Breaking Bad

Kejan

Anyone else surprised at the position Skyler has taken or seems to have taken after Hank got in contact with her?

Haven't really taken to Marie but did enjoy seeing her slap her sister!

Not quite sure what she's thinking.

I hate the pair of them, and the gulf in acting is unreal. The Marie Skylar scene compared to Walt and Hank is night and day.

Don't know about anyone else but I was pretty disappointed with the latest episode. Gilligan justified Walt and Hank's confrontation last week by saying that they didn't want to drag it out and that there was too much story left to tell then followed it with an episode where not a lot really happens at all.

Out with Skyler aligning herself with Walt, Lydia and Todd's appearance and the ending which collectively came to about 5 or 6 minutes, we've not learned anything we didn't already know and the landscape hasn't really changed - it could in the next episode but this one could have been considerably better.

I've never really had this disappointment because I've always been able to watch the next episode on Netflix if I was left unsatisfied. Countdown to next Monday begins now, I suppose.

Gilligan knows what his audience wants to see. Seeing Skyler take a proper Rick James to the dish was a beautiful thing.

Anyone else surprised at the position Skyler has taken or seems to have taken after Hank got in contact with her?

Haven't really taken to Marie but did enjoy seeing her slap her sister!

Her eventual position instantly reminded me of Walt's initial decision making. He could have easily taken the money from the lesbian from Friends and do the right thing. Skyler could've taken up Walt's offer to turn himself in, only give up a bit of the money and be secure. Instead she took the mental option of trying to risk it.

I thought that episode was even better than the last. What it did was pretty much crank up the intensity on all sides. Anything involving Skylar was magnificent I thought. The scene with Marie trying to leave with the kid was amazing, and then the aftermath with Marie and Hank in the car.

We always knew Todd had this massive cold streak so I'm happy that he's one of the "moving parts", and again, they used the time on that side of things to properly give us an idea of what the lay of the land is. Not sure they could have made the same points in a couple of minutes.

Don't know about anyone else but I was pretty disappointed with the latest episode. Gilligan justified Walt and Hank's confrontation last week by saying that they didn't want to drag it out and that there was too much story left to tell then followed it with an episode where not a lot really happens at all.

i didn't think there was much to it either. they seem to be ticking off mile markers towards the conclusion. walt-hank. hank-skyler. skyler-marie. hank-jesse. the skyler marie scene was extremely cliched.

the lydia scene didn't make any sense. why would she put herself in massive danger? how could the ayran brotherhood guys sneak up on the other mob without them noticing in the middle of the desert? i was also disapointed to hear more about the purity of meth, i was hoping they had moved beyond that.

i was also disapointed to hear more about the purity of meth, i was hoping they had moved beyond that.

The thing is the purity of the Meth is what makes Heisenberg who he is and what differentiates him from everyone else. It's the reason he is such a legend in the drug industry.

Walt has already shown in previous episodes that the purity of the meth is something he is ridiculously proud of, particularly in the scene at the dinner table with hank.

This episode that was just shown could be the most important for showing why Walt had to go back to making meth as the standard of meth has dropped dramatically.

Think next weeks episode could be when things start to boil over.

The thing is the purity of the Meth is what makes Heisenberg who he is and what differentiates him from everyone else. It's the reason he is such a legend in the drug industry.

it's a nonsense conceit though. making meth is just a chemical process so the idea that he's the only person that can do it properly is a bit daft. also as huge numbers of scottish people prove every weekend the quality of a drug has little effect on it's value.

focusing so much on the quality of meth produced but so little on the effects of consumption makes very little sense to me.

it's a nonsense conceit though. making meth is just a chemical process so the idea that he's the only person that can do it properly is a bit daft. also as huge numbers of scottish people prove every weekend the quality of a drug has little effect on it's value.

focusing so much on the quality of meth produced but so little on the effects of consumption makes very little sense to me.

Yes but it is the chemical process that he uses, he distills it using his own method which increases the purity and yield. The quality of the drug will have tremendous value. If I can buy merchandise that is 98% pure and then mix it down to my competitor's level I can produce more and make more money on the volume alone. When Lydia etc are in the money business the purity matters a great deal.

If they were not to dilute it, they wouldn't get the same effect using a competitors inferior product. As they were not getting their fix from the other stuff, that would increase the demand for the Heisenburg's product and in the end raise the price. Again allowing more money to be made of the purer drug. The purity of the meth is the reason Walt can build his empire.

The Czech dealers expect the same purity, if they are not getting what they have paid for, it could quickly escalate.

the lydia scene didn't make any sense. why would she put herself in massive danger? how could the ayran brotherhood guys sneak up on the other mob without them noticing in the middle of the desert? i was also disapointed to hear more about the purity of meth, i was hoping they had moved beyond that.

I thought about how they even knew where she was at first, but I suppose there could have been some sort of tracker bug on her or the car that she was taken there in.

As for sneaking up, f**k knows, but maybe they knew where it was and were already there waiting? Unlikely but not impossible. Gilligan seems to have thought of just about everything else, so I don't think he'd leave a plot hole like that in there.

Edited by Nightmare