Breaking Bad

Kejan

I thought it would have been a good idea to download and watch this during my lunch hour but fucking hell, I'm hardly going to be able to think about anything else for the rest of the day.

Walt getting Skyler telt for being a a whiny bitch was just incredibly pleasing.

*Imitates her voice* "Walt, you have to stop, it's immoral." :lol:

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I cried like a little baby when

Hank was killed. I'll admit it. He was my favourite character up until the most recent episodes and he was murdered so ruthlessly. Terrifying stuff. That moment made me think anything would be possible and I genuinely expected Jesse to also be a goner as soon as Walt saw him under the car.

Yeah, the sheer echo of Hank eating a bullet, even though we all knew it was coming didn't stop it from being any more shocking.

It was the fact that after he outed Jesse, he out of nowhere told him about Jane. I just didn't see that coming at all at that moment, such was the abruptness of it all.

Did anyone else notice that they didn't bring in the introductory credits until about 20 minutes into the episode because they didn't want anything to disrupt THOSE scenes.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I thought it would have been a good idea to download and watch this during my lunch hour but fucking hell, I'm hardly going to be able to think about anything else for the rest of the day.

Walt getting Skyler telt for being a a whiny bitch was just incredibly pleasing.

*Imitates her voice* "Walt, you have to stop, it's immoral." :lol:

I'm fairly sure that the phone call was his way of

exonerating Skyler. He probably knew the police would be there, so his last act of 'good' towards his family before changing his identity would be to talk in a threatening way towards her and take responsibility for everything, saying that she wouldn't do what he said and that she had no idea of what he is capable of. Or maybe he really has just turned full-Heisenberg. But I think the act of making the phone call to Skyler after hearing Holly calling out for her mother, and then leaving the baby behind, shows that this was perhaps an act of remorse after the earlier knife fight.

Edited by The Real Saints

I'm fairly sure that the phone call was his way of

exonerating Skyler. He probably knew the police would be there, so his last act of 'good' towards his family before changing his identity would be to talk in a threatening way towards her and take responsibility for everything, saying that she 'wouldn't do what he said' and that she had 'no idea of what he is capable of'. Or maybe he really has just turned full-Heisenberg. But I think the act of making the phonecall to Skyler after hearing Holly calling out for her mother, and then leaving the baby behind, shows that this was an act of remorse after the earlier knife fight.

It might sound daft, but I interpretted it the complete other way around in the phone call. We didn't really see her being attached to Walt's crimes and by that phone call, he implicated her at the very least being an accomplice and someone withholding knowledge of the crimes. He was definitely remorseful with Holly, hell he actually showed humanity with offering all his money for Hank's life, but as soon as he was killed, it completely sent Walt over the edge and he lashed out at pretty much anyone who has ever cared about him.

It might sound daft, but I interpretted it the complete other way around in the phone call. We didn't really see her being attached to Walt's crimes and by that phone call, he implicated her at the very least being an accomplice and someone withholding knowledge of the crimes. He was definitely remorseful with Holly, hell he actually showed humanity with offering all his money for Hank's life, but as soon as he was killed, it completely sent Walt over the edge and he lashed out at pretty much anyone who has ever cared about him.

Not going to lie. I thought the exact same thing as you when I first saw it. It is only after reading a few articles about it that I've re-watched the scene. Both interpretations make sense. That's the glorious thing about Walt's character, I guess. Sometimes his intentions aren't fully clear and can be read in various ways. Maybe it will become clearer in the next couple of episodes.

Edited by The Real Saints

Not going to lie. I thought the exact same thing as you when I first saw it. It is only after reading a few articles about it that I've re-watched the scene. Both interpretations make sense. That's the glorious thing about Walt's character, I guess. Sometimes his intentions aren't fully clear and can be read in various ways. Maybe it will become clearer in the next couple of episodes.

Absolutely, the ambiguity of it all in general, but particularly Walt has been simply tremendous.

I thought that was an absolutely wonderful tv episode.

As much as I like Hank and Gomez, I'm glad the Breaking Bad team didn't draw out their deaths. Their stories had reached their natural end and I'm glad Hank got to have the last word and kept himself together and accepted what was about to happen to him. He showed far more courage at the end than Walt ever did when he came close to being murdered.

Now that's gone to get himself a new identity, I can't wait to see what makes Walt come back later though. As much as I want Walt to win in some form, seeing Skyler finally attack him and physically put herself between Walt and his son was so satisfying. I think Walt wanted on some level to intimidate Skyler on the phone and hurt her as much as possible, ultimately I think that brief moment of clarity in the house when he realised how scared his family are of him has really gotten to him. It's probably why he didn't try and hold onto Holly and use her as a bargaining chip to try get himself out of this situation somehow and instead did the right thing and gave her back.

i just realised about walt's call to the house, he obviously knew the police were there and was phoning to exonerate skylar from any involvement, as he takes full responsibility in during the uber-threatening conversation.

edit: prediction: marie is the one responsible for the house becoming derelict and sprays heisenberg on the wall.

Edited by GeeJay

marie is the one responsible for the house becoming derelict and sprays heisenberg on the wall.

I was thinking the same thing for a while during this episode. If Skyler hadn't turned on Walt and fled with him then writing Heisenberg on the wall would seem very much like something Marie would do. It's probably unlikely now though given that Skyler and Marie seem to have reconciled with one another so there's little reason for Marie to vandalise the house like that.

I meant to say in my earlier post that I actually cheered out loud when Walt told Jesse about Jane :lol: I wasn't in the least bit surprised that he was spared but it was done in a believable way so my grip is minimal. I'd need to watch the series again but I think that is now my favourite episode ahead of the one where they went to Mexico.

Oh and I think it'll be Walt Jr doing the spray painting I think he is going to go off the rails now.

Edited by Waldo Ponce