Muse

NorthernLights

although I'm aware music is subjective, I cannot think of a more cringe inducing band. Just horrible in everyway.. lyrically, sonically, cod opera sliding on your knees englishness. Art school sell your soul money band for radio 1 children

^^^^^^

Is secretly hard for top 40 music.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be the best single they've ever released. It sends the goosebumps up me every time. The final minute is just the icing.

I agree, first listen today and I know I will always like the single. Muse as a band I quite, like, but muse with beats I really like.

Reminds me of the the outsiders by REM with a little bit of U2 mixed in.

I will buy the album on the back of this.

I really cringed at it on the first listen but I think I'm starting to like it. I'm struggling to care about the other two tracks though. It looks like I'll just be cherry picking tracks from the 2nd Law rather than enjoying the entire album.

ETA: a lot of songs that I grew to love were songs I couldn't stand at first so I won't write them off just yet.

Mine arrived too - hand delivered by Ticketmaster this time by some guy, nice touch. Looking forward to it now, and getting really into the songs that have been released. Madness is alright, definitely listenable, and Survival I predict will be amazing live. But Unsustainable...I'm growing to absolutely love it, even though it could have been so much better.

Agree with the above. I'm not a massive Muse fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoyed alot of their earlier stuff and still reckon they're one of the best bands I've ever seen live, but that last album was a mixture of guff and genius. The last 2 tracks I've heard from them are simply awful

Archived