Breaking Bad

Kejan

i've not watched many tv shows, but i'd say it's better than the sopranos and on par with the first season of i'm alan partridge. take from that what you will.

edit: i also think the episode with the housefly in the lab is one of the best tv episodes of all time. probably on par wtih "pine barrens" from the sopranos.

Edited by santi

• 3 weeks later...

When is series 5 getting shown, is it even made yet?

This is my new favourite show, hurry up.

Apparently it's going to be shown in two parts: first episode on July 15 2012 and then second half in the summer of 2013. Can't wait.

Apparently it's going to be shown in two parts: first episode on July 15 2012 and then second half in the summer of 2013. Can't wait.

Cheers.

Don't know if I like that idea though, would prefer to see it all without a break.

Hey ho,,should be good.

Am I the only one that didn't think this was amazing? Only watched the first 8 episodes, granted, but i'd say it was good at best. Few exciting scenes etc but a lot of cliche'd nonsense and poor dialgoue. Again, i know eight episodes isnt enough to judge a whole series but they didn't make me want to keep on watching, which was their job.

Am I the only one that didn't think this was amazing? Only watched the first 8 episodes, granted, but i'd say it was good at best. Few exciting scenes etc but a lot of cliche'd nonsense and poor dialgoue. Again, i know eight episodes isnt enough to judge a whole series but they didn't make me want to keep on watching, which was their job.

Season 3 is where it really picks up for me. Things really go onto another level, and Season 4 is just one of the great seasons of TV from start to finish.

I watched the first season when it was on FX but missed out on it since. I bought Season Two theothe rday and am one episode in. It's excellent. I am thinking of becoming a meth cooker, think it should be OK.

I watched the first episode of season 4 just there, and i might sneak in a little review for each episode just to get over my GoT fix and wet the appetites for the coming season(Don't worry no sepinwall to copy from). I hopefully should have myself caught up by the time season 5 starts.

The 'box cutter'. Now I get it, although it took me a while for it to register, just like a lot of things do with this show, but because it has that ability to sink into the back of your mind with every episode.

That entire scene with Gus has me drooling at the prospects of this season. He only uttered one sentence throughout that entire episode and it's enough to finally display that he a completely fearsome monster of a person. His long, booming, and suspensively executed footsteps and his silence as he changed while Walt grovelled for him to see from his perspective. That's the one incredibly well executed technique that Breaking Bad produces. It can go for long periods of time without any dialogue at all and yet completely captivate an audience. Even the tough ex-detective guy was completely shitting bricks when it happened. It even goes back to its roots with how they disposed of bodies 'sure this will work? Trust us'. Also the way it went from swirling blood on the mop to the chip in the red sauce was an excellent interchange of scene.

We see a little of Hank dealing with his injuries still, Skyler showing some streetwise intelligence with the locksmith and Saul completely paranoid, which is a hell of a change from the cocky character that he was to start with.

I don't know how this will go down, with Walt knowing that he won't be safe forever, maybe he could convince everyone to go against Gus for the sake of their own lives? Either way for one episode, that is a hell of a lot of tension to continue for another 12 episodes and I can't wait!

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I watched the first episode of season 4 just there, and i might sneak in a little review for each episode just to get over my GoT fix and wet the appetites for the coming season(Don't worry no sepinwall to copy from). I hopefully should have myself caught up by the time season 5 starts.

The 'box cutter'. Now I get it, although it took me a while for it to register, just like a lot of things do with this show, but because it has that ability to sink into the back of your mind with every episode.

That entire scene with Gus has me drooling at the prospects of this season. He only uttered one sentence throughout that entire episode and it's enough to finally display that he a completely fearsome monster of a person. His long, booming, and suspensively executed footsteps and his silence as he changed while Walt grovelled for him to see from his perspective. That's the one incredibly well executed technique that Breaking Bad produces. It can go for long periods of time without any dialogue at all and yet completely captivate an audience. Even the tough ex-detective guy was completely shitting bricks when it happened. It even goes back to its roots with how they disposed of bodies 'sure this will work? Trust us'. Also the way it went from swirling blood on the mop to the chip in the red sauce was an excellent interchange of scene.

We see a little of Hank dealing with his injuries still, Skyler showing some streetwise intelligence with the locksmith and Saul completely paranoid, which is a hell of a change from the cocky character that he was to start with.

I don't know how this will go down, with Walt knowing that he won't be safe forever, maybe he could convince everyone to go against Gus for the sake of their own lives? Either way for one episode, that is a hell of a lot of tension to continue for another 12 episodes and I can't wait!

Season 4 is up there with Sopranos season 4 and Lost season 1 as the best single television season ever. Gets amazingly tense as it goes on and the last meaningful scene of the finale is quite possibly my favourite ever. (Not even going to spoiler it incase anybody is tempted to take a peek, those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about

Just getting to the end of Season Two. Walt is starting to get a bit hardcore, getting his disabled son pished and threatening the meth cookers he sees in Home Dept.

Absolutely brilliant series.

Season 4 is up there with Sopranos season 4 and Lost season 1 as the best single television season ever. Gets amazingly tense as it goes on and the last meaningful scene of the finale is quite possibly my favourite ever. (Not even going to spoiler it incase anybody is tempted to take a peek, those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about

I'm really enjoying it. I should have myself up to speed within a fortnight at the very least.

I kind of ruined it a little for myself by checking out the main page of the show on IMDB. I'll throttle the c**t that put the long live the King picture as it's title as it already has given me a strong idea of what will happen now.

Ep 2 was also good. You could see that Jesse was finally starting to show a bit of remorse for killing. The money to girl he wsa shagging, trying to distract himself at the start with the loud music as if to take his mind of things. Having a 3 day party as well as if to say he didn't want to be alone. Even when he tried to get his best friends to stay, he went straight back to sitting in front the ridiculously louds speakers, and it just wasn't helping.

Obviously the clean up guy is worried now about Gus. His face when he slit the boys throat was enough to show that, but his lash out at Walter confirmed it. I was dropping bricks for Walter when he was outside Gus' house.