Watch Dogs

ross-lichtie95

Right all you watchdoggers after a few days of playing this now what are the final thoughts? Obvioulsy i take pnb reviews over any other kind lol to buy or not to buy

It's a quality open world game which probably encourages you to play it as open world more than most other games. In most open world games I play the storyline and then go back for all the other stuff later. In watch dogs I'm doing the opposite, mainly ignoring the storyline.

There is a lot to it, so while its still new and comparatively expensive, it's still decent value but as I mentioned before, you can get lots of other amazing and similar games for the same price.

The multiplayer elements are really cool too (when they work). The hacking one is essentially hide and seek but actually has some tension involved.

I've only played an hour or so of it but I'm enjoying the open world bits. It's just not as refined or as meaty as GTA. By that I mean it doesn't feel like anything has much substance when you shoot it or drive into it and the police are mainly really annoying homing missiles.

In saying that there's some really nice touches like people phoning the police when you commit crimes but being able to kill them before they give away your position etc

. Finished The story, Without giving too much away, Enjoyable ending and certainly scope for a sequel. I found getting hacked incredibly annoying but it doesn't happen too regularly, although Now I have finished the story, being hacked is a bit more fun. All the extra bits are a bit repetitive but I find if you mix about everything and you don't concentrate on a single category of side mission it retains a level of variety. Certainly glad I bought it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Still not got sick of causing mayhem at traffic lights!

I take it Clara is doing this as well? Numerous times I've driven along and a collision has happened in the middle of a crossroads.

Enjoying this. Doing the side missions a lot. If I don't like a game I'd be just battering through the main story to get it done asap.

I'm better driving the boats than driving the cars! To many other cars on the road and to many things to crash into on the streets.

Bikes for me. I find them far easier to handle than cars.

Hacking the matrix signs is fun. Today mine was I can haz cheezburgerz. No screen shot though!

Another thing,I was just walking around not doing missions,but doing crime detected things and there was a news flash that had the blokes picture and he got arrested!

Hacking the matrix signs is fun. Today mine was I can haz cheezburgerz. No screen shot though!

Another thing,I was just walking around not doing missions,but doing crime detected things and there was a news flash that had the blokes picture and he got arrested!

I had the police chasing me and could hear them radio each other. Hacked into the sign just as they were passing and it read 'Cool Story, Bro' ^_^

I had the police chasing me and could hear them radio each other. Hacked into the sign just as they were passing and it read 'Cool Story, Bro' ^_^

I hacked one that read summit along the lines of "Honk if you support the vigilante" and 2 or 3 cars started beeping their horns :lol:

Speaking of vigilante. What's are people's statuses on the 'Citizen' bar? I'm almost in complete blue and it reads "Vigilante". I've never been in the red, what does that read as? The only time I really kill folk is by car if I'm being chased.

How are folk getting on with the QC Codes? I'm finding them to be a funking nightmare in all honesty!

Hows everyone liking the hacking online? It's hide n seek but I fair enjoy it.

One thing is annoying though. I thought that the stronger someone's defence was then the more points you would get? It's pretty annoying when you hack someone with 'weak' for 60/70 points and the next guy has a 'strong' defence yet you are playing for the same amount of points! Do you think the area plays a part? Sometimes I'm dropped in no mans land and there are limited hiding spots. Other times it can be in the middle of the City with loads.

The worst thing is being dropped 50m away and you are spotted before you can begin!

I do love it though :D

What's the best task/mission to start with for a beginner?

Do you mean online? If so I would try Online Tailing first. It's less exciting than Hacking but it will give you a feel of online.

In all honesty I would just go for it with the Online Hacking. It's basically hide n seek. You will soon pick up your own ways of hiding/going undetected. If/when you get caught then run for your life. As long as you don't get killed you won't lose points.

Just give it a go though as it's the easiest way for you to find out how it works. You may well become addicted though! :D

Do you mean online? If so I would try Online Tailing first. It's less exciting than Hacking but it will give you a feel of online.

In all honesty I would just go for it with the Online Hacking. It's basically hide n seek. You will soon pick up your own ways of hiding/going undetected. If/when you get caught then run for your life. As long as you don't get killed you won't lose points.

Just give it a go though as it's the easiest way for you to find out how it works. You may well become addicted though! :D

Nah,I mean in the game.

I would just do the story, the start missions are pretty much tutorials. The game isn't so hard that you roll be ripping your hair out so you could probably do anything. Gang hideouts and criminal convoys are probably the hardest side missions so avoid them if you wish.

Once I realised that you shouldn't kill the people in the criminal convoys, and just take them down, and then in turn once I realised how to do that, they were not too bad. The toughest mission I've had was one where you just had to escape the cops. Got away from them every time, but every time they did their scan I just couldn't get away from them.

Loving the game now I've got more into it. Got introduced to hacking yesterday, and managed to beat the first one. The second one I was the hacker, and almost did it. Watched the guy charge past me three or four times before he profiled me. I fled, tried to get in a car, but was gunned down. Next time I was the hacked, but could not find the guy no matter what I did. Still don't know where he is...

Once I realised that you shouldn't kill the people in the criminal convoys, and just take them down, and then in turn once I realised how to do that, they were not too bad. The toughest mission I've had was one where you just had to escape the cops. Got away from them every time, but every time they did their scan I just couldn't get away from them.

Loving the game now I've got more into it. Got introduced to hacking yesterday, and managed to beat the first one. The second one I was the hacker, and almost did it. Watched the guy charge past me three or four times before he profiled me. I fled, tried to get in a car, but was gunned down. Next time I was the hacked, but could not find the guy no matter what I did. Still don't know where he is...

When i done it the first time i thought i had to run over the person in a car as it said "knock down" :lol:

I was getting more seething every time i ran them down and it said i failed.

When i done it the first time i thought i had to run over the person in a car as it said "knock down" :lol:

I was getting more seething every time i ran them down and it said i failed.

:lol: That's quality!

I highly recommend folk do 10 convoy missions. As a result you get the Destroyer rifle. One shot disables vehicles. It's great for halting hackers as all they can do is run so you have time to shoot them down.