Breaking Bad

Kejan

I'm really enjoying it. I should have myself up to speed within a fortnight at the very least.

I kind of ruined it a little for myself by checking out the main page of the show on IMDB. I'll throttle the c**t that put the long live the King picture as it's title as it already has given me a strong idea of what will happen now.

Ep 2 was also good. You could see that Jesse was finally starting to show a bit of remorse for killing. The money to girl he wsa shagging, trying to distract himself at the start with the loud music as if to take his mind of things. Having a 3 day party as well as if to say he didn't want to be alone. Even when he tried to get his best friends to stay, he went straight back to sitting in front the ridiculously louds speakers, and it just wasn't helping.

Obviously the clean up guy is worried now about Gus. His face when he slit the boys throat was enough to show that, but his lash out at Walter confirmed it. I was dropping bricks for Walter when he was outside Gus' house.

I think that picture was the Season 2 promo so you should be all right, I wont explain why it's not for season 5 because then it will ruin it :lol;

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally up to speed now. What a fucking finish to that season, honestly wow, just wow.

This has been full of so much heart racing tension in this from the moment Jessie pulled the trigger on Gale to the moment that bomb went off in the retirement home. I think what makes this so excellent is the way that Walter feels trapped metaphorically almost this entire season by Gus, who has been outsmarting him every step of the way.

It, for seems to have turned Walter into probably the most captivating protagonist ever. I say this because his descent from Mr Rogers at the very start of the show, to the almost Scarface bad ass that poisons children has felt like the entire show has built to this moment. I mean can you imagine how Jessie would take it if he knew everything he did? Not to mention him happily sending his neighbour into his house instead of himself. I mean of all people to help Walter end Gus, it's the fucking bell guy in a wheelchair that literally rings a bell as Saul Goodman hilariously puts it. Even when Gus walks out, I'm just like "f**k off, there's no way he could have walked out of that", before cleverly being revealed the other half of his face, almost making you think for a second that this almost Terminator like guy who really hit home in the first episode of the season, casually sacrificing his handy man and only uttering five words in that entire episode. That one awesome scene, with bellguy's change of face, the sudden realisation from Gus and the BOOM!

Even having Walt smuggle his own way into the lab, taking two guys down shows that his conscience for killing seems to have disappeared. No wonder Skyler is afraid of him. The Rodrigo y Garbriella in the background almost took me back when Walt encountered Jessie for the first time climbing out of a woman's bedroom and Walt's hilarious face at the same time. Now in the most bad ass style, burning the Lab to the ground before nonchalantly setting the fire alarm off. His final scene with Jessie was touching for shell shockingly revealing the poisoned flowers in his garden.

I don't know what to expect from season 5, other than the possibility that Walt will fill that massive gap in the market for meth. And why not? The seems to be more alive than ever in the such environment, not to mention he seems to be cruel enough now to pull off being 'THE KING'

Watched all of Season 4 over the course of the weekend, HO-LEE SHIT, that final episode is comfortably one of, if not the best episodes of television I have ever seen. The whole Season was magnificent, even better than the 3rd, which I thought would take some doing, but the last episode was utterly incredible, cannot wait to see where they go with the final Season now.

I also absolutely love any time Walter puts on the 'Heisenberg Hat', you just know shit is about to go down when that hat gets worn!

The scene he blows up Tuco's office is my favourite. It's really the turning point for his entire character. The last time we see him as the slightly timid, not 100% in control of his emotions character(as we see as he walks away and in the car)and first time we really see him as the passive-violent, dominating character he becomes. Also I think it's the first time we see him bald and with a moustache and calling himself Heisenberg.

Great scene.

edit: why the f**k won't the video post properly? I'm putting the media tags round it. f**k sake.

Edited by dane-don

On the Tuco's office scene

I'm not going to lie, it was the first time that it really made my get really excited about it. Mainly because you didn't see it coming. It was executed perfectly. The suspense of Walter showing up there his head shaved, the hat on and the look of change igniting. The moment he goes 'And that's not meth', the slow motion of Walter throwing the explosive material to the groud, and then the shot of outside the office of there being a fuckload of boom. Glorious.

I've just caught wind that Laura Fraser will be starring in the fifth and final season of Breaking Bad.

post-8434-0-00171700-1341928163_thumb.jp

Pleasing :D

So with the premiere only days away now how does everyone see this turning out? I'll spoiler my thoughts on it out of manners to those that are still only catching up on this beast of a show. I actually accidentally clicked a big Game of Thrones spoiler today that left me raging. <_<

So now that Walter is effectively the last man standing, and along with the trailers looking as if he wants to be the new Kingpin, I think it's safe to say that his descent from the over-qualified science teacher to full blown bad-ass Heisenberg is pretty much completed after he poisoned a boy to get Jesse on his side then lie to him, it's hard to really call him anything other than a monster now, 'the man who knocks' if you will.

I can't see Mike choosing to be his enemy, if anything he'll probably want nothing to do with him. Jesse could easily be his biggest threat should he learn of both the poisoning, or even further him letting Krysten die. There is of course, the obvious threat of Hank and the DEA being the biggest stumbling block in completing a full blown cartel of his own but for me, I think an even bigger threat could be the curveball that is his wife.

It's no secret that Skyler clearly doesn't like the alter-ego that is Heisenberg, and a combination of both 'the man who knocks' and the fear on her face when Walter simply uttered the words 'I won', gives her more to be scared about than ever. Although she has no proof, there is little else that says to me now she doesn't suspect that her husband is a killer. She does have to protect her cubs as she says(well not exactly, I'm paraphasing but you know what I mean) from this 'man who knocks' as we brilliantly witnessed near the end of season 4.

It really has been a fantastic series and I, like many others can't help that with every season it has got better. I only hope that it's final installment does it justice. I haven't really been waiting long to really feel the full anticipation that many of you poor b*****ds have been suffering, but even then I can only imagine that Games of Thrones has been the only show more antipicated in waiting for this to start this year. I can't fucking wait and I'm sure most others can't either.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Had spells of being hooked and slightly losing interest throughout the first 2 series. Enjoyed the show but couldn't understand people comparing to The Wire or The Sopranos.

Season 3 was absolutely exceptional and judging by the reviews for S4, I'm pretty buzzing. Some of the dialogue and character development is breathtakingly good. Even guys like Saul's wee fixer scumbag guy surprise you with how much backstory and depth they bring to the plot.

What a fucking show.

Just finished 4th season, really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if it would make my all time top 10 or anything though. Filled a gap in my schedule though and watched all four series in about 10 days. Will def keep watching

Saul and Mike are my favourite characters.

Both Skyler and Marie would get it.

Edited by gordon the gopher