Breaking Bad

Kejan

Incredible. I knew those lads would turn up, and was kinda hoping they would.. Very cheeky place to end the episode. I think Gomez, at least, is a goner. This all leads up to next week's episode which Vince Gilligan has said is his favourite of the entire series of Breaking Bad. Anna Gunn said that the cast found one episode in particular very emotional to film, so I'm guessing it's the next one. There will be blood.

I think they've dragged out their story a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the show so far and I love where its going, but I think from where they are from 1 episode to the next, they don't get very far.

So essentially, they spent a whole episode building up f**k all. Great.

Jesse's going next episode. That much I'm absolutely certain of. Possibly even Hank as well. Where that leaves everyone else I don't know, but I'm fairly sure they're gonna have Walt cooking for them and that will only happen when they've 1) got rid of Jesse and 2) got out of this situation.

I would be very surprised if Jesse is dead before the final episode, but we shall see. I reckon Hank and Gomez will both die, and finally Walt will be prompted to use the 'disappearer' for himself and his family. Obviously this tactic won't go exactly according to plan though. This is Breaking Bad we're talking about.

I'll say this for that episode. They built the tension brilliantly. The call from Hank to Marie had that sort of "he's offski soon" feel to it, which was surely the intention to crank things up. Some good work from Hank, Jesse and Gomez to draw Walt out as well.

Aye, Walt seemed to be in more danger than anyone else and he was the one that called them! While Jesse, the primary target, seems quite safe in the car. "Stay in the car." seems to be sound advice, but it does look like he's getting out.

"He's not as stupid as you think."

Quite.

Incredible. I knew those lads would turn up, and was kinda hoping they would.. Very cheeky place to end the episode. I think Gomez, at least, is a goner. This all leads up to next week's episode which Vince Gilligan has said is his favourite of the entire series of Breaking Bad. Anna Gunn said that the cast found one episode in particular very emotional to film, so I'm guessing it's the next one. There will be blood.

I was doing the same. It's incredible that after all Walt's done I was also hoping that the Neo-Nazis were going to come and save Walt. I've been wondering why we've had the subplot of Lydia, Todd and his uncle's gang still going on in the final episodes of the series. But their role in this weeks episode seems to show the writers have kept them in the picture this season.

I also agree that Gomez is probably done for and it wouldn't surprise me if Hank ended up in the handcuffs before being killed at some point next week. I expect Jesse to escape this situation but I've absolutely no idea how he'll manage it and can't wait to see what happens with him.

Last week's episode was the closest I've come to being disappointed by this final run of Breaking Bad episodes, but this week's episode gives a little more appreciation for it as we get all the pay off for all the hard work that was done in setting it up last week.

I wasn't even sure if I wanted Walt to come out on top until the last few minutes of that episode. Was dying on the Nazi lads to turn up. Was so obvious they would though, think Gilligan was using a bit of film/TV convention to let every viewer make their mind up about what they wanted.

The driving conversation with Jesse had me in stitches for some reason :blink::lol:

The willingness of Walt to confess everything on the phone in a fit of seethe and the DEA agents/Nazi gang's shit aims were a bit too silly tbh. Was still shitting myself all the same.

The willingness of Walt to confess everything on the phone in a fit of seethe and the DEA agents/Nazi gang's shit aims were a bit too silly tbh. Was still shitting myself all the same.

I think it was acceptable because of the desperation.

They were definitely doing some fucking about with that last few minutes though. Really good job of really dragging the big stuff out without making it too long. It's something they've been very good at the whole series in my book.

I'm very much liking the way the writers have dealt with the character of Walt in the final episodes. I'm sure the majority of us would have expected him to continue on his downwards spiral towards evil, committing some awful atrocities as we reached the climax. However, the Walt we are now seeing is not the Walt we have become accustomed to during the final episodes of Season 4 and the majority of episodes in 5A. He is a shadow of the intimidating figure he had become. He has done his best to put that area of his life to one side and focus solely on his family once more. However, it is his previous actions and acquaintances which are now coming back to haunt him, and I feel he now has no control over the unravelling of his life. It's tragically ironic that he is closest to getting his comeuppance when he is no longer 'Heisenberg' in the classic sense of the name.

Vince Gilligan said that he set out to create a character who would commit monstrous acts and be largely dislikeable, but someone who would also arouse sympathy from the viewer when/if he eventually died. I think he has got that balance absolutely spot-on. Mind you, I still fully expect to see a flash of the old Heisenberg being unleashed at some point before the end.

I think it was acceptable because of the desperation.

They were definitely doing some fucking about with that last few minutes though. Really good job of really dragging the big stuff out without making it too long. It's something they've been very good at the whole series in my book.

Don't think they were dragging it out for the sake of it. The ad break, the delays and all the little bits of time-wasting from Hank reminded me of the classic bad guy has hero in his sight film scene. Anyone who's ever seen a film where the hero's nemesis has him but fucks about gloating too long knew the Nazi lads were coming.

Maybe I'm over-analysing it but it reminded me that Hank is the one you're rooting for - which has been a grey area at some points. TRS's post is spot on too.

Bleedin hell.

On a lighter point the scene between Saul and Jnr made me lol hard.

Same :lol:

I thought the phone call to Marie with the overdone "I love you" was a wee nod to times when that happens, and the guy will inevitable die soon afterwards. Just wee things like that. Brilliantly played out.

The picture of Jesse and the "brains". Nearly forgot about that. :lol: And yeah, the entire car conversation was top stuff. The "bitch" count was pretty high.

I'm not sure if I'm rooting for Hank, and more rooting for Walt to get what's coming. If it comes from Hank, who's essentially been driven to madness, then so be it. I don't think it will though. I think if anyone kills Walt, it'll be Jesse. If Jesse doesn't survive, then I think it's inevitable that Walt will, or at least, survive as long as the cancer lets him.