Muse

NorthernLights

Probably an unpopular view but I can't stand muse anymore. A poor mans queen IMO. The early stuff is great though, absolution and everything before it.

Why do people jump on the music press bandwagen ? Muse and Queen are like chalk and cheese just like the Beatles and the Stones are.

Muse jumped on the commercial bandwagon with the last two poor showings album wise. Matt is determined to write a classical peace of whatever. Concentrate what they do best new wave hard rock that’s what their best at. Queen utter music press nonsense

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't read music press, believe it or not I am capable of independent thought. Perhaps if a few people are saying this it's because, in their humble opinions of course, they believe it to be true? You've agreed with me anyway by saying the earlier stuff is better.

I don't read music press, believe it or not I am capable of independent thought. Perhaps if a few people are saying this it's because, in their humble opinions of course, they believe it to be true? You've agreed with me anyway by saying the earlier stuff is better.

Correct green dot :)

Correct green dot :)

Apologies if I sounded like a dick before. The best thing about music is it's subjectivity, and of course that is just my personal opinion on muse. They annoy me though because I do genuinely really like their earlier stuff.

I still can't stand Supermassive Black Hole. Has a different aura about it live though that I can live with which is good.

Outside of that, I'd go with Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, Blackout, Plug in Baby and Time is Running Out.

Studio wise, I would probably go with the ones mentioned above. Citizen Erased is probably the song that best shows what the band are about - or at least what they used to be about - with its piano piece and big riff.

It's live where their best really comes in though. Their last album was far from their best, but I went to their Wembley gig in 2010 on a whim. I was in London when it was on, and managed to pick up some pretty cheap tickets. So glad I did, was an absolutely amazing gig.

Why do people jump on the music press bandwagen ? Muse and Queen are like chalk and cheese just like the Beatles and the Stones are.

Muse jumped on the commercial bandwagon with the last two poor showings album wise. Matt is determined to write a classical peace of whatever. Concentrate what they do best new wave hard rock that's what their best at. Queen utter music press nonsense

If you can't hear the similarities between Muse and Queen you must be deaf. It's pretty much in your face in Madness.

I was a bit disturbed when I heard Madness at first but it's really growing on me...and Unsustainable is AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived