Evil Neighbours Thread

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah this is beyond a joke now. I literally can’t ever have a lie in past 7.30am because of this c**t.

It’s so frustrating that it’s the next building. Basically leaves my options as:

- slide a note under the building entrance door just addressed to ‘top floor music flat’ or something
-  knock like f**k on the wall to show I’m seething and hope it doesn’t just make him do it louder
- philpy him to the council/police

They may have no clue how sound travels in those buildings so a polite note about it is hopefully all it takes. If you can’t get it, hit a few buzzers and just say you’re delivering a letter to someone who is not in. 

eta - if that doesn’t work, punch them in the liver. 

Edited by Shandön Par

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The issue is I don’t know which flat they are, so this isn’t an option. If it was I’d have done it ages ago.

If you can get access into the block leave a note on the inside of the communal door and hope the individual reads it if/when they leave the building? Just a simple 'FAO fuckwit who plays music at 7:30am. Pack it in!!!'. 

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah this is beyond a joke now. I literally can’t ever have a lie in past 7.30am because of this c**t.

It’s so frustrating that it’s the next building. Basically leaves my options as:

- slide a note under the building entrance door just addressed to ‘top floor music flat’ or something
-  knock like f**k on the wall to show I’m seething and hope it doesn’t just make him do it louder

D) Fight fire with fire. Put on something louder even earlier.

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Attach a small toffee hammer to a broom handle and pan his windows.

Not ideal but kind of out your control. Have you tried ear plugs? Genuine question

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't be that hard surely? 

I’d probably be able to work it out if I got in the building, just depends on the flat layouts as there’s 3 to a floor in mine, with one effectively wrapping round so if it was the same in the neighbouring one I wouldn’t be a hundred percent which one backs onto mine. Tad awkward to knock on the door and open with “do you play music at 8am by any chance?”. That being said, it’s probably what I’ll need to do.

24 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not ideal but kind of out your control. Have you tried ear plugs? Genuine question

I’ve used them before but struggle to sleep with them in. Unfortunately wouldn’t help with the vibration we get as well.

42 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d probably be able to work it out if I got in the building, just depends on the flat layouts as there’s 3 to a floor in mine, with one effectively wrapping round so if it was the same in the neighbouring one I wouldn’t be a hundred percent which one backs onto mine. Tad awkward to knock on the door and open with “do you play music at 8am by any chance?”. That being said, it’s probably what I’ll need to do.

Or stick speakers against the offender's wall in your bedroom and blast a prepared message at them, musical or verbal.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bigfoot believer.

If you can find the folks playing the music, tell them to leave it on and invite them to your flat to hear how noisy it is. If they don’t agree with you then, you said that you are on the top floor, when they are leaving, throw them over the top of the staircase. Simples.

2 minutes ago, supermik said:

If you can find the folks playing the music, tell them to leave it on and invite them to your flat to hear how noisy it is. If they don’t agree with you then, you said that you are on the top floor, when they are leaving, throw them over the top of the staircase. Simples.

Oh, and when the police ask any questions,tell them that you heard nothing as the loud music from next door was drowning out any other noise..

Pretty mild compared to some on here, but the fat alky boot and her husband over the back of us like a shouty evening with their kitchen door open and music blasting out. Don't generally give a f**k, even when they're in the hot tub singing and shouting, but late on Christmas eve, while we were trying to get our extremely excited boys to sleep, these muppets thought they'd swing open the kitchen door at 10pm and get the music blasting. They were obviously completely leathered (not to mention they have two primary aged kids in there themselves.)

Anyway, before we could do anything, our wouldn't say boo to a goose neighbour actually went up the back fence to have a word, basically come on to f**k guys you're playing music straight into our 6 year old's window and she's already hyper excited about santa - he still had the presents to out out etc and it's best to wait until the kids are asleep for obvious reasons. 

They quietened down, so fair enough, thanks for taking the hint guys. 

Fast forward to hogmanay and our neighbour in the other side (ex-army) texted my wife to say they were going to let a few fireworks off at about 7:30pm, as long as we didn't mind, and if our boys wanted to go out to see them. 

As soon as he started letting them off, the fat boot over the back started screaming TURN THAT DOWN and playing Katy Perry Fireworks on repeat with the volume up full until he went back inside. 

Can only assume this is the opening salvo in what's going to be a long term war over the back fence for the next year or so. What a pair of childish, selfish, thoughtless arseholes they are. Fucking pished out their minds with primary age kids running about all the time too. 

I realise this is pretty mild compared to some of the stories in here, but I can't see any hope that this isn't going to escalate out of control over the next few months. 

12 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Can only assume this is the opening salvo in what's going to be a long term war over the back fence for the next year or so. What a pair of childish, selfish, thoughtless arseholes they are. Fucking pished out their minds with primary age kids running about all the time too

You would be well within you're rights to grass them into social work. I honestly don't get folk who are completely steaming when kids are in the house what if something happened? Anyway that's a different argument.