• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Kay Lee Ray is now known as Alba Fyre.

I mean, it's not the worst

But even just shortening it to KLR would have been much better. WWE could have kept rights to that and it looks like 'killer' in shorthand.

Actually, that's probably part of the reason that they wouldn't do that.

12 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Kushida’s seemingly left. Makes sense, 38 and they were never going to use him more than they were. Could see him jumping over to New Japan’s US shows.

If he wants to stay in the US he'll have those kind of options. Could be decent in Impact since the two have a decent relationship. Then can always go to Japan for the odd tour.

• 2 weeks later...

The special over WM weekend was still a good watch, although not quite Black and Gold levels.  It's a weird mix though that I don't think they've really managed to balance yet.  I can appreciate they want to keep it as a proper developmental place and try people out, but it meshes a bit with them still trying to treat it as a product.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Last week or two there's been chat around the fate of NXTUK. Cancelled tapings. More talent going over to NXT proper.

Turns out as many expected they're promoting a Worlds Collide event between NXT & NXTUK on the day of All Out.

Oh, and NXTUK is folding/rebranding with the creation of NXT Europe forthcoming.

21 of the NXT UK roster released so far.

Probably to get them off the payroll until NXT Europe is set up, then at least a few of them will be brought back?

Also allows them to do indies in the meantime instead of doing nothing I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...