Travelling to a German game

McLee

This has probably been asked already so apologies if so, but how difficult is it to get tickets for a Bayern game at the Allianz? Provisionally looking into heading over to Munich in March and I'm wondering if going on a weekend 1860 are at home would be a more realistic shout in terms of getting a match in.

I've never tried to get tickets to a league game at the Allianz, but from what I understand, Bayern games sell out more or less instantly. I'm sure you'd be able to get a ticket on somewhere like viagogo or the like. There was actually an article in one of yesterday's papers, saying that Bayern have sold out every home game for the rest of the season, so even that could be a struggle.

In comparison, you can walk up to the ground when 1860 are at home and get a ticket without an issue, as you would expect from a side with an average attendance of under 20,000 playing in a 71,000 stadium.

Well I'm going in April with a few fellow 1860 supporters from Scotland, making our annual trip to see a game, so lets do it and try to get a P&B fanclub going!

Might be up for that, I'm only an hour and a half away. My allegiances have kind of been handed to Augsburg already however, so I'm probably never going to be an 1860 fan, but I'm always up for getting to games.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. By the time I got to my seat Union were 1-0 up. Great comeback though. Ronny's free-kick superb.

I'm looking to go to Hamburg in February for St Pauli vs Bochum game (I wanted to go to Berlin but was outvoted). Anyone know how easy it is to get tickets?

Exact days and times for BL & BL2 fixtures through to mid February now released.

St. Pauli - Bochum is at 1:00pm on the Saturday.

ETA:- On the St. Pauli web-site, mentions that they'll start selling tickets for this game in the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Edited by German Jag

I went to Eintracht Frankfurt v Mainz last year ( December ish ) - good crack at the German football....

I was on a course for work and went with a load of Swedish guys.... Wanted to buy a scarf but didn't see any for sale !! Beer everywhere though - and REAL beer - not the crap you get at the baseball in the States.... You could smoke as well ( if you wanted ) Quite a lot of security though, you kind of went through an outer ring ( and got frisked ) and then in to the stadium...

Good stadiums , Good atmosphere, a beer and a fag - what more can you ask for ? :P

Hoping to head to Hamburg in March to coincide with Chile playing Germany. Been to Hamburg before when travelling around Europe but only got the one night out. It was excellent despite fearing the worst having walked out the train station and seen the area our hotel was in. But a nice city and the Reeperbahn has a number of decent pubs and bars.

Anyway, when do fixtures come out as depending on flights may be able to get to a Hamburg game the weekend before getting the train down to Stuttgart for the Chile game, providing we can get tickets.

It's no exaggeration when I say that my first step on the Reeperbahn was to avoid the projectile vomit of a man who had just stumbled from a KFC. Classy place.

Hoping to head to Hamburg in March to coincide with Chile playing Germany. Been to Hamburg before when travelling around Europe but only got the one night out. It was excellent despite fearing the worst having walked out the train station and seen the area our hotel was in. But a nice city and the Reeperbahn has a number of decent pubs and bars.

Anyway, when do fixtures come out as depending on flights may be able to get to a Hamburg game the weekend before getting the train down to Stuttgart for the Chile game, providing we can get tickets.

Weekend before the Chile game, Hamburg are away to Bremen. Exact date and kick-off not yet announced (probably some time 2nd week January).

Edited by German Jag

Anyone know how hard it would be to get tickets to a köln or ösnabruck game?

Why don't you try the clubs' websites? I went to a Mainz game a few years ago. It was easy enough to buy tickets on their website. I had to run it through the Babelfish website. I paid with my credit card, printed off a receipt then picked up the tickets at the ground on the day of the match. It was only around 10 Euros.

Why don't you try the clubs' websites? I went to a Mainz game a few years ago. It was easy enough to buy tickets on their website. I had to run it through the Babelfish website. I paid with my credit card, printed off a receipt then picked up the tickets at the ground on the day of the match. It was only around 10 Euros.

cheers

Fixtures now confirmed for all BL & BL2 games through to the end of March.

As mentioned, the weekend before the Chile game, Hamburg are away to Bremen. Match now confirmed as a 3:30pm kick-off on Saturday 1st.

St. Pauli are at home to Union Berlin on the Monday night.

Anyone know how hard it would be to get tickets to a köln or ösnabruck game?

For almost all Köln games, getting tickets is relatively easy. The main (only in German) Köln ticket site is here,

http://www.eventimsports.de/shop/35/home?&shopid=35

Eventim also have a more general site which is also available in English, http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?language=en Click on sports, football, then Cologne.

For Osnabrück, can't imagine any games selling out. Online ticket shop is Osnabrück-Tickets

If buying from any of the above sites then "print@home tickets", if offered, is the best way to go. Or else select collection at the stadium if an option.

Drop me a PM if you need any assistance.

What are the chances of getting tickets to the St Pauli game?

Would presume that come the day of the game that it will be sold out, but getting tickets from the St. Pauli online shop should be no problem.

Acc. to their web-site, details to be announced beginning of January, with sales likely to start 3rd week in January.

What are the chances of getting tickets to the St Pauli game?

General sale starts at 9am on the 10th January. The Union Berlin game though is restricted to those that have purchased tickets previously during this season.

St. Pauli web-site. Only in German, stick the bit below "Freier Verkauf" into google translate.

Anyone used viagogo for tickets? Looking to visit either Berlin or Frankfurt, I guess tickets for hertha are readily available due to stadium size? Is it best to buy online or when you are over there?