• 5 weeks later...

EC3...fucking hell. NXT is stacked after the latest batch of signings.

EC3, Galloway, Cole, ReDRagon, Sanity, Ricochet, War Machine, Dunne, Bate, Black, Gargano, Strong, Velveteen Dream, Almas.

The worry is that there's so many talented, talented guys there that someone, somewhere is going to not get the run their talent deserves.

Agree with all of the above. To add Percy Watson was v decent for once last night. Stepped up well in the absence of Big Nige instead of just interjecting with pointless garbage.

Aye there’s a lot to be said for a commentator who is so behind someone like he was with Gargano in the main event.

30 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

The Dream thinking it was a boxing match at the start

Was a big fan of that. Also liked Dream being so absolutely sure of himself while also being tough as nails. Too easy to turn that into a pure comedy character which no doubt will happen when he goes to the main roster.

Just finished watching. Sublime stuff.

Tag match was alright although felt the teams just didn't mesh. Women's match was ok. I like Moon in the ring but her character is just too cheesy. Dream vs Ohno was good. Some amusing moments. Loved at the start when he thought he'd knocked Ohno out, only for Ohno to relive a huge forearm and a big boot.

Black vs Cole was brilliant. Both are just quality.

However, the main event was incredible. I was marking out big time and totally bought in to the false finishes. Absolutely love Gargano. He took some beating mind. Fair play to Almas as well. Thought he was done last year as he seemed to be drifting, but since he's got Vega he's totally turned it around and shown just good he is. As said further up, probably the best NXT match there's been (AOP vs DIY vs Revival runs it close for me). Johnny Wrestling is an absolute star. Is there a better babyface in WWE? I don't think so.

Like how they got us at the end as well with the old credits trick.

Also EC3! Great signing!

Can't really add much to what has already been said. NXT go nuclear on a major WWE event weekend. Gargano is the absolute boy, and I'm glad Almas was able to end that incredible match pretty cleanly while still getting Ciampa in there at the end. I was exhausted by the end of that.

Guessing it'll be Black for Almas next, but what do they do with Cole?

The only negative was that the main event was so good that it made you forget about the very good matches leading up to it.  

I thought they were going to go with Gargano winning and Ciampa coming back for a title feud, but I reluctantly agree that they did the best thing.  This way they can get a face Black in for the title feud, but agree that I'm not sure where Cole goes from here.  But Gargano...fucking hell that guy can sell.  They really had me going at several points during that match with the near falls, and it was a suitable way to end it with Almas trying to kill him via ring-post. 

I really can't stress how good I think the Gargano/Ciampa feud is going to be.  I'll say now that it's likely to be one of - if not the - best match Wrestlemania weekend.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

The only negative was that the main event was so good that it made you forget about the very good matches leading up to it.  

I thought they were going to go with Gargano winning and Ciampa coming back for a title feud, but I reluctantly agree that they did the best thing.  This way they can get a face Black in for the title feud, but agree that I'm not sure where Cole goes from here.  But Gargano...fucking hell that guy can sell.  They really had me going at several points during that match with the near falls, and it was a suitable way to end it with Almas trying to kill him via ring-post. 

I really can't stress how good I think the Gargano/Ciampa feud is going to be.  I'll say now that it's likely to be one of - if not the - best match Wrestlemania weekend.

It's going to be perfect. The entire crowd was yelling at Ciampa with visceral hatred. Gargano is the closest superstar they've got to Daniel Bryan circa 2014.

Edited by NotThePars