Muse

NorthernLights

Anybody looking for tickets for the gig next Sunday? My wife got tickets forgetting that I had booked us a weekend away.

I've 3 of them. £82 each, which seems insane to me but I'm open to offers. Better someone gets use of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a blast last night. Fantastic stage show and a really good set list too. Having seen the set list for both nights I wish I had tickets for both nights. We got Hysteria but the night before they played Citizen Erased, which is a song I love.

Christ, I didn't even think they did Citizen Erased live!

Had a great tim elast night. I hate that the tickets cost so much but they must put a lot of that back in to the show. I doubt Adele will be doing similiar with her £105 tickets!

Had a great tim elast night. I hate that the tickets cost so much but they must put a lot of that back in to the show. I doubt Adele will be doing similiar with her £105 tickets!

Here is the proof that they did :(

Be easier for the audience to revolve round her

Went to the gig on Sunday. Absolutely tremendous, although felt that the set could have been a little bit better, missed out on New Born, Hysteria, Plug in Baby and nothing at all from Showbiz. Plenty from Drones (which I love), but not enough from Origin of Symmetry. We were spoiled at Download last year as they catered for the heavier audience, what a set that was.

In case anyone is interested, the set from Download 2015;

1. Psycho 
2.The Handler
3. New Born  
4. Interlude 
5. Hysteria
6. Micro Cuts
7. Dead Star
8. Agitated 
9. Citizen Erased 
10. Munich Jam 
11. Dead Inside 
12. Supermassive Black Hole 
13. Mercy 
14. Time Is Running Out
15. Reapers 
16. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

17. Uprising 
18. Plug In Baby
19. Knights of Cydonia

Went to the gig on Sunday. Absolutely tremendous, although felt that the set could have been a little bit better, missed out on New Born, Hysteria, Plug in Baby and nothing at all from Showbiz. Plenty from Drones (which I love), but not enough from Origin of Symmetry. We were spoiled at Download last year as they catered for the heavier audience, what a set that was.

In case anyone is interested, the set from Download 2015;

1. Psycho 

2.The Handler

3. New Born  

4. Interlude 

5. Hysteria

6. Micro Cuts

7. Dead Star

8. Agitated 

9. Citizen Erased 

10. Munich Jam 

11. Dead Inside 

12. Supermassive Black Hole 

13. Mercy 

14. Time Is Running Out

15. Reapers 

16. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

17. Uprising 

18. Plug In Baby

19. Knights of Cydonia

We got both of those songs last night.  I think it just shows the strength of the back catalogue.  I think you could list two different set lists of about 15-20 songs and they would both be good.

On the subject of Showbiz, I've seen Muse three times now - Black Holes, The Resistance and Drones tour and not once have I seen them play something from Showbiz :(

Being a proper fanboy, I actually went last night too. :ph34r:

Was delighted to get four songs that I hadn't heard in London. Take a Bow, Resistance, Feeling Good and Take a Bow all got airings which was nice, plus the Glasgow Jam which was great fun. Matt running out with the saltire was a bit overkill on that count though.

Got the chance to see Stockholm Syndrome, Madness and Citizen Erased last Monday which made losing them from the set fine by me.

EDIT: Worth noting that the summer 2015 tour was more of a warm up tour, which is why they didn't overload with new stuff.

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2012 at 22:29, DeadStar said:

OoS > Absolution > Showbiz > BHAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything they release now.

^^^ More relevant than ever.  Watching them slowly descend from your obsession into a parody of themselves has been an excuricating experience.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got to say, I'm finding it pretty average at the very most.  I would have called them my favourite band since probably early absolution days after hearing them first post-OoS.  For the first time they've released something I haven't really liked.  All just seems a bit of a mess, a few catchy tunes, but that's about it, mostly forgettable, chuck-a-load-of-stuff-at-the-wall stuff.  A lot of the songs sound pretty messy to me.  

On second listen it's just alright, pretty disappointing though given what they're capable of.  Although having said that, they've done me a favour by their laughable decision for just 2 UK dates, no way am I travelling to see them on the strength of this.

Archived