Breaking Bad

Kejan

I'm guessing that Lydia, when she finds out that Walt is on the run, will clock that Skylar knows roughly who she is, and will ask for the neo-nazi guys to tie up that particular loose end. That'll be what brings back Walt, M60 in hand....

I'm guessing that Lydia, when she finds out that Walt is on the run, will clock that Skylar knows roughly who she is, and will ask for the neo-nazi guys to tie up that particular loose end. That'll be what brings back Walt, M60 in hand....

Im thinking he comes back to save Jesse, leading to a shootout with the Nazis and a Scarfacesque ending for Walt.

I've been discussing with mates since yesterday. To a man, we're in agreement that no finer episode of tv exists. Season 4 finale was possibly my favourite ever, but that blew it out of the water.

I reckon it's pretty similar to The Blue Comet from The Sopranos, Two Imposters from Boardwalk Empire or The Rains of Castamere from Game of Thrones, with the frantic pace and main characters in danger. Superb as it was, I couldn't really place it above any of them.

There are other episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad which are different in style which I'd put just as high too, and Two Cathedrals from The West Wing (a show which I overall found to be a bit too glib and sugary) was superb.

Im thinking he comes back to save Jesse, leading to a shootout with the Nazis and a Scarfacesque ending for Walt.

I can't see that. He's done with Jesse as this episode proved. Perhaps he ends up saving Jesse as a consequence of whatever he's going to do to the Nazis but I can't see that as the reason he does it.

ETA: It really was just the perfect 45 minutes of television. I've watched it 3 times now. The only thing that comes close is the final episode of The Shield. I don't know how they can top this in the final two episodes but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

When you see him in the flash forwards his hair has regrown so we are talking at least a couple of months has gone passed. I can only assume its maybe to do with his cancer being in its final stages where he knows he is dead either way and decides to and redeem himself slightly be it trying to save Jessie or his family depending how the next episode pans out. Still strange that they have all that cash and they still want Jessie to cook for them

Edited by P.C

. Still strange that they have all that cash and they still want Jessie to cook for them

just one of many strange things going on

it's strange that they would export crystal meth to the czech republic rather send over the methylene.

it's strange that scared of her own shadow lydia would allign herself with a nazi prison gang and put herself in the middle of a gun battle.

it's strange that before walt started making meth gus and other people were making millions off crystal meth but now no one can manage to produce and sell it properly without walt or jesse.

it's strange that the nazis didn't kill walt and roll him into the hole rather than give $11m to a traumatised man who's brother in law they have just murdered and who they have stole $70m dollars from. i bet that won't back to haunt the nazis of convenience.

it's weird that todd's uncle was conviently in charge of a nazi prison gang just when walt needed a load of people in jail killed.

it's weird that hank and gomez decided to take down a dangerous meth dealer off the books (i must have went for a piss when hank convinced gomez this was a good idea)

it's strange that they would export crystal meth to the czech republic rather send over the methylene.

it's strange that scared of her own shadow lydia would allign herself with a nazi prison gang and put herself in the middle of a gun battle.

it's strange that before walt started making meth gus and other people were making millions off crystal meth but now no one can manage to produce and sell it properly without walt or jesse.

it's strange that the nazis didn't kill walt and roll him into the hole rather than give $11m to a traumatised man who's brother in law they have just murdered and who they have stole $70m dollars from. i bet that won't back to haunt the nazis of convenience.

it's weird that todd's uncle was conviently in charge of a nazi prison gang just when walt needed a load of people in jail killed.

it's weird that hank and gomez decided to take down a dangerous meth dealer off the books (i must have went for a piss when hank convinced gomez this was a good idea)

The drugs thing was due to the purity, although they could try and replicate the formula Jessie and Walt are the only 2 able to get it over 90% and now the market they are selling to expect that quality which means there is high demmand for it

Leaving Walt and not killing him was because Todd "repected Walt and probably they did as well for the business they got from him as well as the cash.

Gomez was the only one Hank could trust to get this done as he knew when it went public he would probably lose his job so it was a favour between friends im guessing

it's strange that they would export crystal meth to the czech republic rather send over the methylene.- they can't cook walters blue brand themselves which is the demand

it's strange that before walt started making meth gus and other people were making millions off crystal meth but now no one can manage to produce and sell it properly without walt or jesse..- Blue brand is the only thing worth money on the market now because of purity

it's strange that the nazis didn't kill walt and roll him into the hole rather than give $11m to a traumatised man who's brother in law they have just murdered and who they have stole $70m dollars from. i bet that won't back to haunt the nazis of convenience. true, but apparently it was out of respect

it's weird that hank and gomez decided to take down a dangerous meth dealer off the books (i must have went for a piss when hank convinced gomez this was a good idea) I thought this too, i suppose they thought remote location , walt by himself they weren't assuming real danger.

Plus, Lydia was hardly "in the middle" of a gun battle, was she? She was hiding in a bunker shitting herself.

she knew she was going to be in a bunker when she hatched the plan? she knew that declan was going to go up and see what was happening rather than staying with her?

TSAR: The running theme throughout the series is that each individual is not in the money business, but in the empire business. The Nazi's want to make even more money. The downfall of humanity is their greed. Again you fail to understand the importance of the % yield of the drug they are making. Hence why they need to keep Walt alive and they figured that leaving him one barrel would keep him sweet enough to cook for them. Todd is aware of how he under performs in the yield and tells his Uncle to spare Jesse's life.

They went to Todd's Uncle as they had to. If it wasn't him they would have made contact with someone else that had those connections. It isn't weird. A coincidence perhaps, but weird not. It is a MacGuffin used to help the plot of the story.

Although I think Hank telling Gomez would be quite an important part of the story, Gilligan obviously felt that they didn't need to show it. Gomez states after seeing the video that he believes Hank. So it did happen, we just didn't see it.

they can't cook walters blue brand themselves which is the demand

Blue brand is the only thing worth money on the market now because of purity

this is incredibly stupid on the show never mind in real life.

on the show prior to walter and jesse teaming up gus, tuco and declan were all making fortunes making and selling meth. the idea that the meth heads of new mexico and beyond are now turning their backs on getting high because it's not the heisenberg blue is utterly retarded.

in the real world the quality of drugs goes up and down all the time but people keep taking them regardless.

this is incredibly stupid on the show never mind in real life.

on the show prior to walter and jesse teaming up gus, tuco and declan were all making fortunes making and selling meth. the idea that the meth heads of new mexico and beyond are now turning their backs on getting high because it's not the heisenberg blue is utterly retarded.

in the real world the quality of drugs goes up and down all the time but people keep taking them regardless.

Indeed, but the methheads aren't going to pay top dollar for an inferior high are they? The idea of the blue is that because its so pure the high was better raising the price and demand of the product

Let's also bear in mind that we have no idea whether Todd's gang want Todd to continue cooking meth after receiving all of this money, nor do we know if they are even aware he is doing so. It is only Todd who seems keen to continue, no doubt because he has a creepy crush on Lydia and wants to please her.