The thing about Dream is his allegations are never really going to go away. It’s not the kind of thing that’d go to court and allow him to clear his name - it’s always going to be hanging over him. They don’t really seem to care though.

Yeah, true or not (and certainly seems like it's the former) people aren't likely to forget about it.  Such a shame, guy with so much potential, who could really go to the top of his industry, and now it's just a bit...urrgh even to watch him.  

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The main event for NXT UK this week is a work of art. One of the most hard hitting matches I’ve ever seen.

I'm about 2 minutes in, and this is already fucking brutal.  There's something about this in front of mostly silence that's just visceral.

EDIT:  f**k me that was brutal.  I've not seen a match look so "real"...well, ever I don't think.  I wouldn't have been surprised at the end if they lifted Dragunov off the mat and his fucking head came off.  Mental fucker.

Edited by forameus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I cannot take to Cameron Grimes at all. I don’t know what it is, but he just isn’t growing on me 

He seemed alright as the sort of slightly comic act who can still go to give something different, but aligning his act with the GME stuff just pushes it for me.  

Another solid show, but felt like one of the weaker Takeovers, admittedly because most of them are brilliant.  Every Takeover used to feel like it was either massively continuing or bringing to an end some big story, but since it's gone live it's not always seemed that way.  Wonder if they're moving more to a WWE schedule of building to WM weekend, which I assume will involve the Mega Undisputeds Exploding

Also, is Bobby Fish made of fucking glass or something?  He very rarely seems to actually appear, and when he does it's rarely competing.

Edited by forameus

39 minutes ago, forameus said:

Another solid show, but felt like one of the weaker Takeovers, admittedly because most of them are brilliant.  Every Takeover used to feel like it was either massively continuing or bringing to an end some big story, but since it's gone live it's not always seemed that way.  Wonder if they're moving more to a WWE schedule of building to WM weekend, which I assume will involve the Mega Undisputeds Exploding

Also, is Bobby Fish made of fucking glass or something?  He very rarely seems to actually appear, and when he does it's rarely competing.

Did he not absolutely f**k his arm at War Games?

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Never, ever would have predicted Vince buckling like that even if he views it as the C show.

It’ll probably be USA forcing his hand. There’s a potential schedule clash soon with NHL (I think) so can always spin it with that 

Heard those rumours...interesting.

On the titles, it seems like a crazy decision.  The tag titles they've already got are booked like a joke, so adding a second set doesn't seem like the best decision.  Although these ones will be being booked by NXT, not main roster, so could well end up better.  But how many female tag teams are there?  We about to see a big influx?  Although if it means they can better use the roster they have and give people a shine, fire in.

On the two night thing...it could go either way.  Having two shows the quality of the usual Takeovers will be brilliant, and they've got the talent to do it, but will it make it feel less special?  The beauty of Takeover is that it's five matches and all are given time.  No need for cramming absolutely everyone onto the card just for the payday, just the five best matches they can put on. Hopefully this isn't going to overexpose them.

Fucking hell, that's going to be a crazy week of WWE - Wednesday and Thursday Takeover shows, presumably Hall of Fame Friday, then Wrestlemania Saturday and Sunday.