Evil Neighbours Thread

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Pretty mild compared to some on here, but the fat alky boot and her husband over the back of us like a shouty evening with their kitchen door open and music blasting out. Don't generally give a f**k, even when they're in the hot tub singing and shouting, but late on Christmas eve, while we were trying to get our extremely excited boys to sleep, these muppets thought they'd swing open the kitchen door at 10pm and get the music blasting. They were obviously completely leathered (not to mention they have two primary aged kids in there themselves.)

Anyway, before we could do anything, our wouldn't say boo to a goose neighbour actually went up the back fence to have a word, basically come on to f**k guys you're playing music straight into our 6 year old's window and she's already hyper excited about santa - he still had the presents to out out etc and it's best to wait until the kids are asleep for obvious reasons. 

They quietened down, so fair enough, thanks for taking the hint guys. 

Fast forward to hogmanay and our neighbour in the other side (ex-army) texted my wife to say they were going to let a few fireworks off at about 7:30pm, as long as we didn't mind, and if our boys wanted to go out to see them. 

As soon as he started letting them off, the fat boot over the back started screaming TURN THAT DOWN and playing Katy Perry Fireworks on repeat with the volume up full until he went back inside. 

Can only assume this is the opening salvo in what's going to be a long term war over the back fence for the next year or so. What a pair of childish, selfish, thoughtless arseholes they are. Fucking pished out their minds with primary age kids running about all the time too. 

I realise this is pretty mild compared to some of the stories in here, but I can't see any hope that this isn't going to escalate out of control over the next few months. 

Both sides arseholes IMO. Private fireworks displays are the actions of a dick.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you been round yet?

No, music was slightly quieter this morning, but still annoying. Admittedly I’m being incredibly lazy but it’s difficult to get out of bed at 7.30am when it’s freezing and head outside to try getting into the building to find out who it is. I’m a bit worried that using the service button is going to buzz all the flats rather than just let me in.

And I’m a shitebag.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

No, music was slightly quieter this morning, but still annoying. Admittedly I’m being incredibly lazy but it’s difficult to get out of bed at 7.30am when it’s freezing and head outside to try getting into the building to find out who it is. I’m a bit worried that using the service button is going to buzz all the flats rather than just let me in.

And I’m a shitebag.

Send her. Tell her you feel you might do them in and you'd lose everything you both worked for. 

That's what I do.

And I’m a shitebag.
Go round and explain to the mature lady of the dwelling that she will be pumped if this distraction doesn't cease.
If she agrees it really is a win win.

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

Pretty mild compared to some on here, but the fat alky boot and her husband over the back of us like a shouty evening with their kitchen door open and music blasting out. Don't generally give a f**k, even when they're in the hot tub singing and shouting, but late on Christmas eve, while we were trying to get our extremely excited boys to sleep, these muppets thought they'd swing open the kitchen door at 10pm and get the music blasting. They were obviously completely leathered (not to mention they have two primary aged kids in there themselves.)

Anyway, before we could do anything, our wouldn't say boo to a goose neighbour actually went up the back fence to have a word, basically come on to f**k guys you're playing music straight into our 6 year old's window and she's already hyper excited about santa - he still had the presents to out out etc and it's best to wait until the kids are asleep for obvious reasons. 

Fast forward to hogmanay and our neighbour in the other side (ex-army) texted my wife to say they were going to let a few fireworks off at about 7:30pm, as long as we didn't mind, and if our boys wanted to go out to see them. 

As soon as he started letting them off, the fat boot over the back started screaming TURN THAT DOWN and playing Katy Perry Fireworks on repeat with the volume up full until he went back inside. 

Can only assume this is the opening salvo in what's going to be a long term war over the back fence for the next year or so. What a pair of childish, selfish, thoughtless arseholes they are. Fucking pished out their minds with primary age kids running about all the time too. 

I realise this is pretty mild compared to some of the stories in here, but I can't see any hope that this isn't going to escalate out of control over the next few months. 

image.jpeg.6753220a51a5b14d3cd8c437ddb4e1a2.jpeg

Is it her that's across the back?

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And I’m a shitebag.

Fire with fire. Play something even louder at 7AM. 

And I’m a shitebag.
Service buttons do not buzz every flat, they open the door and are meant to be used by posties and delivery guys hence why they're only active between certain hours.

15 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What's this about service buttons that just let you in? Surely they all just buzz all the flats in the building or what's the point of a secure entry phone system?

From experience it's a nightmare trying to deliver parcels to a block of flats if they don't have a service button. Some of them have a code that they give to the post office but not to delivery companies. Usually the service button only works for a certain time in the morning which is useless if the parcels you collect for delivery don't arrive till lunchtime.

Aye, service buttons dont ring any flats, they just open the door, provided you use it within the prescribed hours (usually pre 11am or 12 noon or so.)

Outside there, if you can get round the back, it's amazing how many blocks have secure front doors, but the back has no security, or is wedged open.

Edited by Boghead ranter

On 17/01/2021 at 09:23, madwullie said:

I have folk over the back from me a bit like this.

Two couples who appear to have knocked down their fence and built a joint decking at their back doors. Found out they are brother and sister that live next door to each other with their partners. During the summer they sat out all week pished to about 12/1am at times with the tunes on. (all utterly shite tunes may I add and the tunes volume did go down in the later hours). 
They'd also bought a big blow up hot tub and planked it in the middle of the garden before buying a blacked out gazeebo and sticking that over it. I just found this poundland pool house funny tbh.

There is no hassle,

yet.