Ballingry carpetbaggers

TLJ

This will obviously not make any difference to Ballingry according to Scottie but there is a very strong rumour going about Fife tonight that a certain Mr Gray white has been arrested for tax avoidance and has until the weekend to pay a very substantial bill!

If this turns out to be false I apologise but the person who told me is not usually wrong about these things.

fixed colour for you.:D good news for newco :lol:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Joethistle

fixed colour for you.:D good news for newco :lol:

Are all these people named after a colour who get involved in football finances?

This is getting silly now think they have signed five forwards including the boys who were there so that's about 9 forwards you have now. Mental but it can only last so long it's unrealistic if you ask me. Good luck though but I expect a mass empty after players realise how many players you now have.

1341357120[/url]' post='6398435']

This is getting silly now think they have signed five forwards including the boys who were there so that's about 9 forwards you have now. Mental but it can only last so long it's unrealistic if you ask me. Good luck though but I expect a mass empty after players realise how many players you now have.

Del Bosque had 6 midfielders & played them all at the same time..... Look what he won smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Believe the polis raided his yard last week with a number of charges pending and a huge tax bill. The Ballingry project may be over before the season starts. But then again the players just want tae play for Baikie....good yin.

This will obviously not make any difference to Ballingry according to Scottie but there is a very strong rumour going about Fife tonight that a certain Mr Gray has been arrested for tax avoidance and has until the weekend to pay a very substantial bill!

If this turns out to be false I apologise but the person who told me is not usually wrong about these things.

we had about the same amount of midfielders :rolleyes: and no fullbacks.we had plenty at one time though and he either got rid or they walked.

the man is a dick imo.he inherited a great team won the scottish with it then started to dismantle.makes sense eh.

• 2 weeks later...

He brought Linlithgow success so here is hoping he can maybe do it with us.

Don't want to get too involved in the issue of the guy bankrolling Ballingry but it is clear there are significant amounts of money being used to attract players here.

Scottie, Linlithgow fans in the main were not enamoured with Dave Baikie's style or signings and the man was eventually sacked, Baikie also had a pretty quick turnaround at Bo'Ness if memory serves. Stints at Arbroath, Cowdenbeath and East Fife whilst adding to a credible C. V. were not out of the ordinary in terms of improvement to those teams and indeed a bit of a cloud surrounded his departure from at least two of them.

Baikies major and most consistent success stories came at Tayport where he built a pretty impressive record. He brought in people who went on to be top junior players most of whom served him and that club magnificently. Oddly enough whilst reasonable finance would have been available to him I do not think it was financial overspend which enabled those successfull squads. These successes were what built up the reputation of Baikie and enabled him to get some excellent appointments. In that respect Baikie owes as much to Tayport and its success as that club owes to him for bringing it.

At their peak (and it was an extremely high peak and one which probably set the bar far too high for managers following in his footsteps) Tayport in my view and I watched them many times, were never the most open attractive footballing side but they retained a cutting edge and a doggedness to hold on to leads and bring home trophies and success which carved a niche for Tayport in Junior football history. A very good committee take some credit but most if not all of it goes to Baikie his staff and the people they signed. Now such events may never be repeated at Tayport those were Golden times for 'port and for Baikie and crew, if Ballingry have a fraction of the success enjoyed during those times of glory at Tayport then indeed it may well prove to be money well spent. Be prepared however for the dip at the end of the rollercoaster whenever that may be, the good times if they come won't last forever.

Its great to sit back for a while and just monitor the pash that gets spouted on here.I can assure everyone of you that nobody is bankrolling our club.We have a manager who has had a lot of success at other clubs and can attract players of the quality we have signed for this coming season.I dont know where people get the figures from that have be branded around but please take it from me they are all untrue.

Jimmy

I don't believe you, counting was never one of your strong points

Jimmy

I don't believe you, counting was never one of your strong points

Come on Nocko

Any news on the odds for the league

With this squad and wages surely must be odds on

What price to go through the league season undefeated

I was speaking with one of their committee at the weekend, and even though I needed an interpreter, he told me they can't get a bet on because the odds are so low for both league and Scottish Cup. Does anyone know if this is true? I haven' t seen any odds for these competitions yet. Do any bookies have odds out for these tournaments yet?

