The Chase

He did at least have the grace to apologise. I confess I am struggling to understand the point of the first round each time. I understand you have to get at least one right but, other than that, seems to make no odds. Get one right, we'll offer you 100k to beat us in 50 seconds. Get five right... congratulations. We'll offer you 100k to beat us in 50 seconds.

15 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He did at least have the grace to apologise. I confess I am struggling to understand the point of the first round each time. I understand you have to get at least one right but, other than that, seems to make no odds. Get one right, we'll offer you 100k to beat us in 50 seconds. Get five right... congratulations. We'll offer you 100k to beat us in 50 seconds.

Yeah it's pretty pointless other than giving The Chasers a bit of a clue as to how knowledgeable they might be.

On 04/01/2021 at 15:18, JustOneCornetto said:

Did anyone see Beat The Chasers last night?

Mark had a right go at Shaun who buzzed in then did his usual long pause before answering. Just as well they weren't sitting next to each other, think Mark would have wellied him.

The set up of this game does not suit Anne who rarely buzzes in but it's not a bad watch.

Anne if memory serves me right is classed as the second best out of all of them in terms of general knowledge and quizzing (paul sinha is the best seemingly) its like she knows her stuff but needs just that little extra half second, by that point mark or paul have buzzed in

Its a great show but, the boy that had 20 seconds to answer one question, shit like that has you on the edge of your seat hoping he done it, couldnt believe he never

5 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Yeah it's pretty pointless other than giving The Chasers a bit of a clue as to how knowledgeable they might be.

I thought that as well. You’re better off only getting one right as if the chasers don’t think you are up to much they will give you more time to still win a decent chunk on money if you don’t go for the highest offer.

I thought that as well. You’re better off only getting one right as if the chasers don’t think you are up to much they will give you more time to still win a decent chunk on money if you don’t go for the highest offer.
Not as simple as that. There are quite a few qualifying stages to get through before you actually make it onto the show. The producers know how bright you are before you come on - wouldn't surprise me if the offers are worked out in advance, completely independently of the first round.

21 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:
On 05/01/2021 at 22:04, PB1994 said:

Not as simple as that. There are quite a few qualifying stages to get through before you actually make it onto the show. The producers know how bright you are before you come on - wouldn't surprise me if the offers are worked out in advance, completely independently of the first round.

I think some of the offers are based on how much they have already paid out, not fully, but partly

The arrogant tit that was Mohammed only going for £1000. The pish that came out of his mouth was unreal, how great a quizzer he was and how he would wipe the smirks of the chasers faces.  I have never hoped for anyone to get beaten like I did for him and yet he seemed delighted to go home with £1k.  You could see the chasers were raging and determined to have him.

The arrogant tit that was Mohammed only going for £1000. The pish that came out of his mouth was unreal, how great a quizzer he was and how he would wipe the smirks of the chasers faces.  I have never hoped for anyone to get beaten like I did for him and yet he seemed delighted to go home with £1k.  You could see the chasers were raging and determined to have him.

Just didn’t see the point in him going on really. You must have to go through some amount of hoops to get on one of these shows, and to be happy walking away with a grand? Utterly pointless and like you, was hoping he would get pumped.

4 hours ago, Elric said:

Thought it was even stranger to only go for £1k after his wee “look at meee!” story about going on the show as he wanted to raise money and climb Everest for a charity.

Boy was a p***k.

17 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Some interesting stats on the 5 episodes so far which show that Paul has been the best Chaser and that Anne is not really suited to this format.
Chaser/ Games Played / Correct Answers
Paul / 22 / 77
Mark / 17 / 32
Jenny / 19 / 31
Shaun / 18 / 16
Anne/ 17 / 10

I did think to myself as I was watching it last night that Paul had been getting a lot right throughout the week and that Ann had been very quiet but she should be embarrassed to be getting beaten off Shaun.

Glad it’s back on tomorrow again.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I did think to myself as I was watching it last night that Paul had been getting a lot right throughout the week and that Ann had been very quiet but she should be embarrassed to be getting beaten off Shaun.

Glad it’s back on tomorrow again.

Wonder if annes lack of answering has something to do with her autism or aspergers (canny mind what one she has) maybe she is slightly more hesitant to answer like the rest do

What i thought i noticed last night and this week is that the vixen never seems to be the last chaser to make up the 5,

On 09/01/2021 at 13:06, 54_and_counting said:

Wonder if annes lack of answering has something to do with her autism or aspergers (canny mind what one she has) maybe she is slightly more hesitant to answer like the rest do

What i thought i noticed last night and this week is that the vixen never seems to be the last chaser to make up the 5,

She was and had her spotlight turned off at least one night last week.

On 11/01/2021 at 12:48, steelmen said:

Wonder if they will drop Ann and bring the new lad in at some point.

Paul Sinha has sadly been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease in the last year, although he seems relatively okay just now he is in the early stages of it, seeing how it ravaged my grandfather was horrible and, unfortunately I did think that perhaps the reason for introducing a new Chaser, Darragh, was partly down to Paul's inevitable decline in health. 

• 1 year later...