Breaking Bad

Kejan

Perhaps. I think that 'where he lives' relates to his family. Jesse surely wouldn't kill Walt's children or wife, but I could easily see him telling Walt Jr everything. That would be the last thing Walt would want to happen.

This makes sense. That could be what the photo of Walt dressed as Santa symbolised.

I was disappointed this week that they never showed Hank telling Gomes that Heisenberg was... his fucking brother in law! Hank and Gomes have been chasing this mysterious meth cook relentlessly for a year and we never got to see the reaction and how it might affect their relationship (and Hank's job). Found that a bit bizarre, what a great scene it would have been.

I would also like to see exactly what happened to Walt and Gretchen's relationship. In the flashbacks they look very close but the next thing we know is she's away shagging his old college science partner. Hope they go back to this in the final episodes but looks unlikely.

Edited by GeeJay

I think 'the job' Walt refers to with Todds uncle isn't Jesse or Hank. I reckon he is going to try and stage his own death. Perhaps use Sauls guy to disappear and go into hiding (would link in with the season 5 opener with him on his own on his birthday)

That's what I think as well. I'm not sure where they'll go with it though.

I think 'the job' Walt refers to with Todds uncle isn't Jesse or Hank. I reckon he is going to try and stage his own death. Perhaps use Sauls guy to disappear and go into hiding (would link in with the season 5 opener with him on his own on his birthday)

he has to fall out with multiple people before he leaves though or else why would he have a machine gun?

it seems to be too late to introduce any more characters so i think it's fairly certain that we'll see walt and his 'leetel friend' go on the rampage against the nazis.

It could also explain the reaction to his neighbour seeing him again. I thought she looked like she seen something scary and astonishing rather than just fear.

I still found myself feeling sympathy for Walt extending the olive branch with genuine trust. In fairness without Jesse, there would have been no Heisenburg and through everything they've been through, it's no surprise that Walt doesn't like the idea of offing him even as a last resort.

I can't blame Jesse for being suspicious in that moment either has he really has been burnt too many times that you could argue Walt had already burnt that bridge over time, considering I can't remember him being totally straight with Jesse since season 3.

I still found myself feeling sympathy for Walt extending the olive branch with genuine trust. In fairness without Jesse, there would have been no Heisenburg and through everything they've been through, it's no surprise that Walt doesn't like the idea of offing him even as a last resort.

I can't blame Jesse for being suspicious in that moment either has he really has been burnt too many times that you could argue Walt had already burnt that bridge over time, considering I can't remember him being totally straight with Jesse since season 3.

i think walt's 'concern' for jesse was/is less genuine concern than an attempt at rationalising his actions to himself. if hank and jesse are still off limits then he can kid himself on that he is a good guy and only doing what needs to be done.

you see similar attempts at justification in the sopranos and the wire. tony has himself convinced that they are soldiers fighting a war and in the wire horrible things are written off as 'part of the game'.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Aye, Cranston has done a wonderful job. The rest of them have too though. The casting for the entire show has been inspired. I suppose Skylar has been a weak area at times. I'd say everyone else though has been terrific.

And yeah, if it ends well, I'd say it's the best TV show of all time.

As long as its a better ending than the sopranos ,that left me ragin

I've always felt that two shows set themselves apart from the others - The Wire and The Sopranos.

If I were to rate them out of ten, every show in history (that I've seen) would be 9/10 or below; The Sopranos would be a 9.5/10 and The Wire a clear 10/10... Just always felt they were a cut above.

Breaking Bad has entered the realm of those two, in my opinion. It has a few episodes left obviously so I could end up really disappointed with the ending... But The Sopranos ended in a poor way and it still didn't detract from the other 99.xxx% of the show. Unless the last 4 (?) episodes are really some of the finest TV work ever, which at this stage I wouldn't put it past them, I don't see it overtaking either of those two... Can easily see my top two becoming a top three though.

Game of Thrones is having a right good stab at being up there with the best as well. I'd like to see how it copes with being so high profile and if it's able to produce the same level of quality; season three had those same kind of pressures on it though and really did deliver. From what I know about the books etc though, GOT has a fair bit of legs left in it yet - will judge it properly when it's done.

As it stands, the TV versions of Messi and Ronaldo seem to have a challenger...

I've always felt that two shows set themselves apart from the others - The Wire and The Sopranos.

If I were to rate them out of ten, every show in history (that I've seen) would be 9/10 or below; The Sopranos would be a 9.5/10 and The Wire a clear 10/10... Just always felt they were a cut above.

Breaking Bad has entered the realm of those two, in my opinion. It has a few episodes left obviously so I could end up really disappointed with the ending... But The Sopranos ended in a poor way and it still didn't detract from the other 99.xxx% of the show. Unless the last 4 (?) episodes are really some of the finest TV work ever, which at this stage I wouldn't put it past them, I don't see it overtaking either of those two... Can easily see my top two becoming a top three though.

Game of Thrones is having a right good stab at being up there with the best as well. I'd like to see how it copes with being so high profile and if it's able to produce the same level of quality; season three had those same kind of pressures on it though and really did deliver. From what I know about the books etc though, GOT has a fair bit of legs left in it yet - will judge it properly when it's done.

As it stands, the TV versions of Messi and Ronaldo seem to have a challenger...

I'd agree with this, The Wire is my all time favourite show but Breaking Bad is just as good imo. There's not been anything as good in years it's unbelievably well written, the script is outstanding.

Agreed. I think it helped that I started watching a few months before season 4 started to I managed to do the whole lot in one go but now its a week by week wait Im actually enjoying it. Gives everyone a chance to discuss the episodes and whats happening and gives others a chance to play catchup as well

Fucking hell, what a show.

I actualy sit watching each show and I'm almost nervous about what is about to happen. The episode with the train had me actually pacing the floor FFS!

Don't really want to think too much about what will happen because it will just remind me that their are only four episodes left :( Imagine if the ending was shit :unsure2: