Evil Neighbours Thread

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Id be tempted to take your daughter round his house and show him the upset he has caused her. Battering a 17 year old is only going to get you in trouble and you will be the loser in that situation.

If they are scummy then it might not work but might give you a bit of closure

He’s a big lanky 17 year old and you’d think he was older. Very bad idea though. 

My daughter is going nowhere near them, they are utter scum and wouldn’t give a f**k about her. Nor would I want to put her in a position of seeing her dad potentially fighting or being outnumbered and getting a kicking. Very bad idea although I appreciate the sentiment.

32 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He’s a big lanky 17 year old and you’d think he was older. Very bad idea though. 

My daughter is going nowhere near them, they are utter scum and wouldn’t give a f**k about her. Nor would I want to put her in a position of seeing her dad potentially fighting or being outnumbered and getting a kicking. Very bad idea although I appreciate the sentiment.

Sad to say, there is often little that can be done easily and cheaply.

There is a product called Secure-Lite, which is a hardened and/or laminated glass that could make those panes unbreakable, short of bullets.

Motion sensing lights are a popular suggestion, but would likely bother you and/or the neighbors and simply attract attention and attempts to destroy them. The Ring cameras will do quite well, if well positioned...and, ideally, if only one of them is obvious. The more concealed one should cover the obvious one and the areas it can be attacked from. The addition of an independent IR illuminator is well worth consideration, as it will significantly improve the quality of image taken by the cameras, assuming you selected IR capable units.

Edited to add: Be sure to review camera advisories and save clips of any peaking or similar activity by Mr. Nice. A gallery of those clips shown to the police would certainly back up a request for assistance or a public nuisance order.

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Through my neighbours telling us his name and my missus nosying on FB it pans out he’s 17 and it was his girlfriend and his wee brother he was with, who’s only about 11.

It sounds to me more like the kind of thing an 11 year old would do rather than a 17 year old. Did any of your neighbours actually see it happening?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It sounds to me more like the kind of thing an 11 year old would do rather than a 17 year old. Did any of your neighbours actually see it happening?

I seen him do it. Was stood at the back door having a quick smoke before the Joshua v Pulev fight started. Neighbours heard the bang. 

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Nope.

Did you recognise him, or did your neighbours say who it probably was from your description? I'm not meaning to be nosey, but it's important to be sure. The usual "bad boy" often gets blamed for everything that happens.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you recognise him, or did your neighbours say who it probably was from your description? I'm not meaning to be nosey, but it's important to be sure. The usual "bad boy" often gets blamed for everything that happens.

The “bad boy” is getting the blame I literally seen him do it with my own eyes and because he’s a goofy toothed wee c**t that’s easily recognisable.

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

We’ve brought her up properly, that’s the difference. She’s young enough and naive enough to trust mum & dad and believe that just because the police have been round and we got the Ring cameras that it’s all done with and there’s nothing to worry about anymore.

Sounds like you've done a good job there though and fingers crossed nothing reoccurs with the guy to cause any more trouble. Keep on keeping on, my man. Hopefully the cameras and/ or the polis do their job and yous can put this shite behind yous.

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The feeling of uselessness is absolutely horrible though. Feel like I’m unable to protect my home and more importantly my daughter. She settled fine and slept well last night to be fair but the thought of the scum returning to have another crack whilst she’s in her bed makes me feel sick.

Hey, mate sorry to hear about what happened.

Don't feel useless or unable to protect your daughter, nobody can foresee a stone coming through their window, no matter how protecting they might be, so don't feel that way.

It's easy for folk to say just go leather the little c**t, because it's not them in that situation. Most folk don't like confrontation and as we get older with more responsibility, the less we like it. About 10-15 years ago, maybe I would have, but now it's only on the wife's orders! The risk far outweighs the potential outcome.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Sounds like you've done a good job there though and fingers crossed nothing reoccurs with the guy to cause any more trouble. Keep on keeping on, my man. Hopefully the cameras and/ or the polis do their job and yous can put this shite behind yous.

Really hope so. Much prefer the quiet life where the only stresses are work and paying the bills.

Aye fair enough. Must be tough. I have a daughter as well and have an overwhelming feeling to protect her so would be the exact same as you. It sounds like you have done the right thing in ignoring it and putting extra security measures in place

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The “bad boy” is getting the blame I literally seen him do it with my own eyes and because he’s a goofy toothed wee c**t that’s easily recognisable.

Shit thing to happen mate, hope the bairn is ok. You can’t go paggerin 17 years olds, but a word in his lug on the qt wouldn’t go a miss. Had a similar type situation a few weeks ago but with eggs, if it happens again, they are now aware of what will happen to them 

Not exactly evil neighbours either because they were great, as were the police, but last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever one of the local young gutter dwelling fucking vermin decided to launch a big rock from the lane behind through my daughters bedroom window.  

Sorry to hear this. Want me to hunt him down? Exact crime scene already identified. (voucher code: P&B)

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
On 13/12/2020 at 10:11, 8MileBU said:
Not exactly evil neighbours either because they were great, as were the police, but last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever one of the local young gutter dwelling fucking vermin decided to launch a big rock from the lane behind through my daughters bedroom window.  

Sorry to hear this. Want me to hunt him down? Exact crime scene already identified. (voucher code: P&B)

That’s up to you. I would have no complaints if you did.