Breaking Bad

Kejan

A really tense episode that, The ending was a bit like an episode of 'The A-Team with about a 1000 bullets fired and no-one getting shot. I think Hank saying 'I love you' to Marie could possibly signal his demise, although Gillian is good at shit like that to throw us off the scent.

Jaw-dropping stuff, what a show. I was thinking "Gomie's a goner" to myself before the end, actually Hank could go too.

Was it the last episode where Jesse said that Walt is "smarter and luckier" than Hank? Well when he survives this one, then the latter is more apt here.

Had to laugh at creepy Todd's "She blinded me with Science" ringtone.

Edited by Judas

Why, when Walt realised that he'd been tricked by Jessie into (just about) leading them to the (general vicinity of) the buried money, did he not just jump back in the car and speed off 5-10-20 miles further away (anywhere - away from the money) leading them off the scent. They weren't on the scene by that point and he just started stomping about next to the money in a rage. Didn't make sense.

Why, when Walt realised that he'd been tricked by Jessie into (just about) leading them to the (general vicinity of) the buried money, did he not just jump back in the car and speed off 5-10-20 miles further away (anywhere - away from the money) leading them off the scent. They weren't on the scene by that point and he just started stomping about next to the money in a rage. Didn't make sense.

I'm sure when he pulled up in the car he said something like "i'm here, where are you". If they were tracking the GPS then they would have got the rough co-ordinates anyway I think.

f**k f**k f**k f**k f**k!!!

What an episode! Genuinely one of the best hours of television I ever remember watching. Immense.

Nae bother Vince Gilligan, we'll just wait another week then will we?! Massive cuuuunt! icon_biggrin.gif

First I've cared in a long time about Walt... I thought I had come only to care about Jesse and Hank latterly, but I realised as Walt sped towards their trap that I desperately didn't want him to get caught and reveal where he'd buried his money!

Such mixed emotions watching this, not sure whether to root for the villain of the piece or not.

Game was up at that point. He had already lead them to the money, he knew it, they knew it. They maybe wouldn't have had him bang to rights but they would certainly have had his money, which he wasn't prepared to lose. He had to stay and try to think of a play.

Vince Gilligan said that he set out to create a character who would commit monstrous acts and be largely dislikeable, but someone who would also arouse sympathy from the viewer when/if he eventually died. I think he has got that balance absolutely spot-on. Mind you, I still fully expect to see a flash of the old Heisenberg being unleashed at some point before the end.

I think there was a tiny glimpse of that Heisenberg personality when he was on the phone to the neo-nazis just before he realised it was Hank and Gomez who were with Jesse. In those moments he was talking to them with a furious desperation and offering them everything they wanted just to help him save his skin. In a weird way, I kind of got the impression that Walt surrendering himself to Hank was the end of Heisenberg until Jesse spat in his face.

Walt and Jesse definitely have at least one more big confrontation between them coming up before the show ends. I can't help but feel that Walt's role in Jane's death is going to be key how this all ends. It wouldn't surprise me if after having been spat on by Jesse, Walt's pride is damaged enough to confess just in order to hurt Jesse as much as possible. And if Jesse found that out it could very easily change his mind from wanting to bring Walt to justice to wanting to kill him.

This show is fucking outstanding! The tension in the seconds leading up to the gunfight was unreal.

I have a feeling that the show will end in a similar way to the pilot, as in Walt leaving a video message before shooting it out with the cops, I could be wrong mind but its just a feeling I had.

Fantastic episode, although I was slightly annoyed at how shockingly bad the Aryan Brotherhood are at firing guns in order to create a cliffhanger and probably save the good guys. If Hank doesn't die in the shootout I'll feel like Kathy Bates in Misery when Rocketman got out of the cockadoodie car.

The last scene made me realise I'm definitely rooting for Walt, possibly just because I don't want it to end, even though I know it will in 3 episodes! Walt may have done some pretty low things, but his whole diatribe about doing everything to protect himself and Jesse chimed with my thoughts on the series and Hank committed one of the worst crimes known to man - smugness.

Jesse's love for Mike, a guy who was all ready to kill him, and pretty much told Walt to kill him too (no half measures) is particularly galling to me. The Brock thing I can understand.

I think Hank may die, the call he made to Marie was prematrue and the conversation made me think it was the best way to his death have more impact.

Im in an awkward state of wanting both Hank and Walt to not lose but knowing that its impossible.

I think the Jessie/Mike thing was more about Mike taking him under his wing which was also ploy to drive a wedge between him and Walt. Tho it made him realise that Walt did on occassion take him for a fool. Hence the dessert speech he had with Walt

Mike knew that Walt was slipping and did his best to get Jessie out of it

I suspect Hank will get killed, his family get moved into witness protection while Walt goes on the run or taken in by the Nazi's to cook for them

It's worth wondering how Skylar would react if Walt and Jesse get out of this situation but Hank dies. Last week she seemed resigned to the fact she had been drawn further and further into the criminal world thanks to Walt and she urged to him to eliminate Jesse in order to just make the problem go away. However, if her brother in law is killed whilst trying to do the right thing and Walt and Jesse escape then she might finally snap and try get herself and the kids away from him, hence why Walt's been alone in those two flashforwards we've seen so far.

Next weeks episode is apparently called Ozymandias and if you are familiar with the poem of the same name then it only serves to add excitement about what could potentially happen next week. As things stand now it seems like the neo-nazis are the most likely candidates to be responsible for the initial trashing of the White family house and for painting "Heisenberg" on the wall.

Next weeks episode is apparently called Ozymandias and if you are familiar with the poem of the same name then it only serves to add excitement about what could potentially happen next week.

Yup, Walt's statue might be broken, or he might even travel to Egypt!

Edited by The OP

I'm gonna guess that Hank will get killed. Marie will go mental and have a break down. Drive over to Skyler (maybe hitting the boy with the RC car on the way) and confront her. They will have a fight and one of them will get killed (probably not totally intentionally). Not sure on the fate of Walt Jra and Hollie but it is likely Walt will lose them in some way. Jesse will get kidnapped by the Aryans and Walt's final good act will be to go and save him (probably dying in the process). The ricin will be used on Lydia (he wouldn't want to violently kill a women) because she'll do something stupid.

EDIT: Also think the confession DVD will go out. It'll be a blood fest. Just thinking back to Walt and Jr watching Scarface and mentioning how everyone dies in that movie.

Edited by harry94