Evil Neighbours Thread

My neighbours dog used to make noise at that time, but instead of tapping on the wall so they called the police (a bit odd imo), I banged on their door at 3am and told them to shut their dog up. 2 days later, he got rid of the dog. Good news for the dog too, you could hear it in its cage all day and night.
I tapped on the wall because they denied they were doing it even though I could quote their dogs name!
Had a feeling they were going for the victim card so didnt want to approach them outside at 3am. They're devious.

They still have the dog who is well behaved despite being stuck in the house all day every day. Its absolutely mental that they keep a dog tbh, like a prison for it but again nobody wants to be seen as the bad guy for pointing out the truth to them.

Reckon if I banged their door they would have called in the special forces. They phoned 999 for sending the letter. Police confirmed it. Mental.

5 hours ago, mathematics said:

What’s the PnB general consensus on neighbours keeping chickens in a residential area?

I'm sure I read somewhere that there is some weird law that allows pretty much anyone to keep hens in their garden provided there aren't over 50 of them. The owners should be taking steps to ensure they're removing uneaten food and such at night but there's nothing stopping them unless there are specific concerns re mess/noise. We used to have 5 hens in the garden and they didn't make a huge amount of noise. We used special feeders to make sure they weren't scattering their grain everywhere and they were confined to a run when we weren't out the back to watch them.

If they have a cockerel that's crowing at first light every morning then that's a different matter.

Edited by Rizzo

5 hours ago, mathematics said:

What’s the PnB general consensus on neighbours keeping chickens in a residential area?

Are  you looking for free eggs?

My older brother had chickens in the garden in one of the places he used to live.

One of them died so he chucked it in the bin (this was pre multi bins). His partner was away at the time and discovered it a couple of days later when she was home and was putting a bag of rubbish out.

There is something you can raise called an Annoying Creatures Petition* which a JP deals with. Fuctifino what it all means in practical terms.

All I know about hens is that they eat slugs and the shite makes good fertilizer so they're maybe the keen gardeners pet of choice. Sometimes old houses had restrictions put on the owners in the title deeds e.g. not to conduct any business from the house but I don't know the legal position nowadays and whether keeping livestock would have been covered by such a codicil.

(*does not apply to Clyde fans, alas)

39 minutes ago, mathematics said:

They’re noisy as f**k. While us didn’t expect there to be a law against it, it just feels a bit selfish, like letting your dug bark at all hours.

Mrs Mathematics is now investigating how to foster foxes...

I had chickens before and found that they were only noisy at certain times. Mostly when the sun comes up. Good luck.x

12 hours ago, mathematics said:

They’re noisy as f**k. While us didn’t expect there to be a law against it, it just feels a bit selfish, like letting your dug bark at all hours.

Mrs Mathematics is now investigating how to foster foxes...

She idealises serial killers but can’t deal with an annoying neighbour?  Fucking useless imo.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs @mathematics is my new favourite P&B wife and I’m sure plenty of folk on here will be happy to provide a solid alibi if she decides to deal with the neighbours in a stern manner before feeding them to the chickens.

She’s a fucking woose.  Acts all bad ass but when it comes to the crunch she doesn’t deliver.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She’s a fucking woose.  Acts all bad ass but when it comes to the crunch she doesn’t deliver.

I would normally say that you’re either brave, or stupid.

However, given your posting history, I already know which.