Breaking Bad

Kejan

This might shock a few people but I only started watching this last night, got through the first 3 episodes enjoying it so far.

I only started watching it today. Half way through the first season already, Loving it!!

Why the f**k are you reading this thread then?

I meant to say in my earlier post that I actually cheered out loud when Walt told Jesse about Jane :lol: I wasn't in the least bit surprised that he was spared but it was done in a believable way so my grip is minimal. I'd need to watch the series again but I think that is now my favourite episode ahead of the one where they went to Mexico.

Oh and I think it'll be Walt Jr doing the spray painting I think he is going to go off the rails now.

Writing looked pretty straight to me. Not Flynn's work.

I must say I'm a little disappointed that Vince Gilligan had to clarify re the phone call. There was some great acting going on and I thought that Walt's statements made it pretty clear if you have watched it up to this point. This type of thing was also foreshadowed by his 'confession' earlier in the series, so I'm really surprised that an awful lot of people found there to be ambiguity in that scene.

Speaking of finding unexpected ambiguity, I thought the way that Todd put a picture of Jesse's loved ones next to his workstation was really nice of him. A lot of women in my office do that and it does seem to motivate them. I didn't know Todd was so kind hearted, but maybe he felt bad for Jesse after the obviously nasty fall he had had offscreen.

Edited by The OP

I must say I'm a little disappointed that Vince Gilligan had to clarify re the phone call. There was some great acting going on and I thought that Walt's statements made it pretty clear if you have watched it up to this point. This type of thing was also foreshadowed by his 'confession' earlier in the series, so I'm really surprised that an awful lot of people found there to be ambiguity in that scene.

Yeah, I've just watched the episode again and it does seem very obvious now. While his words sound menacing, you can see the truth in his eyes. Fantastic performance. I can only excuse my original ignorance by saying that I watched it very early in the morning and was quite tired at the time..

the fact that walt was crying at times during the phone call kinda made it obvious that he was pulling something other than ranting at skyler

as someone said above quite a few loose ends have been tied up, big ones anyway, what i think will be in the final episodes

it will focus on hank returning in the flashforward that we seen, i have a feeling that he goes to save jesse from the nazi's hence why he asked for the gun in his flashforward, unsure of his family though, perhaps the carwash business went tits up (neg press and all that) hence the dilapidated house and the family in a hovel, maybe hank goes back to rescue them before he dies, or else they simply abandon the house and get a new one (car wash being successful and all) and hank simply goes back to get something, perhaps the ricin or something else he stashed there

i put it in spoiler tags incase people dont wanna read even opinions on the last two episodes lol

Speaking of finding unexpected ambiguity, I thought the way that Todd put a picture of Jesse's loved ones next to his workstation was really nice of him. A lot of women in my office do that and it does seem to motivate them. I didn't know Todd was so kind hearted, but maybe he felt bad for Jesse after the obviously nasty fall he had had offscreen.

I took it as a certainty on first viewing that he was doing Skyler a favour with the call. I'm with you, surprised people take other meanings from it.

Portraying a character so brilliantly who himself is visibly acting and doing it well, must take some doing. What a fucking guy Bryan Cranston is.

Aye, I'm with you on that. Just caught up with the thread there and the number of people questioning what Walt was really doing on that phone call shocked me. I normally watch Breaking Bad with a smoke so my memory for intricate little details isn't always the best; acting like that though how can you not pick up on it? So often actors try to do pretend to be overcome with emotion or really just at rock bottom and just come up short... Bryan Cranston really showed how it's done... Again.

Like others, I'm a bit nonchalant about what's going to happen in the next couple of episodes now. Obviously want to know how the story ties in, but the stuff I was REALLY wanting to know seems to have already been solved, to an extent. Having said that though, Breaking Bad has a way of making you think you know what's coming and then smacking you over the head with something completely obtuse.

Truly great show.

Walt's unfinished business surely has to be killing the nazis and getting back his money for his family, allowing them to live a good life after he dies. The latter of which was the whole point he started cooking in the first place. Full circle, or something like that.

No idea where Jesse will stand in all this, though.

When Walt nodded the head, I was terrified.

So was, I would've been pissed. Based Todd.

the meth business is a man's game.

jesse is a murderous, poison dealing scumbag. he deserves everything that coming to him.

he also can't complain about being locked up with nazis when he was basically volunteering for that when he confessed all his crimes to hank.

And Walt is a child poisoner, that's worse than anything Jesse has done. Why is it okay for Walt to "f**k over" Jesse but not that other way around? The difference being that Jesse was gonna give Walt to the DEA but Walt gave Jesse to Nazis.

And Walt is a child poisoner, that's worse than anything Jesse has done. Why is it okay for Walt to "f**k over" Jesse but not that other way around? The difference being that Jesse was gonna give Walt to the DEA but Walt gave Jesse to Nazis.

Worse than shooting a man in the face?

as walt says though he measured the amount correctly so the boy wouldnt die, whether thats believable or not i dont know lol

i hate walter as well. If anyone wants to kill or torture him more power to them.

I dislike jesse more for the characters stupidity than anything else. Walter is just an utter c**t. After they killed and disolved the tarantula boy i went full into hoping they all die horribly.

They were always dicks just for making meth but they are despicable now. Hopefully the next episode starts with vern schillinger showing up and raping jesse.

That episode was incredible. It might actually be the best episode of television I have ever seen, and I didn't think anything would ever come close to the last episode of Season 4. Just absolutely non-stop from start to finish, there were times I was actually laughing in disbelief at what I was seeing, it really was that good.

If the last two episodes are even half as good as that one, it'll be 100% confirmed as the greatest TV programme ever made as far as I'm concenred.

Like someone already said, my enjoyment of last night's episode was tempered somewhat by the realisation that it's nearly over. Moira Walley-Beckett has written some of the best episodes in the whole series and they usually set-up equally masterful following chapters. Now it's over to, for my money, the other two outstanding writers in Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan. Just when you think you've figured it out, it will twist in some unexpectedly enthralling manner; I fully suspect there's further twists remaining in the last two episodes despite some folk feeling that certain things have been concluded.

A masterpiece - all that can be said.

I would say so. Gale was a meth cook, too. Brock was an innocent child. I'm not buying that Walt measured it correctly.

Why? Everything he did in that entire scenario was meticulous, you don't think he would know exactly how much poison to give someone not to kill them, but can comfortably produce 99% pure crystal meth or create a bomb? The man is a genius, of course he would know.

Also, I'd imagine if Brock had died, Jesse would have been too busy greeting and too full of grief to be useful for Walt's end, with Brock just in a come in the hospital, Jesse was able to focus his rage.

Edited by J_Stewart