Breaking Bad

Kejan

There must be more than just me who liked Breaking Bad but didnt neccesarily rate it way up there like many do....

I would recommend a second watch through. I am appreciating the quality of it much more.

I appreciated the early series a lot more second time round.

I loved breaking bad but never felt it was at the level of something like the sopranos. If the sopranos is ever on tv I will stick it on regardless of episode. Wouldn’t say the same for BB.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

In one of the early scenes, you see night becoming morning in Albuquerque and then various buildings. There is a fast food chain called Twisters. I think that was the old Los Pollos Hermanos restaurant?

It’s where Los Pollos scenes were filmed.

Looking forward to rewatching Ozymandias as I am getting close now, but I must admit, and I was similar first time round, season 5 has started to lose me a wee bit. Walt is too much of a c**t (say my name... f**k off) and the way Hank rumbled him, with the book sat on top of the shitter was fucking rubbish. Admittedly the stand off between Hank, Walt, Marie and Skyler as it all starts to piece together was good but in general, Lydias bigher role and the introduction of Todd and his crew just loses me a bit.

• 5 months later...

Just binged this in about two weeks.
Ending was a bit of a downer but probably the best outcome. For me the best episodes featured some sort of comedy and a mixture of gus, mike, Jesse, Walter saul and hank.
They could have strung out the scenes in the lab and drug stuff rather than show the domestic stuff with Skyler.
Wouldn't say it's up there with the sopranos but definitely top five.
Cant say there was a bad or pointless episode.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just binged this in about two weeks.
Ending was a bit of a downer but probably the best outcome. For me the best episodes featured some sort of comedy and a mixture of gus, mike, Jesse, Walter saul and hank.
They could have strung out the scenes in the lab and drug stuff rather than show the domestic stuff with Skyler.
Wouldn't say it's up there with the sopranos but definitely top five.
Cant say there was a bad or pointless episode.

Watching it for probably the third time overall.  Just started the final season.  The only episode that I thought was boring was the one with the fly.

• 6 months later...

Currently on my 4th watch through.  Just finished the season 4 opener 'Box Cutter'.  From this point onward, it's just scenes after scenes after scenes.

Fired through the final 4 episodes of season 4 last night.  The episode 'Salud' is probably my 2nd favourite of the whole show after 'Felina'.  The scene at Don Eladio's hacienda is superb and I remember the audible 'shitttttttt' I let out when I first watched it.  Still gives me a thrill when I watch it for a 4th time.

The scene in the car park where Walter has rigged Gus' car in  'End Times' is brilliant, the suspense when Gus stops and realises, then when he looks out over the rooftops to see if there is anyone there, is unmatched.  Superb.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Mr X said:
12 minutes ago, coprolite said:
Is el Camino worth a watch? 

Yes. It's not brilliant but should be watched if you've watched all of BB

I did watch it all and mostly thought it was great but there was a lot that didn't work for me and i can't take to better call Saul at all. 

I did watch it all and mostly thought it was great but there was a lot that didn't work for me and i can't take to better call Saul at all. 
How much of Better Call Saul did you watch? The more recent seasons have sort of focused more on some of the Breaking Bad storylines (if I can put it that way to avoid spoilers). The HHM and Jimmy's brother storylines from the first few seasons were rubbbish but the more you watch it, the better it gets imo.