Breaking Bad

Kejan

This might shock a few people but I only started watching this last night, got through the first 3 episodes enjoying it so far.

Bought the box set of this and it just arrived. Really looking forward to watching it!

Say goodbye to your social lives for a while - I only started watching 3 weeks ago roughly.

I only started watching it today. Half way through the first season already, Loving it!!

Thought I was the only person who didn't watch this tbh.

Say goodbye to your social lives for a while - I only started watching 3 weeks ago roughly.

:lol: Really glad I've gave it ago, heard good things about it for ages.

Oh, and can anyone REALLY say they're rooting for Walt after that? Although his final act with Holly was the act of a good man shining through.

I absolutely am still rooting for Walt. In fact I'll bet there's plenty of folk who still are. Certainly going by some the reaction on Twitter etc.

Incredible episode though. Best yet.

Thought I was the only person who didn't watch this tbh.

:lol: Really glad I've gave it ago, heard good things about it for ages.

Took me a few episodes to get hooked to be honest but after that, I was taking my iPad to work and spending my hour lunch in isolation watching an episode, then another on the train home.

Never been so drawn-in to a show in my life.

Oh, and can anyone REALLY say they're rooting for Walt after that? Although his final act with Holly was the act of a good man shining through.

he didn't do anything bad during that episode other than f**k over jesse and he deserves it anyway.

the phone call was to make sure the police can't do anything to skylar, he was making sure that if they try to prosecute her she has cast iron evidence that she was coerced.

Just finished. Jeeeesus christ that was mental.

You could see the point post family fight that Walt realised he lost the reason he did it all in the first place. His family. Grabbing Holly was him trying to keep hold of some remnant of this but after her calling for her maw he gave up.

he didn't do anything bad during that episode other than f**k over jesse and he deserves it anyway.

the phone call was to make sure the police can't do anything to skylar, he was making sure that if they try to prosecute her she has cast iron evidence that she was coerced.

Would describe it in stronger terms than f**k over to be honest.

He gave him up to a skinhead gang, completely broke him by telling him the woman he loved could've been saved from a horrible death, then sent to him away to be tortured and he assumed murdered.

That's pretty bad form :lol:

He gave him up to a skinhead gang, completely broke him by telling him the woman he loved could've been saved from a horrible death, then sent to him away to be tortured and he assumed murdered.

Aye but Jesse spat on him. I'd rather someone punched me in the face, gave me up to a skinhead gang, told me they could've saved the life of the woman I loved and then left me to be tortured and murdered than spat on me. [/footballers' cliche]

the meth business is a man's game.

jesse is a murderous, poison dealing scumbag. he deserves everything that coming to him.

he also can't complain about being locked up with nazis when he was basically volunteering for that when he confessed all his crimes to hank.

Edited by T_S_A_R

I'm fairly sure that the phone call was his way of

exonerating Skyler. He probably knew the police would be there, so his last act of 'good' towards his family before changing his identity would be to talk in a threatening way towards her and take responsibility for everything, saying that she wouldn't do what he said and that she had no idea of what he is capable of. Or maybe he really has just turned full-Heisenberg. But I think the act of making the phone call to Skyler after hearing Holly calling out for her mother, and then leaving the baby behind, shows that this was perhaps an act of remorse after the earlier knife fight.

Just listened to Vince Gilligan on the insider podcast and he confirmed that this is indeed the case.

I was going to type up a response guessing what's going to happen in the next two episodes but really... f**k we have to wait another week! :(

The only thing I can assume is that the next episode is going to start on walts 52nd birthday or the first half will tie up Jesse's story then move on to Walt?

I'm not as eagerly anticipating the final two after that last episode. So much happened and was resolved. What happens next is just tying up loose ends. All the major stuff with Hank and Walt's family has come to a head. If Walt lives or dies now is a bit of a non-event. The Walt-Jesse relationship/bond is over, regardless of whether one or both die.

"Meth Damon" hahaha, brilliant!