Kyle O'Reilly needs to drop that daft swaggering entrance. It was absolutely ridiculous. His ring music was/is pish too. Likewise Adam Cole's.

Anyway, they'll both still be sore!

Kross is a quality big b*****d, but he should never wear that gladiator style gear again.

Edited by DA Baracus

Love O’Reilly but aye the entrance worked with the UE theme but not with that dreadful pish he’s been lumbered with now. Really needs to get the denim jacket punted as well. Coles music is horrendous as well. Really think they should’ve just kept the UE theme on him. Just as associated with him as the group and he’s better than that generic WWE 2K create a wrestler theme he’s been saddled with.

• 2 months later...

Rumours he'll be replacing big Bill Regal, which would be...an interesting choice.  Guess with the story they're trying to tell, he could come in as someone who can actually put his hands on people without breaking into a million pieces.  Although if they're getting him back as in-ring only, that is good too.

Takeover was a bit lackluster I thought, although again by its own high standards.  Quite short too.  Main event was great, but felt far too choreographed.  Might just be me, but if the match feels more like you could put it to music rather than being a fight it's gone too far.  Still, some pace they managed to keep up from start to finish.

48 minutes ago, forameus said:

Rumours he'll be replacing big Bill Regal, which would be...an interesting choice.  Guess with the story they're trying to tell, he could come in as someone who can actually put his hands on people without breaking into a million pieces.  Although if they're getting him back as in-ring only, that is good too.

Takeover was a bit lackluster I thought, although again by its own high standards.  Quite short too.  Main event was great, but felt far too choreographed.  Might just be me, but if the match feels more like you could put it to music rather than being a fight it's gone too far.  Still, some pace they managed to keep up from start to finish.

Although I like both, it can't be a match with Gargano and Cole in it and not have 40 billion false finishes

To be fair to them, I don't think that was the problem this match, don't remember an egregious number of false finishes, just the usual you'd get in a WWE match (rather than an NXT one).  It was more the too-slick moves between spots.  It's a tough thing to criticise them for, as it was them being too good at what they do that it seemed artificial.  Probably didn't help with the pace the match had.  If spots had time to breathe, and we had the usual "wrestler A is outside the ring fucked" parts that put an extra 5 or so minutes, it might not have seemed as bad.  Just seemed like they'd been practicing for weeks, then got told they had 10 minutes less than they thought, but they still expertly went through the entire plan on double speed.  

Will say though, I fucking love Kross.  He doesn't even do much special, but the entire presentation for him is incredible, and he looks genuinely like a killer.  Probably helps having his bird with him, who is just lovely, and always looks like she's about to f**k the shit out of him at any moment.  

Edited by forameus

I’d have liked to have seen Joe face quite a few guys outside of WWE at the minute, but just glad he’ll be back on screen in some capacity. 

Hope we don’t lose Regal entirely though. 

WOuld Regal not be better using his incredible experience behind the scenes?  Or was he already doing some of that while doing the on-screen?  I'm not sure he's a huge loss to NXT, just get him back every year to shout WHORGAMES and you're golden. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

WOuld Regal not be better using his incredible experience behind the scenes?  Or was he already doing some of that while doing the on-screen?  I'm not sure he's a huge loss to NXT, just get him back every year to shout WHORGAMES and you're golden. 

Get him back on commentary to invent mental kayfabe back stories for NXT superstars. Let's have more of Cesaro being a rugby player banned for violence or have him shouting out Tyler Breeze's flamingo skinned boots.

The "unless provoked" line seems to suggest that that's what we're going to get.  Certainly wouldn't be against them building long-term for him to get cleared then take the title off a heel character.  He deserves something.

• 1 month later...

Interestingly, looks like Takeover 36 is going to be taking place on the Sunday after Summerslam on the Saturday.  Quite a smart move, as NXT often overshadows the main roster, so  hopefully a pretty solid show can then top the weekend off nicely with a brilliant Takeover.

Because there's only one match properly announced so far apparently.  WALTER vs Dragunov.  oooooooooft.

• 1 month later...

It looks like the exciting new era of NXT is going to be produced by the same two dinosaurs who have turned the rest of WWE TV into unwatchable garbage.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/report-wwe-nxt-will-be-produced-by-vince-mcmahon-and-bruce-prichard/

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looks like the exciting new era of NXT is going to be produced by the same two dinosaurs who have turned the rest of WWE TV into unwatchable garbage.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/report-wwe-nxt-will-be-produced-by-vince-mcmahon-and-bruce-prichard/

Just came to post about this. Tough break for Triple H, he built it from pretty much nothing to easily the best WWE show. Having said that a lot of people online appear to be absolutely delighted with his downfall. I suppose it's the backlash of his previous life as a power hungry ubertwat.

Makes you wonder what HHH is going to do now.  Saw someone mention that giving him one of the main shows would be a good idea, but surely they must have something in mind.  I know they don't exactly like the way NXT was, but surely you must be able to see what he created and feel like that's worthwhile somewhere.

But aye, NXT is fucked now.  Such a shame.  It lifted the big PPV weekends knowing that even if the main roster event was a bit meh, you'd always get a good show from the black and gold.  Now you're just going to get a few more hours of the same, if  you even get it at all.

• 2 weeks later...