Watch Dogs

ross-lichtie95

Been stuck on the prison mission for about 5 hours now, keep getting detected by the guards and it's doing my tits in!

Just make sure when you come out the cell you go left. I kept going right and it buggered me. Use the cameras and see the guards' movements. They don't alter their routine.

Can't decide whether to get this or not. I have PS3 so I'm assuming it'll be about 40 quid, not sure whether to wait until it's cheaper or not.

I would recommend. If you like GTA then at the very least you'll enjoy this game. I've put a massive amount of hours into it. The main missions aren't as long as I'd have hoped, but I'm doing the side missions purely to keep playing for as long as possible. Side missions can be slightly repetitive at times but still enjoyable/f*ck*ng frustrating!

In honesty I don't think it's going to make a clean sweep of all possible awards, but I've been glued to it for almost a month now. Definitely worth £40 imo.

Just make sure when you come out the cell you go left. I kept going right and it buggered me. Use the cameras and see the guards' movements. They don't alter their routine.

I would recommend. If you like GTA then at the very least you'll enjoy this game. I've put a massive amount of hours into it. The main missions aren't as long as I'd have hoped, but I'm doing the side missions purely to keep playing for as long as possible. Side missions can be slightly repetitive at times but still enjoyable/f*ck*ng frustrating!

In honesty I don't think it's going to make a clean sweep of all possible awards, but I've been glued to it for almost a month now. Definitely worth £40 imo.

Cheers mate! Got a few winners at the bookies today so may just get this in the coming days :D I'll watch some more gameplay videos etc and make up my mind, cheers again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a stupid question. I've only played a few hours of the game, completed a few main mission quests and generally walked about profiling and hacking people, then, out of nowhere, I get a message saying I'm being hacked online and to find who's hacking me.

Is this the online component of the game just randomly cropping up as I walk about the city? Just so I'm not going daft and panicking over some AI hacking!!!

Here's a stupid question. I've only played a few hours of the game, completed a few main mission quests and generally walked about profiling and hacking people, then, out of nowhere, I get a message saying I'm being hacked online and to find who's hacking me.

Is this the online component of the game just randomly cropping up as I walk about the city? Just so I'm not going daft and panicking over some AI hacking!!!

Yip, it happens from time to time, especially if you hack a Blume associated phone. Just keep plenty of Jam Coms on hand at all times as they can break the signal and give you more time to find them (I think).

Yip, it happens from time to time, especially if you hack a Blume associated phone. Just keep plenty of Jam Coms on hand at all times as they can break the signal and give you more time to find them (I think).

I think when you hack a Blume associate in the game it's AI that makes the phone call. If he successfully makes the call then you will have a bounty on your head and the if the next (human) hacker successfully hacks you then they will collect the bounty on your head which practically means they'll get more money I imagine.

As Count Mongo says it's handy to have Jam Coms spare. Unfortunately you can only use one per hack. It gives you a fair bit of extra time though. My tip for when you are being hacked and using a Jam Com would be to use it after 75% when the circle is at it's smallest. I would also highly recommend you complete 10 Convoy missions to receive the Destroyer rifle. It's really handy when you are being hacked. If you find them and they try to escape in a vehicle, the Destroyer disables them with one shot. Escape is pretty much impossible if you can't get into a vehicle so it's a case of hunting them down patiently :guntoting

PS. Another tip if you plan on doing online hacking yourself and want your level high. Do online races when your score is lower. I was up to around 12,000 points online and I did 10 races (purely as you need to complete 10 for the progress wheel). I won a couple and was obviously given points, but I came 2nd a few times and I was being deducted up to 300 points! Needless to say I was fizzing when I saw people in 3rd and 4th gaining points and me at 2nd losing them. I checked all the other racers' profiles though and they had a total of average 800 online points. So I advise you do online racing earlier rather than later if all you plan to do them for is for progress. Quite frankly I prefer playing 'Hide N Seek' online :)

I think when you hack a Blume associate in the game it's AI that makes the phone call. If he successfully makes the call then you will have a bounty on your head and the if the next (human) hacker successfully hacks you then they will collect the bounty on your head which practically means they'll get more money I imagine.

As Count Mongo says it's handy to have Jam Coms spare. Unfortunately you can only use one per hack. It gives you a fair bit of extra time though. My tip for when you are being hacked and using a Jam Com would be to use it after 75% when the circle is at it's smallest. I would also highly recommend you complete 10 Convoy missions to receive the Destroyer rifle. It's really handy when you are being hacked. If you find them and they try to escape in a vehicle, the Destroyer disables them with one shot. Escape is pretty much impossible if you can't get into a vehicle so it's a case of hunting them down patiently :guntoting

PS. Another tip if you plan on doing online hacking yourself and want your level high. Do online races when your score is lower. I was up to around 12,000 points online and I did 10 races (purely as you need to complete 10 for the progress wheel). I won a couple and was obviously given points, but I came 2nd a few times and I was being deducted up to 300 points! Needless to say I was fizzing when I saw people in 3rd and 4th gaining points and me at 2nd losing them. I checked all the other racers' profiles though and they had a total of average 800 online points. So I advise you do online racing earlier rather than later if all you plan to do them for is for progress. Quite frankly I prefer playing 'Hide N Seek' online :)

Cheers. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the online side of it as yet. Is it access through the phone menu, which I think is accessed by pressing up on the directional buttons?

Cheers. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the online side of it as yet. Is it access through the phone menu, which I think is accessed by pressing up on the directional buttons?

Yeah that's right. Then you'll 4 online modes to choose from. Hacking and Tailing is all I really do.

• 4 weeks later...

Have been playing for a while now.

Unlocked all but one set of towers,but still can't do the fixer contracts as I'm shit at driving! I find there's a lot of messing about trying to get you're gun out having to aim and then shoot people. Maybe that's why I haven't shot anyone in the game.

Edited by saints1884

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
57 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Now Ive got the second one free from Ubisoft, should I play the first one first? I've had that in my steam library for ages but never played it

From memory, they were really, really  different to each other.  The first one was quite dark, protagonist being the usual shuffling, gravelly-voiced "honest I'm a hacker, not an action hero".  The second one really changed up and put a lot more humour and light into the game.  The core of both is largely unchanged though, and it's an Ubisoft open-world game, so you can already predict what you're getting.

In terms of whether you need to play the first one?  Nah.  Second one is probably a better game, and they're not direct sequels.  I'd skip it, unless you want to sink in the hours to get through it.  I enjoyed both of them.