Fabien Barthez

Reina

Clicky

What is it with players and spitting? I think it's absolutely disgusting.

Barthez could have been suspended for as long as one year, a punishment that would have almost certainly resulted in him calling forward his retirment date.

I think he should have been banned for the maximum. It should not be tolerated. Makes me sick.

(rant over)

Clicky

What is it with players and spitting? I think it's absolutely disgusting.

I think he should have been banned for the maximum. It should not be tolerated. Makes me sick.

(rant over)

479381[/snapback]

IMO spitting on a player or a referee is the lowest thing you can do. It is an act of cowardice and it is bloody disgusting. I think he should have got a 1 year ban as it may mean the players who stop doing this.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
3 month ban for that is pretty pathetic, should have thrown the book at the bald tit

479919[/snapback]

Agree 110% AJ, he has always been a p***k, his heads too far up his own arse to realise it either...........w@nker :angry:

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Sure I read somewhere about him retiring soon, this summer I thought?  :unsure:

479930[/snapback]

I think it was the end of next season, people are saying that he might just call it a day now tho.

IMO.......good.....he is a c*nt of the highest order ;)

I think it was the end of next season, people are saying that he might just call it a day now tho.

IMO.......good.....he is a c*nt of the highest order  ;)

479938[/snapback]

Hmmm well I was thinking that he maybe got a three month ban because his career has only three months left. ;)

Guest Pompey

People like Barthez and Diouf are health risks, and should be banned from all sporting events, whether as players or spectators.

People like Barthez and Diouf are health risks,

480322[/snapback]

quite true, spitting is grotty, and at a referee? didnt a portugal player get banned for a year for pushing the ref at (or shortly after) world cup 2002?

Spitting isn't very nice, and you need to have a bit of a problem to spit at anyone, but come on, Lee Bowyer physically attacked his team-mate on the pitch and got a 6 game ban. Is what Diouf or Bartez did any worse than Bowyer? Bowyer also having jumped on a player's head...

Guest Pompey

Yes, it is. Spitting is an HIV/AIDS risk. Jumpin on a player's head (although an offence that I would give a year's ban for) isn't.

Jumping on a player's head affect's only the victim.

The health risks associated with spitting affect the victim, his family and anyone who comes into contact with him, so yes, it is MUCH worse.

Guest Follow Follow

They should've flung everything at him, a year - in my opinion is still to light, its time to make an example of someone ( a big player) who spits on someone, as a deterent

Hmmm well I was thinking that he maybe got a three month ban because his career has only three months left.  ;)

479956[/snapback]

No, he's going to play till the World Cup next year as he wants to play for France again. It says in that article that if he'd got the full ban he'd likely have retired as he'd have only a month of games before the World Cup and therefore wouldn't be a likely first choice keeper. So because of his ban being so short, he's going to stay on and retire when he'd originally planned.

Guest Geordie_Elvis

I would much rather be punched than spat on, spitting on or at another person is the lowest thing you can do.

I wont defend Bowyer for his actions but IMO spitting is a much bigger crime.

Yes, it is. Spitting is an HIV/AIDS risk. Jumpin on a player's head (although an offence that I would give a year's ban for) isn't.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, HIV/AIDS have never been transmitted by saliva, tears or sweat.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, HIV/AIDS have never been transmitted by saliva, tears or sweat.

483820[/snapback]

i think you're right, though the prevelance of TB is increasing all over the world and so spitting will only become a lower thing to do in the future

Archived