Evil Neighbours Thread

On 21/06/2020 at 01:06, Honest_Man#1 said:

What are people’s thoughts on having a barbecue in a communal garden of a block of flats? Would I be a dick doing this?

It’s torture when the weather is so nice and not having a garden.

How big's the garden anaw?

• 4 weeks later...

Thankfully I have no business being in this thread. Since the lockdown it's highlighted how lucky we are in regards to neighbours. They've always been friendly enough but it's just a quick hello or a wave. The neighbours next door have come right out their shell and talk a lot more now but without being too involved. As we're building a wall we had to ask if we could take down their fence. They've had no problem with it and have actually used a lot of the soil we had from digging the foundations, so that's less to go in the skip. The guy across the road dug out a tree for us with a digger, which would have cost us a fair bit. The one next to him has been happy to let us help ourselves to (extra) his tools. The old guy across the road asked if he could poach the old fence we took down. Obviously that helped us as well but he just shouted me there and gave me a used once gazebo that he doesn't want. And the woman down the road's husband lent me a pick and her son said to get in touch with him for our next skip and he'll get us a discount.

Having previously lived below a complete c**t who had music blaring all hours of the day and night as well as living above a nosy old cow who used to bad mouth us all the time (fruit cake), you really can't put a price on the neighbours we have now.

I do apologise for highjacking this thread with a positive story.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thankfully I have no business being in this thread. Since the lockdown it's highlighted how lucky we are in regards to neighbours. They've always been friendly enough but it's just a quick hello or a wave. The neighbours next door have come right out their shell and talk a lot more now but without being too involved. As we're building a wall we had to ask if we could take down their fence. They've had no problem with it and have actually used a lot of the soil we had from digging the foundations, so that's less to go in the skip. The guy across the road dug out a tree for us with a digger, which would have cost us a fair bit. The one next to him has been happy to let us help ourselves to (extra) his tools. The old guy across the road asked if he could poach the old fence we took down. Obviously that helped us as well but he just shouted me there and gave me a used once gazebo that he doesn't want. And the woman down the road's husband lent me a pick and her son said to get in touch with him for our next skip and he'll get us a discount.

Having previously lived below a complete c**t who had music blaring all hours of the day and night as well as living above a nosy old cow who used to bad mouth us all the time (fruit cake), you really can't put a price on the neighbours we have now.

I do apologise for highjacking this thread with a positive story.

You’ll be the neighbour everyone else in the street refers to as the free loading c**t. 

You’ll be the neighbour everyone else in the street refers to as the free loading c**t. 
Not really. We had to dig out a couple of wee trees for the neighbours in order to get decent foundations in. She was happy with that as it was something she hadn't got round to doing. We then let them help themselves to the soil they wanted to fill in an old pond. We gave the old guy the old fence and I'm going to dig out the other part for him (which is currently under all the said tree debris!). The digger neighbour was given a bottle. If they need a discount train ticket they know to ask [emoji38]

New local incomer seeking to take on the local boy racers and looking for local support in reporting reg plates / times of disturbance etc has decided to post a rallying tl;dr letter through the door of every house in the area, signing off with her name*, home address, mobile number and email address.

*difference in surname between given name and email address would also suggest that she's also given everybody both her married and maiden names.

source.gif

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

New local incomer seeking to take on the local boy racers and looking for local support in reporting reg plates / times of disturbance etc has decided to post a rallying tl;dr letter through the door of every house in the area, signing off with her name*, home address, mobile number and email address.

*difference in surname between given name and email address would also suggest that she's also given everybody both her married and maiden names.

source.gif

• 4 months later...

Unsure if I should maybe be posting this on the “When is it physically acceptable to assault someone” thread as that’s how I feel just now. Still physically shaking with anger this morning and could actually cry at the thought of the “what ifs”. 

Not exactly evil neighbours either because they were great, as were the police, but last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever one of the local young gutter dwelling fucking vermin decided to launch a big rock from the lane behind through my daughters bedroom window. Luckily it seems to have only broken the outside pane of glass and luckily my daughter had just gone to the toilet but had it happened two minutes earlier, she would’ve been stood right behind the window getting her pyjamas on. It’s very obviously a young kid’s bedroom as well as you’ll can see from these photos. Never been this angry in my life. Utter utter scum! 😢😡

E932AEA9-E592-4CC2-9E65-CD7F09DF909D.jpeg

FB458C51-8B3D-4574-AFFB-7DA4E94ECE70.jpeg

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Unsure if I should maybe be posting this on the “When is it physically acceptable to assault someone” thread as that’s how I feel just now. Still physically shaking with anger this morning and could actually cry at the thought of the “what ifs”. 

Not exactly evil neighbours either because they were great, as were the police, but last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever one of the local young gutter dwelling fucking vermin decided to launch a big rock from the lane behind through my daughters bedroom window. Luckily it seems to have only broken the outside pane of glass and luckily my daughter had just gone to the toilet but had it happened two minutes earlier, she would’ve been stood right behind the window getting her pyjamas on. It’s very obviously a young kid’s bedroom as well as you’ll can see from these photos. Never been this angry in my life. Utter utter scum! 😢😡

E932AEA9-E592-4CC2-9E65-CD7F09DF909D.jpeg

FB458C51-8B3D-4574-AFFB-7DA4E94ECE70.jpeg

The only reasonable response to this would be to find the person responsible and set them on fire. 

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's bang out of order and I hope you and your daughter (and other family members) are ok. Has there been a spate of this going on? I take it there's no chance of them catching anyone for it.

The missus had to phone her Dad to come pick up my wee lassie and take her back over to stay at theirs because she was scared. That’s what has me so upset because A: The bairn shouldn’t be scared in her own house and B: What the f**k kind of scum bricks what’s clearly a wee kids window?? 

I was at the back door having a quick cigarette just before the AJ/Pulev fight was due to begin and seen the boy who did it look over the fence and throw the rock before running off. Have found out who it is, name, where they stay etc.

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The only reasonable response to this would be to find the person responsible and set them on fire. 

Believe me those thoughts and worse have crossed my mind but just hope the police do something but I fear it’ll just be a case of him denying it and getting away with it.

Edited by 8MileBU

The missus had to phone her Dad to come pick up my wee lassie and take her back over to stay at theirs because she was scared. That’s what has me so upset because A: The bairn shouldn’t be scared in her own house and B: What the f**k kind of scum bricks what’s clearly a wee kids window?? 

I was at the back door having a quick cigarette just before the AJ/Pulev fight was due to begin and seen the boy who did it look over the fence and throw the rock before running off. Have found out who it is, name, where they stay etc.
Oof, sorry to hear that mate. Approx what age was the scumbag?

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Oof, sorry to hear that mate. Approx what age was the scumbag?

17, 18, 19 maybe.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just tell your daughter you made a mistake and it was a bird that flew into the window?