Evil Neighbours Thread

I'd mention it to the sister, I understand your point about not lying but if he has aggression issues with his seizures then that's your 'get out' for not going directly to him but through the sister or landlord. You can explain to the landlord how you know about his issues too. I'd also speak to the neighbours, its affecting you then its probably affecting them too. You can then tell the sister/landlord that the wbole stair (or whatever) is in the same position. The landlord has responsibilities to the neighbours.

Good luck.

39 minutes ago, beesher said:

I could lie but I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing that as there's a bit of a back story....

He went through a phase of stomping around the landing in the middle of the night int his pants screaming that he was going to kill someone named 'Jenkins'. Obviously this was a bit unsettling so the police had attended a couple of times (not called by me). His behaviour was becoming more erratic (he cracked the glass in the landing door by punching it)  so I eventually wrote to the landlord as this was beginning to freak my girlfriend out. 

It turned out the guy has seizures that cause him to become aggressive and disorientated and this is what caused these incidents, which was fine as he's not in control of what he's doing. I now have a contact number for his sister and occasionally have to phone her or an ambulance if he's having one of these seizures. 

But the thing that annoyed me is that when the landlord spoke to him he denied the police had ever been in attendance and that he damaged the window, basically calling me a liar, so again this is why I'm inclined to go straight to the landlord.

None of this actually bothered me that much until one of the wee flies landed in my glass of red wine the other week....

I can't understand why you're being so calm about things.

18 minutes ago, beesher said:

Well because the guy has problems I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I've ran out of patience now.

That's fair enough but you're one step away from becoming his Carer by the sounds of it.

1 hour ago, beesher said:

He went through a phase of stomping around the landing in the middle of the night int his pants screaming that he was going to kill someone named 'Jenkins'.

Was that his butler?  Run off with a candelabra did he?

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Put up the posters calling him a paedo and get Jenkins round to kick his c**t in.

He could write letters from Jenkins, along the lines of "I'm going to kill you, ya paedo. I'll get you when you put the bins out, because I'm nocturnal."

He'll be ao scared he'll put the bin out during the day.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:37, Busta Nut said:

I moved last month and the Neighbour fae two down came to say hello and pick up the previous tenants mail. Told me the ones on my right are bat shit crazy (which I knew there were some issues) but told her they start and me and I will be twice the p***k they try to be. Last issue was all over parking apparently anyway, I don't drive.

I know this was 6 months ago Busta but can you please explain what the f**k the bold part is supposed to mean?

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I know this was 6 months ago Busta but can you please explain what the f**k the bold part is supposed to mean?

Certainly. I was warned the guys next door can be p***ks and to watch myself. I was just saying I can be a bigger p***k. All is fine though. They are just weird.

Some of these replies :lol:

Anyway I got in touch with the sister, she was pretty sound and thanked me for getting in touch with her. She said the guy's mental and physical health has been poor and the fact that he doesn't appear to be looking after himself or the flat properly seems to reinforce that. She said she'll keep an eye on him and have a word about the bins.

So it all appears to have been sorted amicably, expect to hear news of my dismembered corpse turning up in a bin store in the next few days.