37 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I just think they've got enough guys that can fill the same spot. I'd maybe say the same of Adam Cole as well if it hadn't been for his existing relationship with the Elite.

You'd imagine Gargano has a difficult decision to make. His wife is there and he clearly loves NXT. But he must know that he has no real chance on the main roster and NXT is about to become the land of people who look nothing like and work nothing like him. Similarly if he goes to AEW surely mid card purgatory awaits. 

15 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Maybe it’ll grow, but the new NXT setup makes things feel so much more tinpot. It’s like a less busy (new) World of Sport taping. 

Not impressed so far. Can see me not watching it at all soon. 

Is Hunter still booking the show is it Vince now? 

Just reading the recaps, it's very much a different show.  Here's some guys that can't go just yet, they have an awkward match, we'll work on them.  Guess in that case it makes sense to put the belt on someone like Ciampa who can use his experience to ultimately put someone over, but he'll go from having classics with Gargano and Adam Cole to...whatever the f**k Von Wagner is.

Wargames is usually next up for NXT, be interesting to see if they still go ahead with that or sack it off.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

Just reading the recaps, it's very much a different show.  Here's some guys that can't go just yet, they have an awkward match, we'll work on them.  Guess in that case it makes sense to put the belt on someone like Ciampa who can use his experience to ultimately put someone over, but he'll go from having classics with Gargano and Adam Cole to...whatever the f**k Von Wagner is.

Wargames is usually next up for NXT, be interesting to see if they still go ahead with that or sack it off.

Wagner is the son of Beau Beverly/Wayne Bloom apparently

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Shocked by Regal. Does suggest a real shift in the way developmental/NXT is going.

I do wonder how long it will take someone to notice NXTUK. If the globalisation of NXT isn't happening and they're moving away from the superindy workers, you have to wonder what's the point of it.

Cheap as chips and allows them to control the UK scene themselves pretty much. Do wonder if the roster are starting to regret it though, if they haven’t already.