully, the neighbours were extremely sound and told us just to lop a f**k load off it, even the bits at their side, as they were concerned about how much it was blocking our sun. 

They did look a bit bemused whne we asked uif they wanted the branches. I wonder if its a legal hangover from the days when people would usually have fires in their houses. 

Good guys nonetheless 👍 

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

We looked it up as we have this issue, and the done thing is to ask them if they want the branches. Their tree which is 75% in their garden stops our garden from getting much sun at all after about 3pm in the summer. 

Thankfully, the neighbours were extremely sound and told us just to lop a f**k load off it, even the bits at their side, as they were concerned about how much it was blocking our sun. 

They did look a bit bemused whne we asked uif they wanted the branches. I wonder if its a legal hangover from the days when people would usually have fires in their houses. 

Good guys nonetheless 👍 

I think I would be utterly baffled if my neighbour asked me if I wanted to keep the branches 😂

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

Good guys nonetheless 👍 

I think its because as its their tree, any prunings are technically their property too. 

Don't know if you'd get done for stealing if you dumped the stuff yourself but theres probably been a court case where someone's butchered a neighbours tree, dumped the evidence and the vengeful neighbours has tried to sue them for stealing. Or something stupid like that.

There's been loads of thefts of parcels and push bikes from our block of flats. The management company doesn't seem to be doing much about it. I had my motorbike cover stolen yesterday, it cost about £15 new and is now old and covered in oil, so I made my first post in the residents' group on facebook complaining. It's a very civilized place where people get thanked for tidying up the bin store and the like, so I knew mine was a little off colour. I've woken up this morning to a facebook message request:

Hi Margaret Thatcher 👋 I'm sorry that your motorbike cover has been stolen. I do feel your pain (and anger) but it would be great if you could remove the  word 'c***s' word from your post - horrible word which many people find offensive. Many thanks - Linda (Admin)

What a c**t.

4 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

There's been loads of thefts of parcels and push bikes from our block of flats. The management company doesn't seem to be doing much about it. I had my motorbike cover stolen yesterday, it cost about £15 new and is now old and covered in oil, so I made my first post in the residents' group on facebook complaining. It's a very civilized place where people get thanked for tidying up the bin store and the like, so I knew mine was a little off colour. I've woken up this morning to a facebook message request:

What a c**t.

Edit the post to say "fucking c***s"

15 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

What a c**t.

Is Linda a wid?

On 22/03/2021 at 18:37, scottsdad said:

There is a hedge that separated my back garden from my neighbour's. It has grown a wee bit wild over the winter. On Saturday I saw my neighbour in my garden trimming it with hedge clippers. Don't get me wrong, I would have done it myself probably this week. And he has done a good job. But a heads up was surely called for.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lawyer-faces-50-000-bill-after-losing-court-battle-over-hedge-c9w7cnvw8

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

What a c**t.

Reply with "it would also be great if the thieving little c**t hadn't stolen my motorbike cover but life is full of things you don't like, Linda. Deal with it.

You c**t."

Middle aged cow at the top of the cul de sac lets her dog use the residential parking area as a toilet cos she's too lazy to walk the fucker. Poor dug is always hyper anytime it's out the house.

There's either shite everywhere or a wee row of bagged turds sat on top of random fences, dependant on the level of her cuntishness that week. 

She also leaves her washing out overnight regularly. 

Scum.

1 minute ago, Pepper said:

Middle aged cow at the top of the cul de sac lets her dog use the residential parking area as a toilet cos she's too lazy to walk the fucker. Poor dug is always hyper anytime it's out the house.

There's either shite everywhere or a wee row of bagged turds sat on top of random fences, dependant on the level of her cuntishness that week. 

Scum.

Need I say more?

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Scum.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Need I say more?

Why dont you go along and sort her out?

Youve got previous for throwing shite around.