Breaking Bad

Kejan

13 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m finding Walter a massive c**t on this rewatch. Gus has just wiped out the cartel. Yassss

It’s strange cos at times you think Walt is decent and Jesse is a pain in the hole, then five minutes later you think Walt is a tosser and you feel sorry for Jesse!

Edited by IainMorton

11 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

It’s strange cos at times you think Walt is decent and Jesse is a pain in the hole, then five minutes later you think Walt is a tosser and you feel sorry for Jesse!

Walt turns into a horrible fucker but you can't help but like him. The biggest c**t on the show by far is Skyler.

On 2/13/2018 at 13:46, MONKMAN said:

Skyler is by a considerable distance, the biggest c**t on the show. A special mention must go to Walt Jnr also.

Walt Junior is a massive wee fanny. Total edgelord of a kid.

We’re rewatching just now as well for the first time since it finished originally, it really is an absolute masterpiece.

Never really got the hate for “Flynn” he’s just a bit annoying, same with Jessie in the first few seasons, he’s just a bit of a moron rather than a knob. Skyler is a total fucking helmet though, complete bitch.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not one of the characters are particularly likable. I think that happens when a show revolves around criminal activity and how each of them justify their involvement.

Skinny Pete and Badger are about the most likable, only because they are being used and don't really know any better.

Mike is the boy and I won't hear otherwise

14 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not one of the characters are particularly likable. I think that happens when a show revolves around criminal activity and how each of them justify their involvement.

Skinny Pete and Badger are about the most likable, only because they are being used and don't really know any better.

Agree about Skinny Pete and Badger, they are awesome. The only character I couldn’t take to was Jane, a pain in the arse although she was a definite 10/10.

Random piece of useless information - a girl I used to work with is cousins with Laura Fraser who played Lydia.

Watched it probably 4 times all the way through and my opinion pretty much stays the same.

Walt did turn into an absolute arsehole but you just can’t hate him. I never got any ill feelings towards Jesse, throughout the show I always either really liked him or felt heart sorry for him. His last scene in the finale was really emotional.

Mike and Saul were probably the best two characters in my opinion. Also loved Hank and Marie. The characters that fall into the annoying as f**k category are Skylar, Walt Jr. and Jane.

And I still wince at the scene where Gus “takes care” of Victor. Oaft.

8 hours ago, parfecto said:

And I still wince at the scene where Gus “takes care” of Victor. Oaft.

Watched that the other night, I can usually watch gory stuff but I actually turned away when it happened. The only thing I cannot watch and watching Victor dying in that way is actually horrible.

Do I think you’re wrong about Skinny Pete and Badger being the only likeable characters?

IMG_1731.jpg

Reasonably.

• 2 weeks later...

There are few things in the world I’d like to see more than Badgers Star Trek script come to life. Pie eating in space would be sensational.

ETA: the “tread lightly” garage scene is still utterly magnificent. Even though you know what’s going to happen, the tension and range of emotions on display really are something. Some of the best acting you’re ever likely to see.