Player's who could've been...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Falkirk, Colin Samuel was one of the biggest disappointments.

Had an amazing first half of his debut season culminating in a hat-trick against Hearts in the Scottish cup but he never really kicked a ball for us after that game.

Thought Lee Miller would have had a better career too and as for talent the 2 McStays(Ryan and Garry) that came through the ranks at Falkirk were technically 2 of the best players I've seen us produce but they fell at the wayside and never developed in the way I would have hoped. Saw Garry winning in the Junior Cup final with Shotts coming on as a sub. His career could have been so much better.

If any Hearts / Hibs shite patter breaks out on this ill close the thread and contact the mods. There's no place for it on this thread

Sorry, just registered, didn't know you were in charge, or Hearts/Hibs patter wasn't allowed, can you send me a copy of the rules please?

If any Hearts / Hibs shite patter breaks out on this ill close the thread and contact the mods. There's no place for it on this thread

Good lord, not the mods!? ohmy.gif

Mirsad Beslija, supposedly a speedy talented winger, but ended up injured and buggered off after 9 games.

Kirk Broadfoot, Chris Kerr.

Was thinking about Broadfoot.That move to Rangers really has stalled his career.Fair enough he has played in a European Cup final and scored on his debut for Scotland but he hasn't done anything of note for years.Walter Smith battered all the talent out of him and turned him into a diddy right back.Sometimes i forget how good he actually was for us, when you watch the Championship DVD the guy really was an exciting talent.

The obvious one for St.Mirren is Barry Lavety.He was destined for much bigger things but he is in the Riordan category, off field issues and hanging around with the wrong crowd ruined his career.

If he wasn't a nonce, he'd have won a Scottish Cup Winners medal a couple of weeks ago too and have been part of the utter humiliation of the hapless hibs.

I know. That's what you get for trying to seduce kiddies I suppose.

The 1989 Scotland U-16 team- beat a Portugal team containing Luis Figo and one or two others of the "Golden Generation" in the Semis but most of the players went on to do very little in their careers...

June 20, 1989

20:15

Portugal 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png0–122px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.pngScotlandTynecastle, Edinburgh

Attendance: 29,000

Referee: Jean-Marie Lartigotbtw- 29,000 at Tynecastle??! :blink:

I was there!

Anyone know the full line-ups?

Always think of Andy Jackson at times like this

Agreed. I think it was 2007/2008 he scored almost 20 goals in the First Division. And he seemed to be strong enough, fast enough and clinical enough to go to the top. I actually reckon Jackson and Deucher as a partnership is similar to Sandaza and Sheridan just a level below.

Injuries have destroyed him though

Wasted it all by being as fine an example of a Milnafua tink as you could hope for. If he'd had Don Cowie's temperament god knows where'd he be now. Stories of him being stabbed, cheating on benefits, being found in the bookies/pub when he was meant to be playing in Highland League games, etc all far too common.

Bradshaw's latest brush with fame/the police

Pretty sure, as mentioned there, he's a Firhill lad. Milnafua doesn't produce many footballers of note as they keep having to slow down for the speed bumps.

John Kennedy would have been a Celtic captain had it not been for that *unt Ganea. Liam Miller looked like he was going to be the next best thing but the money got the better of him. I'm actually very pleased he has gone on to achieve sweet FA in his career.

Pretty sure, as mentioned there, he's a Firhill lad. Milnafua doesn't produce many footballers of note as they keep having to slow down for the speed bumps.

Aye, wasnt sure if he'd "settled" in Firhill, or was from there. My Alness geography isnt too hot so went for the lazy Milnafua stereotype. Seemed apt!

Aye, wasnt sure if he'd "settled" in Firhill, or was from there. My Alness geography isnt too hot so went for the lazy Milnafua stereotype. Seemed apt!

When he was still at County I'd see him playing with a couple of mates at Coulhill's primary's goals so I assume he's always been there. Seemed a nice enough lad when you gave him their ball back, should've stuck at it in the playpark. :ph34r:

I saw him playing for Forres at Clach once and an opposition player put a rash challenge in which Bradshaw reacted to. It was hilarious seeing the whole team turn around and subs jump off the bench in unison, "LEAVE IT PAUL!"

As said, I think his background was his biggest downfall.

206_stars.jpg

206_stars.jpg

We could go down that route, but instead I'm going to ask a question I meant to ask earlier.....

Do Hearts fans think Andy Driver deserves a place on this thread? Or is there still hope for him?

When he was still at County I'd see him playing with a couple of mates at Coulhill's primary's goals so I assume he's always been there. Seemed a nice enough lad when you gave him their ball back, should've stuck at it in the playpark. :ph34r:

I saw him playing for Forres at Clach once and an opposition player put a rash challenge in which Bradshaw reacted to. It was hilarious seeing the whole team turn around and subs jump off the bench in unison, "LEAVE IT PAUL!"

As said, I think his background was his biggest downfall.

Yeah, he just didn't have the mentality for it, he wasn't helped by his background at all. Shame, I feel for the guy. At least he's got the stories to tell :) Footballing and otherwise...

We could go down that route, but instead I'm going to ask a question I meant to ask earlier.....

Do Hearts fans think Andy Driver deserves a place on this thread? Or is there still hope for him?

Why call yourself a troll if you are so serious?:huh:

To answer your question, I would say jury is still out. He was hyped up due to the nationality issue more than anything, but injuries and inconsistency havent helped his cause.

I still have hope for him to do well (he wont be a £5m player like Vlad once valued him though) but may do well for us in the future.

Turned down Dalglish at Blackburn too, with Chelsea (Man U too I think) rumoured to be sniffing around as well. This was 95-96 when Blackburn were reigning Premiership Champions.

To be honest, I never thought he stood out for us to any great extent, but I was only 14/15 so obviously didn't recognise the potential Strachan/Dalglish etc did. Do remember being impressed a 16year old was holding his own in the first team. More vividly remember going mental in the jailend when he scored that header against Brechin, that goal and his subdued celebration are burned into my memory.

He didn't get the opportunity to play much with County. As he was tall he was played up front and the ball was battered up to him. You never got to see much of his technique or skill. But he had it in spades. His reading of the game was extremely good for someone so young, and he linked play very well. If he actually had his head screwed on or at the very least some guidance from out with his family, he could have been keeping Munro on the bench right now for County.

Why call yourself a troll if you are so serious?:huh:

To answer your question, I would say jury is still out. He was hyped up due to the nationality issue more than anything, but injuries and inconsistency havent helped his cause.

I still have hope for him to do well (he wont be a £5m player like Vlad once valued him though) but may do well for us in the future.

I've Trolled for years, can't be assed today, try some other time.

And how old is he now?

Archived