Player's who could've been...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he actually had his head screwed on or at the very least some guidance from out with his family, he could have been keeping Munro on the bench right now for County.

A Caley fan I worked with couldn't believe how easily he made the transition from Highland League to 1st Division. Then just like Keyser Soze, he was gone.

If any Hearts / Hibs shite patter breaks out on this ill close the thread and contact the mods. There's no place for it on this thread

WOW, you're a right moaning little bitch.

Nobody likes a grass, especially one that seems to think they have some sort of authority.

Sadly for you, you don't.

People can and will post what they like, when you run the board, you can say different, until then, suck it up.

WOW, you're a right moaning little bitch.

Nobody likes a grass, especially one that seems to think they have some sort of authority.

Sadly for you, you don't.

People can and will post what they like, when you run the board, you can say different, until then, suck it up.

biggrin.gif

Do Hearts fans think Andy Driver deserves a place on this thread? Or is there still hope for him?

At the tail end of last season he was starting to slowly get back to how he was, culminating in an excellent performance in the cup final (yes I know Hibs are pish).

With an injury free pre-season behind him (which he hasn't had for the past three years now) and confidence from the end of last season, I reckon he'll be a very important player for us next term.

Jackson was incredibly unlucky with injuries and illnesses. He came back overweight and just didn't quite recapture the early potential. Much like so many others I suppose, but I think I'll always feel a bit sorry for him.

The lower leagues and dole-queues are littered with St Johnstone players one thought of as exciting prospects.

Signing wise John Paul McBride, a moderately expensive buy from Celtic sticks out in terms of unfulfilled potential.

Nationally James McFadden seems to have spent the peak years of his career sleepwalking through the reserve squads of the Premiership after much youthful promise.

We could go down that route, but instead I'm going to ask a question I meant to ask earlier.....

Do Hearts fans think Andy Driver deserves a place on this thread? Or is there still hope for him?

He seems to be recapturing some of his old fitness and form and was excellent in the cup final.

Think he's lost some of the pace he had though just with all the injuries.

If any Hearts / Hibs shite patter breaks out on this ill close the thread and contact the mods. There's no place for it on this thread

:lol:

:bairn

As for us, I think Mo Camara could have amounted to something. Ian Harte too, had a golden chance to make the big time but has simply disappeared into the Championship.

A Caley fan I worked with couldn't believe how easily he made the transition from Highland League to 1st Division. Then just like Keyser Soze, he was gone.

The worst thing was that he breezed through every game he ever played. The boy had a frightening amount of talent. If he had Chipper's attitude he would have had international caps, a great club career and buckets of money.

I would make a bet that even at 31 he would be a stand out in the First Division if he got back to playing. He' far too gone now though.

Andy Walker as a young player at Motherwell I thought would go on and play at the highest level then he signed for Celtic and didn't fulfill his full potential, Fraser Wishart was another good prospect wasted could have done so much more with his talent.

The 1989 Scotland U-16 team- beat a Portugal team containing Luis Figo and one or two others of the "Golden Generation" in the Semis but most of the players went on to do very little in their careers...

June 20, 1989

20:15

Portugal 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png0–122px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.pngScotlandTynecastle, Edinburgh

Attendance: 29,000

Referee: Jean-Marie Lartigotbtw- 29,000 at Tynecastle??! :blink:

I was there!

i can mind going to the final at hampden where scotlands U-16 lost out to the saudia Over -65 side

Paul McMullan, who broke through in the early 2000's for Hearts, played maybe 2 dozens games and jus tfell away, had some great pace as well.

Gary Glen, another who showed some early promise but decided that 'the club' in Broxburn was more needing his time, will be another one of those players that felt a night out was better than a good career in football.

I suppose Ross Forbes would be the big one of the last couple of seasons. He was great under Gannon but he never seemed like the same player under Brown or McCall. I suppose though he's still young, he has a peach of a left foot and if he loses the spare tyre he's been carrying of late and manages to convince a team he can give a shit about playing football then he'll stay in the SPL.

Thinking back to that Gannon team that played those Europa qualifiers in Airdrie there are a couple that never really lived up to the early promise. Paul Slane is probably the sadest case because he looked like such a talented young winger and I don't know if he's still under contract at Celtic after being injured for so long.

Yes lets stay on topic..

The st johnstone fan wants to nominate his entire team...on ye go.

Archived