First time watching it, for a long time anyway. Amazing show. The title match was one of best matches I've ever seen, literally ever.
Also the new women's champ, the Japanese lass. Wid! Ahoy sailor!

Arguably the least good of the three main events that pair have just had as well, and it was still emotionally exhausting to watch. And it's hard to even say that because they've had three absolutely brutal, yet different, encounters.

Yet again just wonderful stuff from start to finish. I agree with the person who mentioned something not being quite 'right' with the EC3-Dream match, but that might have been down to following the opening match for which the crowd were insanely hot, rather than it being poor or anything.

Just absolutely no clue where they go with Gargano and Ciampa now....perhaps they sell the knee and Gargano goes away for a bit allowing Ciampa a run with the belt before one last come back; maybe just a straight up match that Gargano eventually triumphs.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The bit where Gargano has everything lumped on him, including a ringside assistant, was brilliant. So many great moments including that mental finish. Just so, so impressed with both guys.

My expectation going into the match is that both guys would literally tear the ringside area up in an attempt to keep one another down and that definitely didn't disappoint. 

Finished this yesterday morning.

EC3 v The Dream was good. They’ll be good on the main roster If written well.

Ricochet he Is Incredible. So Is Adam Cole.

The main event was excellent as well. I hope Gargano’s not too hurt.

I wasn't as much a fan of the main event as I was of their previous efforts.  Obviously still streets ahead of most matches, but there isn't a lot "new" they can do with these matches.  Don't think the finish really worked that well either - the slow mo replays showed him missing Ciampa by about 10 feet, was really surprised the commentators didnt' try to go down the route of saying he missed and went too far, they were trying to sell the hit that clearly didn't come.  Although my attitude probably comes from hearing from a mate who was there while working in NY - he made the main event sound like it had some brilliantly epic ending (which it probably was in person) so maybe just a bit disappointing that way.

Still a wonderful, wonderful show though.  Assume that they just don't really have any idea currently where they're going.  If Black is fit and well, they'll probably do the triple threat.  Although it is Wargames next up - maybe they'll do something around that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The main event between Noam Dar and Pete Dunne was an absolute belter, and a great way to main event a first show. Mark Andrews and Joe Coffey had quite a nifty big man/wee man type opener as well.

Dave Mastiff's squash was fun as f**k. The ladies were the only thing I wasn't really into but the pace was good I suppose.

Good opening episode.

It was Johnny! It was Johnny all along! You all bought it! Hook, line and sinker! Even his family, even his immediate family bought it! Every damn one of you was made fools of!

Edited by DA Baracus

I did wonder how they were going to develop Gargano/Ciampa after losing a bit of steam, but they've livened things up massively.  Ciampa on twitter seems to be hinting towards a DIY reunion but as heels, and given the standard of NXT story-telling up to this point, they could really do brilliant in that role.

War Games is already looking delightful.

So far we have;

Alestair Black vs Johnny Gargano

Tomasso Ciampa vs Velveteen Dream for the NXT title

Undisputed Era vs War Raiders, Ricochet and Pete Dunne is a War Games match.

On 11/2/2018 at 16:25, DA Baracus said:

War Games is already looking delightful.

So far we have;

Alestair Black vs Johnny Gargano

Tomasso Ciampa vs Velveteen Dream for the NXT title

Undisputed Era vs War Raiders, Ricochet and Pete Dunne is a War Games match.

It's actually startling how unbelievably good NXT continues to be.  Also helps that as well as putting on great cards, they actually live up to their promise.  Black/Gargano and Ciampa/Dream both intertwine together wonderfully, even without taking into account that they'd be brilliant standalone.

And that Wargames match...ooft.

• 2 weeks later...