• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 10:01, diamond_for_life said:

Aye if the video he put on his Twitter after his release wasn’t legit and he knew of his re-signing I’ve lost a lot of respect for him in a dark time for many. Not that he will care but a very shitty thing to do. 

Could still have been legit.  Wouldn't put it past the company to punt everyone and see who got the most reaction.  They had to have known they'd bring some of them back, but doesn't mean the wrestlers themselves knew.

It's amazing the difference having ANYONE in the crowd makes.  I've struggled to get into any of the proper empty arena stuff, but although it's not quite the same as a full house, you at least get some reaction to spots.  Made a big difference.

As TheGoon says, some way off what you'd usually expect from a Takeover, but thought that was very good.  Thought the backlot brawl was probably the weakest one.  Seemed nowhere near as polished as some of the other "produced" matches they've done, and at times it was difficult to see what was going on.  Not a lot really happened either.  Not bad, just...meh.  Main event, I can't quite decide whether it was sloppy because of botches, or deliberately pitched that way.  There was a wee spell of it where it didn't seem like they were on the same page at all and just scrapping like particularly aggressive divas from back in the day.  And Holy Dental Surgery, that finishing moonsault looked like it'd fucking suck to take.  

The camera cuts and headlights in the backlot brawl were making me feel queasy.

I know Mauro is good guy who has to deal with some horrendous bullying, but I find his commentary unbearable at times. He kept cutting Beth Phoenix off to jam in his pointless pop culture references. He's now almost as annoying as peak TNA Don West.

Enjoyed that.

Thought Pettingill was dead. Or maybe just hoped? Nah, he was actually pretty good and played up to how much of an insufferable twat he was back in the day.

That was Regal doing the voice for the adverts yes? They were a nice wee touch.

Loved the set design.

In ring was overall pretty good.

Opener was going well until the tope and aerial moves spot. Topes are so massively overused these days. Even worse is when everyone takes a turn doing one or another aerial move. Hate that shit and it takes me right out of things. It's the standing around looking stupid as f**k that does it. That and everyone selling it like it's the most devastating move ever before someone suddenly pops up so they can do have their turn, resulting in the rest jumping up to stagger around huddled together holding on to each other. Get these spots to f**k.

Balor vs Priest was decent. Balor seems to be treading water just now though.

Gargano vs Lee was also decent. Gargano isn't convincing enough as a heel though. His entrance was pretty fun.

Cole vs Dream was disjointed and flat. Looks like Cole didn't enjoy the windscreen bump, and the finish on to the chairs looked painful.

Kross vs Ciampa was great. In ring it was good but the presentation of Kross is tremendous. His aggression and anger in the ring is fantastic. He should be a top star, so will be interesting to see how they f**k it up on the main roster. But match of the night for me.

Main event was ok but too many weak moments and it just didn't flow. Also since when were triple threat matches n DQ?

Decent stuff IYH. Loved the stage set up.

Cole v Dream was wasted being outside a ring. Cole’s windscreen bump looked painful.

I enjoyed Lee v Gargano although as stated Johnny’s definitely not a heel. He’s like Daniel Bryan as a face.

Enjoyed Balor v Priest. Not seen priest much but he was impressive.

• 1 month later...