Video game music

Swampy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like the Batman: Arkham City music. It sort of blends the Elfman Batman music with a bit of the Zimmer music, creating a nice feel that really suits the game.

Other than that, Pokemon music is good. Haters will hate.

Football, SOCCA!

My mate's brother knows all the lyrics to this song, and would insist on singing it each time it came on. It was known for him to spend 4 minutes choosing a stadium to keep the song on.

In terms of general atmosphere of a game, the psycho mantis music was superb. The music completely differs to anything before in the game, and it really does add that bit off eerieness to the game. In terms of GTA, I always loved Radio X, pretty much just Rock and Metal music: Guns and Roses, Depeche Mode, Primal Scream, Stone Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, RATM, Living Colour and Jane's Addiction. Utterly superb. cool.gif

Pretty much every piece in the FF series by Uematsu (especially in VII) is spot-on. Each suits its location/battle/moment/purpose perfectly. Aeris' theme in particular is pretty special, I could play the first 30-odd seconds of it on my old keyboard. Sadly I didn't have the patience or tuition to learn to read more complex parts of music that became present later in the piece and chucked it.

Another favourite is this one, which gives me shivers down my spine when I hear it. Playing through the game just now and nearly shat myself on going into the Shinra Mansion in Nibelheim! One freaky song!

EDIT: Agree about the Pro Evo 2008 music, last Pro Evo game I got and the "Go For The Goal" song was fantastic, also agree about the Metal Gear Solid track too, the Psycho Mantis bit was freaky enough without the music, I used to watch my brother playing MGS when I was about 7 and it totally spooked me!

FF7 has the best soundtrack hands down. Just about every song makes my hair stand, reminds me of watching my older cousin playing and completing it, I was about 6 or 7 years old when he did and I remember being nervous, espicially when some of the music came on, but it has to be the boss music on FF7 and Sephiroth's song (posted earlier);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUzIrhINP4

Pokemon Red ya c***s, my childhood right there, here's the song that sticks in my mind;

Man this brings back some memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXdznM0KNI

Great game! Remember completing it on the Master System with my dad! :D

Pokemon Red ya c***s, my childhood right there, here's the song that sticks in my mind;

Dug out my old Gameboy Color a few days ago, Pokemon Blue was in it and I was in Victory Road with a level 99 Blastoise and Charizard and various other beasts. Forgot where to go, got lost and gave up though :(

For original soundtrack then Pokemon and Final Fantasy VIII are great. The battle and card music in FF8 are amazing.

The GTA games' radio channels are fantastic.

FF8 had both the best opening theme song and ending theme song i have ever heard

Liberi Fatali and Eye on You were simply brilliant

special mention to waltz for the moon

I absolutely love game music. Old school games depended on a great melody/song to make up for the sound quality, games these days are much more cinematic in their sound. I loved the character that came from the great tracks of old school games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KONsogQuE

Road Rash II - some of the finest blues music on the megadrive, if you can make it up to the 'guitar' solo about 2 mins in it's absolutely astounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dOnOKsaQz0&feature=related

Streets of rage - Here's a treat, the game's sound engineer/composer Yuzo Koshiro plays a live set using the music from the games. Everyone remembers how awesome the soundtrack was.

Still get goosebumps when I hear this ^

I could pick anything from Final Fantasy X, probably the best game I've ever played, but I'm going with this from the opening scene:

have you played anything of FF7 and FF8?

Yes but after I played 10. It was the first game I'd played that was movie-like, you get really emotionally attached to the characters and places, I didnt think any of the other games (until 13) were like that.

Yes but after I played 10. It was the first game I'd played that was movie-like, you get really emotionally attached to the characters and places, I didnt think any of the other games (until 13) were like that.

I absolutely love VII, but X might just be my favourite as well.

This reminds me of trying to avoid those bolts of lightning:

I actually dusted off my PS2 last year and played X again. It still holds up. Fantastic gaming experience.

the first FF game i ever played was 7, then 8 then 9 and so forth

Still cannot see past FF* as the best game, thought the storyline was simply brilliant, it got you hooked from the word go, also the gameplay and the junction system i thought was the best FF idea i had ever played

7 was a close 2nd, great storyline and characters, just didnt like the magic system, thought the game was too easy

As for 10, i thought it was too linear, not even a proper world map to level up on or search for items etc, great graphics and battle system, just far far too linear

Archived