I'm impressed by WALTER every time I see one of his matches, but it's hard to get invested in him when he spends most of his time wrestling in the most boring promotion on the planet.

Vince should fling enough money at him to convince him to move to the States for a few years. Him vs the likes of Keith Lee or Sheamus would be fantastic.

I'm impressed by WALTER every time I see one of his matches, but it's hard to get invested in him when he spends most of his time wrestling in the most boring promotion on the planet.

Vince should fling enough money at him to convince him to move to the States for a few years. Him vs the likes of Keith Lee or Sheamus would be fantastic.

Dunno how Vince feels about him given he got killed at the NXT dominated Survivor Series

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bernardblack

How did Io not break her ankle from that leap??

She is a star. Please keep her in NXT...don’t want Vince getting anywhere near her 

Was going to ask if I was the only one, and looks like I will be.  I thought the WALTER/Ciampa match was the weakest of the night.  By no means bad, but I think I'd overhyped it, and the rest of the matches really had a step up.  That one felt like it was paced like it'd be the first in a series, but with WALTER hating the US, not sure we're getting that.  Also felt like the ending was a little rushed, but that was a theme through the whole night.  The way they usually structure Takeovers is perfect.  Put 5 matches on, give roughly three hours, then let each match really breathe and have its time. They could have really done with that extra time on a few of the matches to really push them up to great.  

But enough of the negatives, because that was another wonderful show they put on, and Night 2 looks like it'll be even better.  

1am start though?  f**k sake Trips.

I thought WALTER/Ciampa felt like a proper war, which was pretty much what I was looking for. I also liked the ending because it felt like it was Ciampa's body just giving up after taking such a sustained onslaught of big moves in the final stretch.

Yeah, that's fair enough.  It definitely was just a big, ugly brawl, I just thought it would be even better than it was.  I put his match with Dragunov significantly higher, which is a shame given that basically happened in an empty Tesco stock room.

Well at least they celebrated fans coming back by killing Adam Cole.

4 more brilliant matches, and then that main event...jesus.  I think that's easily the best match of that type that NXT have ever done.  So many before it, but they still managed to pick out some new spots, and managed to genuinely make you believe like they both hated each other.  Hats off to them.  And that final spot...f**k.

On a general good news/bad news basis, I noticed last night how good the camera work was.  There were a few absolutely wonderful shots they managed to get, particularly the ones with Balor on the turnbuckle facing down a fucking massive looking Karrion Kross (I'm not sure why, but I fucking love him), and then O'Reilly's wrecked back as he stares down the ramp to the broken Cole.  Wonderful stuff.  But on the bad news, you saw the worst parts of having a crowd back, with the chants trying to get themselves as part of the show.  It's minor though, as having people in there naturally reacting to situations is always going to be significantly better than the Centre Court of Wimbledon canned noise they have been using.

Edited by forameus