Don't want to get too involved in the issue of the guy bankrolling Ballingry but it is clear there are significant amounts of money being used to attract players here.

Scottie, Linlithgow fans in the main were not enamoured with Dave Baikie's style or signings and the man was eventually sacked, Baikie also had a pretty quick turnaround at Bo'Ness if memory serves. Stints at Arbroath, Cowdenbeath and East Fife whilst adding to a credible C. V. were not out of the ordinary in terms of improvement to those teams and indeed a bit of a cloud surrounded his departure from at least two of them.

Baikies major and most consistent success stories came at Tayport where he built a pretty impressive record. He brought in people who went on to be top junior players most of whom served him and that club magnificently. Oddly enough whilst reasonable finance would have been available to him I do not think it was financial overspend which enabled those successfull squads. These successes were what built up the reputation of Baikie and enabled him to get some excellent appointments. In that respect Baikie owes as much to Tayport and its success as that club owes to him for bringing it.

At their peak (and it was an extremely high peak and one which probably set the bar far too high for managers following in his footsteps) Tayport in my view and I watched them many times, were never the most open attractive footballing side but they retained a cutting edge and a doggedness to hold on to leads and bring home trophies and success which carved a niche for Tayport in Junior football history. A very good committee take some credit but most if not all of it goes to Baikie his staff and the people they signed. Now such events may never be repeated at Tayport those were Golden times for 'port and for Baikie and crew, if Ballingry have a fraction of the success enjoyed during those times of glory at Tayport then indeed it may well prove to be money well spent. Be prepared however for the dip at the end of the rollercoaster whenever that may be, the good times if they come won't last for long

Asked the same question in a previous post why did Baikie not take this backing to the club that did so much for him.Ballingry will win the Premier and join HOB the superleague.I thought we may have lost more players to them some of them stayed i spite of good offers so good on them .The whole thing still stinks in my eyes players that are good enough to play at a higher level than junior playing in the Premier.See in tonights tele Tayport have went to signing young players good on them.Looking forward to good season under Big Jock again a man with principals

:rolleyes:

I've not even thought of the odds yet so the above statement is untrue.

They might be short for the league but you'll get double figures for the Scottish.

Also heard the money is down maybe with a local independant bookie

I was speaking with one of their committee at the weekend, and even though I needed an interpreter, he told me they can't get a bet on because the odds are so low for both league and Scottish Cup. Does anyone know if this is true? I haven' t seen any odds for these competitions yet. Do any bookies have odds out for these tournaments yet?

A heard the Welfare were odds on to beat them in the league cup Tam, if this happens I guess we will need an interpreter for you as I think you'll be pashed Mon the welfare

Also heard the money is down maybe with a local independant bookie

Whilst i think they have made some impressive signings on paper, I would not get too carried away just yet. Buying a host of Senior players does not gaurentee they will win the league, especially not undefeated. It certainly looks to be exciting times if your a Ballingry fan but will all these players instantly gel and lets not forget the gap between junior and lower league in my opinion has closed in terms of quality in recent years. There are a number of good teams in the premier league and I expect it to be very tight. On top of that, the other teams may view Ballingry as the ones to beat this year meaning everyone will raise their game. Personally i cant see them winning the Scottish cup and i think perhaps Newtongrange may have a chance of winning the league this year but its hard to call as I dont see an easy game in that league.

A heard the Welfare were odds on to beat them in the league cup Tam, if this happens I guess we will need an interpreter for you as I think you'll be pashed Mon the welfare

You could be right Joe Boy, I do believe I'm on holiday that week

Ballingry play their first pre season game away from home against Dundee East Craigie on Monday 23 July!

Not correct

Ballingry Rovers are playing Lumphinnans Utd on saturday 21st at Ore Park with a 2.30pm kick off. Free entry.

Archived